• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Still debating if I want to hit up midnight launch or not. I'm curious to see how many people actually are there since I live in a pretty modest city in Wyoming.

AppleMIX

yoopoo said:
Same here.."Shipping Soon - delivery estimate: November 10, 2009" Well that ain't happening.

I don't know, I pre ordered Brutal Legend with release day shipping a day before it came out and I got my copy the next day.

Eric WK

Guys, if you got Release Day shipping you will have it tomorrow. I've had games leave after midnight and still arrive on release day. Just calm down.

tass0 said:
mwmwmwmw.png

highest score ever (for now?) ;p

Weird, why are they including reviews like telegraph, cynamite, etc...

Yet sometimes metacritic doesn't add like G4TV reviews to a game, just seems odd they are adding lesser known reviewers (at least to me) and then forgetting other bigger reviewers for other games. Like who the heck is MEgamers?

beast786

CrazedArabMan said:
Weird, why are they including reviews like telegraph, cynamite, etc...

Yet sometimes metacritic doesn't add like G4TV reviews to a game, just seems odd they are adding lesser known reviewers (at least to me) and then forgetting other bigger reviewers for other games. Like who the heck is MEgamers?

G4TV asked not to be included in Metacritic.

beast786 said:
G4TV asked not to be included in Metacritic.

Ah I see, still weird though that they are adding some lesser known reviews, I know most are foreign, but I still rarely see them come up for recent games that have been reviewed. Metacritic can be really weird sometimes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
In regahds to that video, it looks like splitscreen has been really well done, it looked good and ran smoove. I'll be doing a lot of local co-op with the girlfriend, so this is good news to me. I tried World at War splitscreen once, it wasn't pretty.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Eric WK said:
Guys, if you got Release Day shipping you will have it tomorrow. I've had games leave after midnight and still arrive on release day. Just calm down.
I know :lol

Like 80% of posts are freaking out about amazon, which almost never fails.

Dabanton

My god just got back from ASDA the line was unbelievable there must have been at least 150 people in front of me and more and more were joining the line as we waited,the line when i was leaving was just as long.

So glad i got there in time.:D

-PXG-

backflip10019 said:
Damn, apparently I'm 104th in line for MW2 at my local Gamestop. And I preordered three weeks ago. Damn.

You're going to get it. You are 100% garunteed a copy. Your store should have hundredS of copies.

-PXG- said:
You're going to get it. You are 100% garunteed a copy. Your store should have hundredS of copies.
Oh no, I know I'll get it for sure. I'm just amazed that that many people around my area actually preordered the game. I'm used to being like 10th in line for other games I've preordered in the past.

I didn't pre-order until about 5pm today. The lady said there were only 29 pre-orders left for the 360. They've never come close to pre-order capacity on big-name games before.

GodofWine

-PXG- said:

My store (the one I go to) is getting 450 copies. Im getting it tomorrow after work, and then I can begin running around with my heavy machine gun like a mad man with my alt account for a few hours before going back to my main.

If you see PSN "TheGodofWine" hit the turf, he'll be a maniac. If you see 'Skigazzi' he'll be a sane version of GOW.

So yeah, I finally sat down (had the game since Thursday) and finished the campaign (on Veteran - another reason it took a long time)...

Wow.

Act I wasn't that great at all, but Act II and III? Amazing. Not quite to Uncharted 2's level of cinematic action, but nearly there... and that's quite an accomplishment for a first person game (easier to show off stuff going on around you via third person).
My only complaints about the campaign are the first third of it, the pacing, and some of the setpieces that are... pretty bad, to say the least.

FrankT

AnEternalEnigma said:
I didn't pre-order until about 5pm today. The lady said there were only 29 pre-orders left for the 360. They've never come close to pre-order capacity on big-name games before.

Now that is amazing.

X26

Banned
How do midnight releases at malls usually work? Might go get my preorder tonight...but I don't want to be running around looking for an unlocked entrance

hamchan

Revolutionary said:
So yeah, I finally sat down (had the game since Thursday) and finished the campaign (on Veteran - another reason it took a long time)...

Wow.

Act I wasn't that great at all, but Act II and III? Amazing. Not quite to Uncharted 2's level of cinematic action, but nearly there... and that's quite an accomplishment for a first person game (easier to show off stuff going on around you via third person).
My only complaints about the campaign are the first third of it, the pacing, and some of the setpieces that are... pretty bad, to say the least.
I agree. I did enjoy cliffhanger quite a lot but the rest of act 1 was only good instead of great. The whole of act 3 pretty much blew me away.

Just got back from a Gamestop tourney. Holy shit the game is now even faster than I thought possible. :lol I got schooled by some 15 year old kids. I am in sore need of practice. Will be picking up my copy tomorrow.

My tag is TheInquistor. Look forward to playing with you guys.

X26 said:
How do midnight releases at malls usually work? Might go get my preorder tonight...but I don't want to be running around looking for an unlocked entrance

The entrance closest to the store should have mall security at it, keeping it open.

NomarTyme

X26 said:
There is a movie theater inside my mall, so it open till 1:00 am.

X26 said:
Best advice is to call the game store and ask, as the mall security should have let them know which entrance they are keeping open.

nib95

Banned
Got my copy on both PS3 and 360. PS3 play through tonight, 360 over the next few days. By the way, have some of the big reviews started coming in yet?

Barrett2

I kind of feel bad, because I know that as of tomorrow at 10:30am, I will likely never play Borderlands again. If MW2 is anything like the first, it will be MP every day, all day.

GodofWine

The_Inquisitor said:
Just got back from a Gamestop tourney. Holy shit the game is now even faster than I thought possible. :lol I got schooled by some 15 year old kids. I am in sore need of practice. Will be picking up my copy tomorrow.

My tag is TheInquistor. Look forward to playing with you guys.

I thought the game looked 'fast' from youtube vids..can't say that makes me happy at all (prefer tactical to run and gun, but I'll adjust).

Plus im now so used to the speed of SOCOM that this is gonna feel like warp speed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
""History is written by the victors" says one character. Infinity Ward has just written history."

impressive

nib95

Banned
For the record, we had a ticket system at my local Asda (Crossharbour, London). And when I went back to get a second copy, I believe they had sold around 350 on both systems. Oddly, they had sold about 50 more copies on the PS3. Which surprised me. They had 400 of each version in stock.

saelz8

I promised my nephew I'd go try and get the game for the 360.

Which is most likely to not sell out? Best Buy, Gamestop or Wal-Mart?

I don't know who, but somebody fails for not having Call of Duty 4 on Games on Demand for Xbox 360. I would have impulse purchased that on a couple of occasions over the weekend. Too late now.

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
Is anyone making a thread in the online forum, or are we trading gamertags in this one?

Gamertag is wonkyaddict, if anyone wants to add me.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Y2Kev said:
""History is written by the victors" says one character. Infinity Ward has just written history."

impressive

Our so called "critics" has prostituted us to Jason West.

GodofWine said:
I thought the game looked 'fast' from youtube vids..can't say that makes me happy at all (prefer tactical to run and gun, but I'll adjust).

Plus im now so used to the speed of SOCOM that this is gonna feel like warp speed.

Yeah i was surprised by the speed. I really will need to practice with you GAFers. :)

Eric WK

Guess I'm not going to the midnight anymore, which is just as well. Instead of standing in line I get to play the game. The console can wait until tomorrow.

FrankT

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I don't know who, but somebody fails for not having Call of Duty 4 on Games on Demand for Xbox 360. I would have impulse purchased that on a couple of occasions over the weekend. Too late now.

Exactly what they did when GTA: Episodes released (GTA IV). I would say it is likely Activision's call. They should do the same with AC as well.

Oh btw there were 90 people at the tourney for the store. I was shocked because it is in a sparsely populated area of a college town. The store ended up with over 600 pre-orders.

My tag once again is TheInquistor if you want some easy kills. :lol

Top Bottom