• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zewone

Rice-Eater said:
Question guys, I used a the ACOG a lot in COD4, mainly with the M4. I've seen a few videos showing a scope with the Intervention. It doesn't sway and has a dot sight which I love, but it doesn't seem to magnify at all which I don't like. It just looks like another RDS, except it'll block your view more so then the regular RDS. Is this the ACOG and if not then will the ACOG still provide a 2x zoom with the same dot sight and less sway like the thing on the Intervention.
That's a new sight called Holographic.

ACOG is pretty much the same; I think it zooms out a tiny bit less which I like.

saelz8

They removed lean out of the PC version.

zach426
What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?

Mackey-IW
The game is not balanced for lean.

:lol This shit is fucking hilarious.

Damn! Beaten!

saelz8 said:
They removed lean out of the PC version.

zach426
What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?

Mackey-IW
The game is not balanced for lean.

:lol This shit is fucking hilarious.

Damn! Beaten!

Where are you guys watching this??

Ogs said:
N.....no lean ? :(

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ........................:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Downgrading gameplay, rewarding failure and stripping out key features, all whilst jacking up the price. What a disaster.

LOWEST. COMMON. DENOMINATOR.

Should be the game's subtitle.

No console, and FOV locked at 65! :lol :lol

J-Rzez

Wait... so he got killed while using the AC-130, and just respawned while still controlling firing from that plane?

Kibbles

Kerm 1 said:
I paid $30 shipping for two copies overnight. Set to receive on Thursday the 5th. Me and the kid will have a great time playing it a weekend early. Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, here's a link to the 360 version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Xbox-360-2009_W0QQitemZ390114120514QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item5ad49d1342
How do you change the shipping you want. If I click buy it now it goes to UPS Ground. (note: I'm not buying it here yet, just wondering). Also, did u get a tracking #?

Mikey Jr.

PC has MOUSE CONTROL??!?!

Thank God. I thought I was going to have to play by slapping my dick on the keyboard.

Jesus Christ. That interview was shameful.

MoFuzz

shuri said:
is that just for the pc version? they removed leaning only in the pc version?

I'm not certain on this, but I don't think console versions had lean to begin with.

Dynamic3

zewone said:
That's a new sight called Holographic.

I don't think he's describing the holographic sight. Holographic sights allow you to keep both eyes open, so it shouldn't seem like you are looking down a "scope."

Although he said it looks like another RDS so maybe I don't understand what he is trying to say.

winnarps

J-Rzez said:
Wait... so he got killed while using the AC-130, and just respawned while still controlling firing from that plane?

If you get killed while using the controlled kill streaks, you continue to control the killstreak until it expires or is destroyed by the other team, whichever comes first.

After it expires, you respawn.

Omikron

This one cracks me up also....

h4msandwich: Has IWnet been tested in European settings? My clan plays european leagues and we got ppl from Eastern europe, UK and Sweden meeting in the same match. How is this going to play out considering siginificant differences in Bandwith and connection qualities between players. Will host player always have the ping advantage. Can a match be hosted by 'third' person, not taking part in the match?

Mackey-IW: Players do not control who hosts.

YAY, welcome to creating a game with your friends, only the player with the shitiest connection getting the hosting job :lol

You know its going to happen.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
brain_stew said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ........................:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Downgrading gameplay, rewarding failure and stripping out key features, all whilst jacking up the price. What a disaster.

LOWEST. COMMON. DENOMINATOR.

Should be the game's subtitle.

No console, and FOV locked at 65! :lol :lol

The fuck?

Holy shit poor PC MW players :lol ...

Why.jpg

IW PR mouthpiece said:
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics setting

Hot damn, they're really going all out to please PC gamers here! :lol

Text chat and mouse control!? Damn that's some innovative pioneering shit right there! :lol

Archie said:
9v9 on the PC. Dear God.

Hey, at least its 2 more players than we were expecting! Progress! Maybe they'll manage a 20 player match next year!?

venom2124

J-Rzez said:
Even if you get killed on the ground while controlling a killstreak reward, you get to finish out your 30 sec reward. Your reward can still be shot down and you'll respawn on the ground, or you finish the time and respawn.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
YuriLowell said:
Please tell me this is a joke.
GeneralClean: With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Vince-IW: 9v9

brain_stew said:
Hey, at least its 2 more players than we were expecting! Progress! Maybe they'll manage a 20 player match next year!?
10v10 DLC only $4.99. I can't wait!

J-Rzez

winnarps said:
If you get killed while using the controlled kill streaks, you continue to control the killstreak until it expires or is destroyed by the other team, whichever comes first.

After it expires, you respawn.

Eww. And people thought that if you killed the player things like that AC-130 and Heli would go away. That sucks it doesn't.

Well, at least I've seen some interesting air support so far in that feed.

Full Recovery said:
IW has the worst community support ever.

Name a dev that's a worse offender.

Blizzard used to take that crown. But I'm beginning to think it's IW with all this info.

bengraven

Kind of sad, because I loved all the IW CoDs, but I'm more excited for the console port of CoD1 than this game. :(

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
kaRMa: Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?

Vince-IW: yes.

:/

Raxus

Why not make bulletpoints at the back of the box for PC CoD users

From the creators of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Unlimited combinations of perks, attachments, and weapons.
Campaign that stretches over the globe.
Keep playing online with the new IW.net!

You play as a guy called Roach!
Only here can you use accurate mouse controls!
Usually you would get the hidden message by now.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Most of the questions seem to come from people not understanding how Matchmaking and a Party system actually works.

Oh, and I called the player cap thing when the PC stuff was first announced. :D

YuriLowell said:
The PC is too good for IW now.

Leave you console peasant.

Shattered Horizon is hitting this week for $20 with dedicated servers, genuinely unique gameplay, new free content already on the way and graphics that aren't straight out of 2004, yeah, I'll cope just fine without them.

Shawsie64

Banned
I cant bear to read any more about the PC version of the game. I hope that IW are actually taking this reaction from the PC gamer community seriously as there is some seriously ridiculous decisions being made.

At first i was like 'oh shit no dedicated servers =/ our LAN'S are gonna be soo bad on our shitty Australian internet but I'll just wait and see and maybe its good after all'... Then I found out about having no lean, no console, no mods, no changeable FOV, 9v9 MP MAX and costing $99 AUS on Steam (for comparison just bought Dragon age for $55 AUS).

Im not saying im against paying $99 for PC games here as that's usually the norm if you go through EB games but on steam the prices are significantly cheaper due to no retail box and when you strip SOOOO MANY features and still charge that ridiculous amount for a game it really pisses me off.

Sorry IW as much as I used to love you and as much as I loved MW1 I'd feel dirty supporting you after all of this bullshit, my mates also feel the same.

No sale :(

I have never been in this thread before, I was never going to come into this thread, there is a good chance I was never going to play MW2 (aside from maybe 5 mins at a friends place). But all that has changed, I have decided I will be buying this game day 1 because of the section where you play as a terrorist. Good show Infinity Ward.

That is all.

Kibbles

Did anyone even talk to that ebay guy? With Express Shipping it says on the bottom
5 business days
after seller receives cleared payment" if you click shipping & payment. o_O That would be monday at the earliest. 1 day early is not worth $25. Or is it an error on his part. Did he actually say you would receive it on Thursday/Friday?

Calen

Omi said:
excellent IW, you just assumed everyone has the same connection and aren't smart enough to decide out of a group of friends, who is the best person to host. :lol
I must be confused...I *thought* it worked by picking the best potential host from a given lobby based on a bunch of factors that we spent a lot of time implementing and tuning. Guess I'll have to look over that code again. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Full Recovery said:
IW has the worst community support ever.

Name a dev that's a worse offender.

Not a dev, but Microsoft pretty much shitted all over the PC community when the 360/Vista were released (GFWL, sloppy ports, Ensemble Studios, Alan Wake fiasco, etc.)

I knew the player cap was coming, but no lean?! Gah, the hits keep on coming.

Cheeto

Calen said:
I must be confused...I *thought* it worked by picking the best potential host from a given lobby based on a bunch of factors that we spent a lot of time implementing and tuning. Guess I'll have to look over that code again. Thanks for the heads up! :D
Nah, it *did* work by having a neutral server host the game, so it was fair for everyone.

Shawsie64

Banned
Calen said:

What you think and what your told is best for you isnt always the same thing

=P

Nafai1123

Banned
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
I have never been in this thread before, I was never going to come into this thread, there is a good chance I was never going to play MW2 (aside from maybe 5 mins at a friends place). But all that has changed, I have decided I will be buying this game day 1 because of the section where you play as a terrorist. Good show Infinity Ward.

That is all.

You don't get it. IW ARE the terrorists, planting IED's in the gaming market and terrorist videos online.

Top Bottom