• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
R2D4 said:
I just got my copy from Amazon. I'd say screw your local UPS center. Not Amazon.
No, they just shipped it now. I can show you their shitty "were so sorry" email.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
This game is too brutal online. It seems like I get 1 shot by anything with stopping power lol. I miss juggernaut :(

ZeroRay

SteveO409 said:
This game is too brutal online. It seems like I get 1 shot by anything with stopping power lol. I miss juggernaut :(

I got a 10 killstreak my first match online. :lol

Then I started sucking...

DMeisterJ said:
What's wrong with the PS3 trophies?

when i first loaded the game and installed page 1.01. it didn't install trophies. deleted the update and started the game again and the trophies showed. but if you install the patch it disables you from getting any trophies :lol.

Luckyman

Banned
SteveO409 said:

Well it´s day 1 so it´s mostly just hardcore people playing it now

Just got the game and it's great fun! I have no idea why but I really like the COD games specially 4 and this one. Just played a few hours of both SP and MP and I really like it!

A.R.K

just got my game delivered @ work from amazon .. 6 more hours to go

So far from GAF impressions, the SP is:

1. extremely linear
2. AI is not too smart
3. very very short SP
4. more of the same
5. No incentive to play it again if played once

And the media reviews did not deduct any points for these issues, when in the past they would be harsh on these exact same points for most other titles specially if they are not high profile games. Hyped up high profile titles get free pass and the double standards can be clearly seen and its sick!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
When I got my PS3 copy pre-street date the patch was out.

First thing I did was install the patch then play for the first time.
Trophies unlocked just fine for me.

ZeroRay

Class_A_Ninja said:
Wait, it is just the patch? You can delete it and decline the update when you start, can you not?

EDIT: someone answered this above.

It's a bug in the patch, I downloaded it and still got trophies. There's a chance you won't though.

GodofWine

Luckyman said:
Wow, the multi plays so much faster and hectic than MW1.

OK, good, its not just me getting old .... it is fast. (too fast? at least from a realism stance? and yes, I realize they pretty much said Ffffff realism at this point.)

A.R.K said:

1. extremely linear
2. AI is not too smart
3. very very short SP
4. more of the same

And the media reviews did not deduct any points for these issues, when in the past they would be harsh on these exact same points for most other titles specially if they are not high profile games. Hyped up high profile titles get free pass and the double standards can be clearly seen and its sick!
Yep you just summed up about 4500 posts in one. Oh and yes the multiplayer seems fucking awesome, except a few bugs and glitches but no much revolutionary there either.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Y2Kev said:
Went and bought a copy. Will return my other one. Seriously, screw amazon.

Have other people been having problems? I don't even have prime, I just picked the $4.95 shipping option that said it would get it here on release day. USPS had it here right on time.

I am playing the multiplayer for this quite a bit differently than COD4. I used to be all Automatic rifles and SMGs, now I am using sniper rifles and shotguns.

I like what they did with the secondary weapon options. Don't have to waste a perk slot to have a good backup weapon. Riots shields are awesome too. Host migration has already kept a few games out of the toilet so whoever got that working is my hero.

I'm gonna have to force myself to play the single player. :lol

vehn

So to get the trophies for ps3... i guess that best thing is to not download the patch and then beat the campaign and then dl the patch to play online?

RavenFox

Banned
A.R.K said:

1. extremely linear
2. AI is not too smart
3. very very short SP
4. more of the same

So true

IronFistedChampion said:
Yeah, one box says PS3 and the other says Xbox 360.
lol good one

A.R.K said:

I'm with you. It is sad. This is nothing but a rental to me, but I'm still excited to experience some of the cool setpiece moments in the SP.

TruHero

Banned
MrPliskin said:
You missed my point.

The only reason I would hate to see Activision and MS get in bed is because their pockets run very deep and it's a dangerous situation, I think, to gamers.

< snip >

Why again is it that every time someone talk about anything related to common industry practices, and cites some examples, they are immediately taken to the console wars battle field? Or is that just the nature of NeoGAF?

Seems to me like a classic case of Pot Calling The Kettle Black here.

Yes, let's all be fearful of the big corporations with deep pockets while also feeling sorry for Sony's "underdog" PS3.

RavenFox

Banned
TruHero said:
Seems to me like a classic case of Pot Calling The Kettle Black here.

Yes, let's all be fearful of the big corporations with deep pockets while also feeling sorry for Sony's "underdog" PS3.
Welcome to the past. Lets just stay on topic shall we.

TruHero

Banned
A.R.K said:

Maybe because more of awesome (CoD4's SP) is still awesome (MW2's SP)? I haven't finished the SP yet, but it's been fucking great so far.

Victrix

*beard*
They need to turn party chat back on pronto. We had annoying broken party shit all night, and dealing with it was annoying as hell. Half the time we wouldn't even notice we lost one party member/he was playing on the other team (??), necessitating a quit and reinvite, without the ability to talk about it immediately. So lame.

-PXG-

Meta tag is made. PM me your gamertags and I will add you to the friend's list.

Finally back in my dorm. I'm going to play for a bit and add more tags later.

Az

AranhaHunter said:
Same here.

EDIT: 268269 players online on PS3 version right now

Daaamn, it was 50000 yesterday and I was ranked somewhere below 1000. I am sure that I've dropped in rank since I am at work.

GodofWine

TheAzRim said:
Daaamn, it was 50000 yesterday and I was ranked somewhere below 1000. I am sure that I've dropped in rank since I am at work.

After 2 games I was ranked 559,658 on ps3 today....so yea...lots of people...most better than me :)

What was the reason why the PC version isn't "unlocked" until the 11th, or did someone post that answer already? Oh, Steam is confusing me. It says available 11/11 but then it says 1 day and 4 hours. That's the 12th. Are they being stupid, or me?

Barrett2

At least in the single player game, riot shields are pretty rad.

I was also shocked to see so many dudes getting the monocle cat helmet version today. A fool and his money....

Arhal_Katarn

Is it me or is your your squad ai fucking terrible? They never seem to kill anyone, and people complai about Halo 3's ai its far better then this. I just wanna hurry and finish the sp so i never have to touch it again. I am looking forward to getting into the multi though.

Sean

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Same here.

EDIT: 268269 players online on PS3 version right now

449,545 online right now on the 360 for comparison… game must have sold a shitload across all platforms.

Slackbladder said:
What was the reason why the PC version isn't "unlocked" until the 11th, or did someone post that answer already? Oh, Steam is confusing me. It says available 11/11 but then it says 1 day and 4 hours. That's the 12th. Are they being stupid, or me?

It's the new PC exclusive Fairness Feature™, where no one gets a head start in the rankings.

Eric WK

Sean said:
449,545 online right now on the 360 for comparison… game must have sold a shitload across all platforms.

And that doesn't count single player. I don't see a scenario in which this doesn't break GTA IV's day one record.

FrankT

Eric WK said:
And that doesn't count single player. I don't see how this doesn't break GTA IV's day one record.

Hey bro, I haven't even picked up my two copies yet today. :D

Of course it's going to break the day one records.

sparky2112 said:
The internet esplodes tonight. Bank.

Maybe not, but Live servers yes.

LowParry

Getting back into MP is pretty rough but I'm getting the hang of it. SP on Vet is hella frustrating though but damn, once you get past the small area's, it's like a breath of freah air. So far so good. That whole airport scene though, that was mad crazy. I'm still a bit confused as to what the hell is going on but the set pieces are way way fun. Too bad there wasn't anymore snowmobiling. Favorite part so far.

Why For?

Banned
I actually don't mind the SP.

The levels are a bit more enjoyable than in COD4. And Veteran isn't as unforgiving as 4 or WaW. WaW is a fucking joke on Veteran, by FAR the worst of entire series.

I can actually get through MW2 Veteran without TOO much frustration. I'm up to the Gulag. Is that near the end?

Online is actually a step back from 4 when you consider the lack of Region searches and the removal of party chat.

And because the game is still new, there are WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many fucking cheap camping fucks who lurk in the shadows waiting for someone to walk past. Fucking bullshit.

A.R.K said:

1. extremely linear
2. AI is not too smart
3. very very short SP
4. more of the same

The Boom Town review is the most critical I've read so far. They touch upon the things you mentioned. Gave it an 8.

http://xbox.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=18836 (minor spoilers, and they mention Uncharted 2 a lot which might annoy some people)

LowParry

Why For? said:
I actually don't mind the SP.

The levels are a bit more enjoyable than in COD4. And Veteran isn't as unforgiving as 4 or WaW. WaW is a fucking joke on Veteran, by FAR the worst of entire series.

I can actually get through MW2 Veteran without TOO much frustration. I'm up to the Gulag. Is that near the end?

Online is actually a step back from 4 when you consider the lack of Region searches and the removal of party chat.

And because the game is still new, there are WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many fucking cheap camping fucks who lurk in the shadows waiting for someone to walk past. Fucking bullshit.

Don't ruin my fun! :lol

Returners

DMPrince said:
when i first loaded the game and installed page 1.01. it didn't install trophies. deleted the update and started the game again and the trophies showed. but if you install the patch it disables you from getting any trophies :lol.

huh? I'm getting trophy notifications after I installed 1.01.

I can look at the trophy listing on my PS3. Though what I couldn't do was view it on playstation.com after I synced with the server.

A.R.K said:

1. extremely linear
2. AI is not too smart
3. very very short SP
4. more of the same

Reviews never criticize big hyped game with huge marketing.

Eric WK said:
And that doesn't count single player. I don't see a scenario in which this doesn't break GTA IV's day one record.

Not just break GTA IV's record, but this will be unbeatable for long time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Returners said:
huh? I'm getting trophy notifications after I installed 1.01.

I can look at the trophy listing on my PS3. Though what I couldn't do was view it on playstation.com after I synced with the server.
Yeah, it works fine for me. I've played up through the Favela and I've gotten several trophies.

Top Bottom