• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

itsgreen

Got mine at midnight mainland europe time. Gamestore midnight opening, but wow. There were like 100 people waiting for the game!

I was impressed. And dissapointed I had to wait 45 mins in line to get my copies...

Expected 2355 at store, 0005 outside with game ;)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
-PXG- said:

Meta tag is made. PM me your gamertags and I will add you to the friend's list.

I've been staying away from this thread, but I'm super curious about this...what is a metal tag?

neoism

November 9, 2009 05:40:00 PM LAUREL MD US Shipment received by carrier
November 9, 2009 11:26:29 AM Sterling VA US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit:lol :lol :lol :lol

darkressurection said:
Man all you guys talking about lines makes me glad I decided to just order off of Amazon, the only trade off is that now I have to wait on UPS tomorrow :(

UPS doesn't get to my house until around 4:30-5 at night. I always forget about this when I order from Amazon. It is the worst.

The_Inquisitor said:
Oh btw there were 90 people at the tourney for the store. I was shocked because it is in a sparsely populated area of a college town. The store ended up with over 600 pre-orders.

My tag once again is TheInquistor if you want some easy kills. :lol
You pretty much answered your own question.

Mileena

Banned
They only selling copies at midnight? I really don't feel like playing with a bunch of randoms in store waiting till midnight. I figure I'll just show up at 11:45 if that's the deal.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
UPS doesn't get to my house until around 4:30-5 at night. I always forget about this when I order from Amazon. It is the worst.
Same here, but the convenience is worth it to me. Besides can't beat that free $20 credit.:D

saelz8 said:
I promised my nephew I'd go try and get the game for the 360.

Which is most likely to not sell out? Best Buy, Gamestop or Wal-Mart?
Walmart's probably your best bet and you'll also get a free $20 gift card to boot.

No_Style

Ice T got his copy:

41909182-7384073ac379df9661d6a44219fc6e3e.4af8d1b2-scaled.jpg

That guy is just awesome.

kaskade

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I don't know who, but somebody fails for not having Call of Duty 4 on Games on Demand for Xbox 360. I would have impulse purchased that on a couple of occasions over the weekend. Too late now.
Probably because they don't want to sell it for under 50 bucks.

Anybody know why the trophies are not showing up? Its launch time here in the UK so surely the patch to prevent them from showing up i read somewhere has been disabled?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
No_Style said:
Ice T got his copy:

That guy is just awesome.
yeah, i just raged on that... probably because i'll remember him more as Fin from Law and Order SVU than the old school rapper...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrankT

No_Style said:
Ice T got his copy:

http://web9.twitpic.com/img/41909182-7384073ac379df9661d6a44219fc6e3e.4af8d1b2-scaled.jp

That guy is just awesome.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/11kkpc7.gif

slunk2zero said:
Anybody know why the trophies are not showing up? Its launch time here in the UK so surely the patch to prevent them from showing up i read somewhere has been disabled?
No patch yet. Just play MP until it's up. lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If someone can please answer this, with spoiler tags of course, I would love you - how long is the single player campaign?

Facism

what the fuck is this? No creatable seperate profiles for SP/MP on PC? Fuck off, 2 people use my Steam account.

awesome. now i can't play the SP until my brother completes his run through, and we share an MP account.

LowParry

Seiken said:
If someone can please answer this, with spoiler tags of course, I would love you - how long is the single player campaign?

...tell me you got the 360 version? It's time for a break from Tekken 6! :lol

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Analysis

Clip 1:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 51.88 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 55.04
PlayStation 3 Avg. Frame Tear: 0.0% / Xbox 360 Avg. Frame Tear: 0.0%

Clip 2:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 47.00 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 54.45

Clip 3:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 50.17 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 57.53

Clip 4:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 59.45 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.96

Clip 5:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 58.78 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.60

Clip 6:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 60.00 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.98

Clip 7:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 59.10 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.98

Clip 8:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 58.42 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.65

Clip 9:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 59.11 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 59.91

Global:
PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 53.73 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 57.31

Lens of Truth: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Analysis

Pretty much like I called it. Overall, it's absolutely a 60 fps experience on PS3, but 360 has better performance.

Facism said:
what the fuck is this? No creatable seperate profiles for SP/MP on PC? Fuck off, 2 people use my Steam account.

awesome. now i can't play the SP until my brother completes his run through, and we share an MP account.

Isn't it against the EULA to share a Steam Account in the first place? :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
...tell me you got the 360 version? It's time for a break from Tekken 6! :lol
Not a chance man :lol I'm not turning T6 off quite yet, not going to play MW2 until much later. (PS3 and PC btw >_<)

bigswords

Raxus said:
Just some general things about the game.

4) Almost nobody speaks in any game for strategy making the lack of a party chat option REALLY suck. Most of the open mics are used for my endless stream of curses and insults back and forth. Smooth move IW.

Wait I though this was only in some modes? Which modes have the NO PARTY CHAT option?

Dommel

slunk2zero said:

The patch wasn't to prevent trophies but to make the infamous airport level skippable, side effect is that it sometimes prevents the trophies from unlocking when booting the game.

Delete the patch if you want trophies but then you can't go online for MP.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
darkressurection said:
Man all you guys talking about lines makes me glad I decided to just order off of Amazon, the only trade off is that now I have to wait on UPS tomorrow :(

A week from now it won't even matter really. But it is exciting to get the game at midnight.

LowParry

Seiken said:
Not a chance man :lol I'm not turning T6 off quite yet, not going to play MW2 until much later. (PS3 and PC btw >_<)

Oh, btw. To answer your question.
I've read the game can take anywhere from 5 - 8 hours. Just depends from person to person.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Mannnn, I'm fighting every urge in me to act like a kid again and go get this game at midnight. I'm trying to tell myself to just wait til tomorrow and go pick up my pre-order, but I'm really thinking I should go tonight.

I pre-ordered so they should have a copy in the store for me, right? Right? They better not fuck me. I've got such a bad history of getting dicked by Gamestop on preorders. They fucked me on my DVD and Infinite Ammo headband when I preordered MGS3: Subsistence Collectors Set to the point where, even though we had it paid in full, the guy just gave us our money back cuz he said his cashier sold them in the morning.

gah. why did I go back to gamestop?

See what this game has me doing? i'm goin nuts here :lol

Kibbles said:
.89 FPS!!! Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!

PSmh3 LOL AMIRITE?

Calen

Dommel said:
The patch wasn't to prevent trophies but to make the infamous airport level skippable, side effect is that it sometimes prevents the trophies from unlocking when booting the game.

Delete the patch if you want trophies but then you can't go online for MP.
The patch was for a late breaking bugfix and unfortunately introduced the trophy issue. We didn't "patch in" support for the level skip. The trophy bug has already been fixed and we are trying to get that patch to you guys ASAP.

Facism

Hasphat6462 said:
Isn't it against the EULA to share a Steam Account in the first place? :p

I didn't realise it was such a dread thing for someone living with me to play the games i buy occasionally, that they don't allow it via EULA.

Fucking arse wish i could return this and get the PS3 version, or do they limit you to one PSN only per disc? -_-

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Eh, neither console "wins". I mean, there both either at 58-60 frames, where you'll notice no difference, or they're both between 47-55 frames, where you'll notice no difference.

But they can't lock 60fps at such a low res? That's turrible.

neoism said:
November 9, 2009 05:40:00 PM LAUREL MD US Shipment received by carrier
November 9, 2009 11:26:29 AM Sterling VA US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit:lol :lol :lol :lol
wait. I live half an hour from sterling and mine shipped from PA. amazon is weird.

Yoshichan

theignoramus said:
Those with both consoles that want the superior fucking product.:lol
Uh, instead of caring about those 2 frames, why not get it on the console where you've got most MW2-friends?

Pathetic. "superior product"

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
The_Inquisitor said:
Oh btw there were 90 people at the tourney for the store. I was shocked because it is in a sparsely populated area of a college town. The store ended up with over 600 pre-orders.

My tag once again is TheInquistor if you want some easy kills. :lol

well there ya go.

I expect at least half a dozen fools running around campus tomorrow night with night vision goggles on.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Gamertag is ErrorJustin - had the game since Thurs. if any GAFFERS want to hop into some TDM with me for pointers.

I'm not too hot at the game but I DO know the maps and some other tricks here and there.

If you send a friend request mention who you are.

Seiken said:
Uh, instead of caring about those 2 frames, why not get it on the console where you've got most MW2-friends?

Pathetic. "superior product"
True but all my stupid friends will be playing the version with the .81 less frames, so whenever I go over their houses I can laugh in their faces. So obviously I'm going to buy the superior version for this alone.

Top Bottom