• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

The difference isnt limited to '2 frames.'
There are a couple of other areas where the 360 is coming out ahead, I just didnt post them because they should be read at Lens of Truth. Those guys deserve the hits for their hard work. But performance was the most relevant difference. the other differences boil down to simple visual effects and load times. If you dont care about the differences or are going to be upset about them or the opinions about them, then I suggest you ignore the matter.

-PXG-

Meta tag is made. PM me your gamertags and I will add you to the friend's list.

If I don't add you tonight, don't fret, I will add you in the morning. No one will be left behind. Once the list is full, I will inform someone else to make another tag.

One of these things is more than the other. End of story.

If you have more PSN friends, go with that one.

I only play multiplayer games on live because my TF2 group plays on there. It's different for anyone. Thankfully the two versions are almost identical.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
theignoramus said:
There are a couple of other areas where the 360 is coming out ahead, I just didnt post them because they should be read at Lens of Truth. Those guys deserve the hits for their hard work. But performance was the most relevant difference. the other differences boil down to simple visual effects and load times.

14o88jl.jpg

Yes, definitely the reason to be called the "superior version". Who the fuck cares about the other important things. Again, absolutely pathetic

Blu_LED said:
True but all my stupid friends will be playing the version with the .81 less frames, so whenever I go over their houses I can laugh in their faces. So obviously I'm going to buy the superior version for this alone.
Get some new friends

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Get some new friends
He was joking.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
According to VGP the North American 360 version is region free, so I'm tempted to go up to Seoul this weekend and see if anyone's got it in stock.

Helmholtz

Shawsie64 said:
Ok so i bought the retail PC version, pretty good so far, doesnt feel like a console port and the IW works good with my internet..
Wait, how are you playing? I thought it unlocked on steam on the 13th

Yoshichan

Oh really, I must not have picked up on it because I was being super serious when I said someone should get new friends because their current friends purchased a game on a different console.
Yes, it looked very serious.

So Mission Failed, I would guess?

Well yeah mission failed for him I guess if he hasn't found some new friends yet
Don't worry, just got off the phone with most of them. Told them that I can't hang with them anymore cause their buying COD on PS3. Now I got to find some 360 bros to hang out with.

-PXG-

Fuck. I just realized that I've never really played a CoD game. I'm going to suck hard. I'm good at other shooters, but this.....shit.....

Blu_LED said:
Don't worry, just got off the phone with most of them. Told them that I can't hang with them anymore cause their buying COD on PS3. Now I got to find some 360 bros to hang out with.
It's for the best man, they sound like a bunch of douchebags.

So I've been playing the ps3 version, it's pretty good but I feel like tearing my eyes out everytime the framerate hits 57.86 fps.

It's for the best man, they sound like a bunch of douchebags.

So I've been playing the ps3 version, it's pretty good but I feel like tearing my eyes out everytime the framerate hits 57.86 fps.
Just sell the system and the game, and join the superior side. It's the only way to play really.

Yoshichan

I don't even know if any of you two are serious now.

Fuck it, I'm off. :lol

Movement

Went in tonight at 7:58 to preorder my copy. Apparently they can only accept preorders before 8:00 so I got there right on time. I got the last PS3 copy and the guy told me they had 650 copies, all of which are sold.

MrDaravon

-PXG- said:
Fuck. I just realized that I've never really played a CoD game. I'm going to suck hard. I'm good at other shooters, but this.....shit.....

Yeah, this is going to be weird for me too. I've played through MW and WaW's Campaign modes, but never played online for whatever reason (mostly my friends had moved on from MW when I rented it, and no one played WaW). Practically my entire friends list is picking it up though, and hopefully I'll pick it up fairly quickly.

Calen said:
I love how people can completely discount two years of very hard work like this ;) We've spent a huge amount of time on new features and optimizations for all of the platforms.

So um, do I get an apology now that we know the PS3 version performs precisely like I guesed it would have done?

Odrion

Banned
Man, I got the urge to pick up this game tonight. No way in hell will it be feasible. The Wal-Mart is the only place selling it midnight in a college town.
No_Style said:
Ice T got his copy:

41909182-7384073ac379df9661d6a44219fc6e3e.4af8d1b2-scaled.jpg

That guy is just awesome.

I've got my copy, it's sitting right next to me but I'm at work and I have 2 hours and 10 minutes to go.

I WANT TO GO HOME... maybe I should say I have a migraine...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Eltacoman said:
Went in tonight at 7:58 to preorder my copy. Apparently they can only accept preorders before 8:00 so I got there right on time. I got the last PS3 copy and the guy told me they had 650 copies, all of which are sold.

Wow. November NPDs will be insane.

Went to walmart on an errand run for the wife and would have stayed for the MW2 release in 2 hours, but there was an old man running electronics who knew jack shit about releasing at midnight (even though they have posters at the entrance advertising it) and didn't know if they'd have Hardened versions or not. So I left. Hardened from Amazon it is, then. Guess I'll wait until after work tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh my god the airport mission D=

that was disgusting

Pctx

Banned
theignoramus said:
There are a couple of other areas where the 360 is coming out ahead, I just didnt post them because they should be read at Lens of Truth. Those guys deserve the hits for their hard work. But performance was the most relevant difference. the other differences boil down to simple visual effects and load times. If you dont care about the differences or are going to be upset about them or the opinions about them, then I suggest you ignore the matter.
If you want to talk about performance then you should be talking about the PC version. The consoles performance is negligible.

brain_stew said:
So um, do I get an apology now that we know the PS3 version performs precisely like I guesed it would have done?
:lol
Some guy in that GoW Collectors thread claimed that he (the IW guy) 'owned you.'

I just decided to impulse buy this on Amazon, for the $20 dollar credit. I have Amazon prime, but it says my copy is estimated to be delivered on November 16. Weak....

deadnoob

Hmm, im not sure what approach i should take for bestbuy at midnight Do you guys think its better to wait until like 11:59 and just hop at the end of the line or leave now and try to get a good spot.

I guess either way im screwed

-PXG-

Justin_Bailey said:
I just decided to impulse buy this on Amazon, for the $20 dollar credit. I have Amazon prime, but it says my copy is estimated to be delivered on November 16. Weak....

Well, that's what happens when you order it an hour before launch :lol
sorry :(

Sean

Banned
Justin_Bailey said:

You probably can't get release date delivery this late, but did you click the Amazon Prime 2 Day shipping (free) when checking out? It may have defaulted to standard shipping..

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
-PXG- said:
It's a video game, calm down. :/
disgusting != objectionable

I thought it was powerful, it affected me more than anything else in a video game in recent memory, for better or worst. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to say yet, though. It was just... shocking.

And also, calling it 'just a video game' is belittling for the whole medium. Don't do that.

Rez said:
oh my god the airport mission D=

that was disgusting

seriously.
just finished it... feel a bit... ill.

i've 'murdered' countless pieces of code, polygons and sprites throughout my time playing games but... i'm feeling pretty wrong right now.

theignoramus said:
:lol
Some guy in that GoW Collectors thread claimed that he (the IW guy) 'owned you.'

I don't really care tbh, just found it a little amusing, and no, I'm not really asking for an apology.

Sean said:
You probably can't get release date delivery this late, but did you click the Amazon Prime 2 Day shipping (free) when checking out? It may have defaulted to standard shipping..

Yeah, I just went back and checked, and it is listed for 2 day shipping. It's not the end of the world if it comes monday, but It would have been nice to get it friday, before the weekend. I still think it might come earlier than it says.

Top Bottom