• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I've got a code for the MW2 Resurgence Pack(PS3) that I'm trying to swap for the 360 version. I also would trade it for the first pack as well. I'd also consider trades for XBLA or PSN codes, especially a LIMBO code :) Shoot me a private message if you are interested.

DoomGyver

In Search, does anyone else find the "TIMES ALMOST UP" *Cue music* extremely too loud?

It has screwed me over multiple times not being able to hear enemies during that time period. And it's one of the most important times in the game.

Xux

Full Recovery said:
In Search, does anyone else find the "TIMES ALMOST UP" *Cue music* extremely too loud?

It has screwed me over multiple times not being able to hear enemies during that time period. And it's one of the most important times in the game.

Yeah, it does kind of mess with the purity that that mode is supposed to represent. There's a bunch of little nuances (mostly randomness) to this game that makes me not like elimination stuff.

More bad player stuff: I was playing Ground War Domination on Fuel and the other team somehow managed to get five chopper gunners in a row. I got two down with my AT4 and RPD and the chopper gunners only killed me enough times that I broke even. It's like, "lrn2choppergunner" and stuff.

Mik2121

You know the one thing that I hate the MOST about MW2.. the name tags showing up all over the place. I usually like to kill enemies from far away with my ACR, but sometimes it's impossible to see the enemies because my teammates' nicknames get on the way and I can't see shit.

Why don't they make it so that the teammates' nicknames disappear if they are near your crosshair? Ughh..

Kujo

Stillmatic said:
I made a follow up to my booster hunting vid i posted last week. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zVgL1BWfg
:lol love C4

Mik2121 said:
Why don't they make it so that the teammates' nicknames disappear if they are near your crosshair? Ughh..
I hate this, sometimes it looks like an enemy is a teammate because an actual teammate's name appears behind him. Then there are times when my Harrier or whatnot gets a kill while I'm shooting someone from afar, and I think that +100 is from me, and I reload and...uh oh

kuYuri

http://fourzerotwo.com/post/881317346/mw2ctfhcmoshpit

Modern Warfare 2 Playlist Updates

We’re updating the playlists to Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360. The update will bring the triumphant return of a dedicated Capture the Flag playlist, in addition to the new Hardcore Moshpit playlist.

Hardcore Moshpit allows you to play Hardcore Domination (YESSSS!), Hardcore Demolition, Hardcore Capture the Flag, and Hardcore Sabotage for the first time in a public playlist; as well as the Hardcore TDM, Hardcore HQ Pro, and Hardcore S&D staples that HC fans already know and love.

These two additions will take the place of the Resurgence playlists, since they are now integrated into all modes.

Note that this playlist update is currently only on Xbox 360 but will be made for Playstation and Steam users in a week or so (due to the Resurgence Package and corresponding playlists having only recently been added to PSN and PC).

Players should be seeing the playlist update hit their boxes in the next hour or so (depending on location, as it takes time to prop to everyone). Jump online, and enjoy!

EDIT: Beaten.

USD

Mojo said:
I hate this, sometimes it looks like an enemy is a teammate because an actual teammate's name appears behind him. Then there are times when my Harrier or whatnot gets a kill while I'm shooting someone from afar, and I think that +100 is from me, and I reload and...uh oh
This is the worst. :lol

And yeah, teammate names can be annoying especially when they have a long one like "COD Studmeister20XX"

J2d

Mik2121 said:
because they fucking suck, I also hate it when I got a big fat a,b or c and can't se shit. I got to spread my hate for the chopper and harrier too, the first one is a useless piece of shit and the second one has this ability to dodge stingers every now and then.

Having spent 30 days on this I'm running out of things to keep me motivated. The core gameplay has never felt that satisfying or maybe skill based to me, what kept me going was the bars to fill up and the thrill of kill streaks. Now that most of that is gone I can hopefully put this behind me.

FUCK. COMMANDO!

This perk sucks so much ass. If you don't have a perfect connection the game game always counts the opponents actions first. It completely broke the game..

USD

J2d said:
because they fucking suck, I also hate it when I got a big fat a,b or c and can't se shit. I got to spread my hate for the chopper and harrier too, the first one is a useless piece of shit and the second one has this ability to dodge stingers every now and then.
It's weird, the stinger is less accurate against a nearly stationary target than it is against one that flies around the entire map. I've gotten into the habit of hitting the Harrier the second it flies onto the map or, if I miss that chance, waiting for it to completely stop moving before firing.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so are the map expansions any good?

i've only got the basic maps and they're shit. And whilst they've always been shit I'm now sick and tired of seeing them.

my favourite is when everyone skips derailed and skidrow comes up.

Dresden

i_am_ben said:

i've only got the basic maps and they're shit. And whilst they've always been shit I'm now sick and tired of seeing them.
I think the first map pack was decent, but the second map pack was one of the worst purchases I've made in a while. Completely unlikeable.

i_am_ben said:

Basically half of each map pack is good and the other is shit.

I hate Fuel so much..I wish you could select maps you never want to have in your cycle.

Xux

Mush said:
NZGR!

NZGR!

NZGR!

Why did the guy who got stuck at 2:36 run into the gas station :lol

It's the guy he teamed up with to hunt boosters as mentioned at the end of the video.

kuYuri

Mush said:
NZGR!

NZGR!

NZGR!

Why did the guy who got stuck at 2:36 run into the gas station :lol

2qtxp1d.jpg

Stillmatic

Cheers all! I had fun making it so i'm glad people are enjoying it.

Xux said:
It's the guy he teamed up with to hunt boosters as mentioned at the end of the video.
USD said:
They were playing on FFA however, so he techincally wasn't a teammate. Still, just as effective. :lol
Yeah he's an old clan mate, he messaged me saying he had some boosters in his FFA lobby so i tried to spectate/rec him kiling them, i eventually just jumped in and we teamed up. We messed up a few attempts, mainly because we were on PS3 resorting to text chat, trying to communicate on the fly where they are and where to meet up to jump on them, but yeah, we failed. :lol

I finally clicked on to the fact if you mute someone in the MW2 lobby that person also can't hear you (i always thought they could), oops. XD

Xux

UnluckyKate said:
23t08d2.png

Is that THE Toy Soldier ? The infamous GAFfer with contraversial framed content ?

That's a pro title; I need to use that gun more.

mr_boo said:
Got a question. What Secondary do you guys use for non-SP kits, Launchers excluded? I've been running around with Akimbo Rangers but wanted a sanity check to see if there was anything better.

Kind of a late response but...

I've doin' fine with the SPAS on a Marathon+Lightweight kit; I have Steady Aim on everything except dedicated stealth classes so that might help (as well as having decent aim with it). The M1014 seems better than the Striker without Stopping Power if that helps at all.

Magnum isn't effected by Stopping Power but no one tends to seriously use pistols. :/

Stillmatic said:
Yeah he's an old clan mate, he messaged me saying he had some boosters in his FFA lobby so i tried to spectate/rec him kiling them, i eventually just jumped in and we teamed up. We messed up a few attempts, mainly because we were on PS3 resorting to text chat, trying to communicate on the fly where they are and where to meet up to jump on them, but yeah, we failed. :lol

I finally clicked on to the fact if you mute someone in the MW2 lobby that person also can't hear you (i always thought they could), oops. XD

:lol Yeah, that video was great. So many multi-kills! The care package kills were friggin' hilarious.

I'm surprised you managed to run into that many boosters. It's been ages since I've run into any on PS3 and figured everyone that would need to boost would have done so this late in the game's life. Do they mostly just stick to FFA for that now?

Didn't know about that mute thing either. Good to know.

Stillmatic

ThirstyFly said:
I'm surprised you managed to run into that many boosters. It's been ages since I've run into any on PS3 and figured everyone that would need to boost would have done so this late in the game's life. Do they mostly just stick to FFA for that now?

Didn't know about that mute thing either. Good to know.

More common than before imo, it just depends on the modes i think. If you play Barebones pro you'll run into them all the time, and to a lesser extent, FFA. The footage was recorded over 4 nights, some nights were busier than others, i actually had to play the game when it was quiet. :lol

I came across that mute thing running into a few boosters. There'd be 3 of them in a lobby with mics, and one of them must've forgotten to mute me because i could still hear him, but not his booster mates, yet i could still sometimes hear them through the guys mic that hadn't muted me. If someone has a mic and mutes you, their mic symbol is still there, but it doesn't flash when they talk.

Xux

Full Recovery said:
Just ran into a clan called +tax, everyone used ACR w/ heartbeat and silencer and red tiger. bleh

Damn, talk about efficient.

Had probably one of the better matches I've ever had the other night. It was Ground War Domination on Favela (weird how Favela seems better for Ground War than Salvage, which is a pretty good map otherwise, and Storm, which seems a bit bigger) and the other rush our close flag right away so a couple guys and me rush their side and it turns into one of the more hectic games where a majority of the players were running and gunning and what not. Finding out you could cap B from inside the ice cream shop on the blue garbage can has probably changed my life forever.

Also, they seriously need to take Domination for Vacant and Highrise out of Ground War; the spawn rushing is just way beyond the scope of the people I've been teamed up with. I don't think ever been put on the team that's going to win in Highrise but I got put on the team that spawned on the winning side on Vacant one time and it was pretty easy to keep rushing the two exits they have and shotgunning them in the face.

Had the best time playing this last night that Ive had in quite awhile. A buddy and I were going through and after a few rough games were having nothing but 32-14, 26-9, type games, which are pretty good for us! :lol

I used the SPAS last night for the first time (I mean, using it seriously) even though Im on my 4th prestige, due to seeing it mentioned here in the same sentence as the Intervention. Good Lord that thing is crazy good. Not quickscoping Intervention good, but none the less.

The one thing that made last night pretty good was that we werent running into too much crap. Limited Interventions, tubers, & commandos makes game so much better.

Roxas

Stillmatic said:
I made a follow up to my booster hunting vid i posted last week. :)

I put more effort into it this time, i like it better anyway. If you like watching this sort of stuff you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zVgL1BWfg

Surely your all in on this? There's some sections where there are 4-5 guys doing the boosting in the middle of a map? :\ not exactly where you would go to boost.

Patrick Bateman said:
FUCK. COMMANDO!

This perk sucks so much ass. If you don't have a perfect connection the game game always counts the opponents actions first. It completely broke the game..
They need a commando forced on mode, nothing but teleporting knives on small tight maps, yeah!

Roxas said:
Surely your all in on this? There's some sections where there are 4-5 guys doing the boosting in the middle of a map? :\ not exactly where you would go to boost.

You'd be surprised at the lengths some wieners will go to do this shit. I dont play free for all that much, but I've done a good a share of booster hunting, it happens a lot. :D

Oddly enough, Barebones Deathmatch does appear to be where the boosters are flocking (doesnt that kinda weaken or negate the purpose of boosting as you arent earning giant killsteaks?).

Getting hate mail/voice messages from boosters whose day I ruin makes me happy. :D

TheApatheticOne said:
Oddly enough, Barebones Deathmatch does appear to be where the boosters are flocking (doesnt that kinda weaken or negate the purpose of boosting as you arent earning giant killsteaks?).

Seems like most boosters I run across there are boosting headshots. Which sucks from a boosterbusting point of view since you can't really fuck them over, just annoy them until they give up and leave.

TheHakku

vhfive said:
I thought people were boosting to get nukes. why are they in barebones....

am I missing something

The post immediately before you.

foomfoom415 said:
Seems like most boosters I run across there are boosting headshots.

Yeah. I don't understand it either. Titles. It's so hard to get them legitimately they plan on wasting their time not having fun to get titles that really mean nothing for them.

vhfive

TheHakku said:
The post immediately before you.

Yeah. I don't understand it either. Titles. It's so hard to get them legitimately they plan on wasting their time not having fun to get titles that really mean nothing for them.
:lol that's what I get for not refreshing before I post

DoomGyver

Whenever I use ninja pro I hardly ever see a heartbeat sensor. Whenever I use SitRep pro I see heartbeats every other game. fuuu

Also little fact I'll throw out here I briefly tested all of the handguns with FMJ to see which one would be best for shooting claymores through walls with SitRep pro.

In Vacant
M9 w/ FMJ = 1 wall
USP w/ FMJ= 1 wall (possibly 2, might of been a fluke)
44mag w/ FMJ 3 walls

Then I tried comparing the 44mag to the Intervention FMJ and I could not tell a difference in penetration which goes against everything I've heard. (that penetration is based on class, so sniper > lmg > AR > smg > handgun etc.) I may do some more extensive testing later with different locations and materials.

foomfoom415 said:
Seems like most boosters I run across there are boosting headshots. Which sucks from a boosterbusting point of view since you can't really fuck them over, just annoy them until they give up and leave.

Hmm, even then it doesnt make much sense as they can get headshots just the same in the regular modes. I suppose they think no one will be likely to be looking for it in Barebones. *shrugs shoulder*

Hellion

So this week I decided to get back into MW2, After playing a couple hours I come check this thread to see whats new in the community and I find out about "Boosters". It was strange seeing players getting nukes with 26 kill streaks during my playtime.

Just last night I got a random message asking me if I wanted to boost?... is this normal in MW2 now?

Top Bottom