• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

MrPliskin said:
I doubt the majority of the population will notice a few frames (I think like 4 frames difference on average?).

Or are you just talking from a PC elitist POV?

What you believe the majority will notice or not notice is irrelevant when discussing the type of low level comparison he's talking about. And it has nothing to do with elitism, some people are just interested in how multiplatform games run to that degree. If it's above your head, or boring to you then just ignore it.

ok, i just played through the "offensive" part of the game and holy fucking shit man; that's....:lol that's....FUCK

I'm surprised that shit passed through with only a M rating. Haven't seen a scene with such realistic violence in a game in my entire life!

GQman2121

Banned
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but could they have cut anymore corners with the packaging? The booklet and inside of the case are bland as all hell.

I like the Campaign but it feels a bit 'meh' enemies spawning from all angles gets frustrating
Rio I'm looking at you

The set pieces are great
loved driving away on the snowmobile
but a lot of it seems like it could come from any of a good handful of games over the last couple of years.

I suppose the multiplayer is where it's meant to be at though.

One question

Why on the airport mission are you undercover instead of stopping it I don't quite get it

GQman2121 said:
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but could they have cut anymore corners with the packaging? The booklet and inside of the case are bland as all hell.

The manual is awesome, Im glad they have the always-useful "Notes" section in there so I can write down all my boss codes.....

GQman2121 said:

No kidding, I thought I bought a bootleg copy when I first opened it :lol

Demigod Mac

Goodness, this PC version installation is torturous. I guess Activision didn't take into account that there's around a 99% chance that anyone installing this game probably already has Steam installed (it tries to install Steam no matter what) - then that didn't work (for a moment it says installing Steam, then, nothing happens), so I had to use Steam's hidden install from disc feature using the command line, and now it's taking forever to copy files from the DVD. Feels like I'm downloading the game at this rate.

snack

ridley182 said:
So thinking about picking this up today...

Is waiting for the PC version worth it? Should I go PS3 or 360?

I would get it on the console that has the best controller for you, the graphics are near identical.

Jeff Albertson said:
Why on the airport mission are you undercover instead of stopping it I don't quite get it
Have to muscle through that to get intel for what his plans for possible nuclear war/other terrorist acts are. A few dead *non-American* bodies in an airport is worth saving an entire nation/possible World War to the General.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Animator said:
I am on favela. I will trust you and push forward but so far I am not liking it at all. :(
I've played every CoD since the first and I wasn't feeling it too much at the beginning either. After that the real action starts and the missions get a lot more intense and creative.

~Kinggi~ said:
20 dollars Modern Warfare 2 video games credit and 10$ Dragon Age credit.

30 off, + natural 55.99 discounted price + free release day shipping.

Ive saved a fuck ton of money with their games credit thing. Probably got 2 whole games for free by now.

Hmmm AC2 or L4D2...what to do...

edit: AC2 it is. $25.99.

JPB 1973

Neo Member
In reply to the above question, apparently the 1.01 patch disables all trophies, if you want the trophies, you have to delete the patch and play offline. A fix is in the works supposedly.

MrPliskin said:
I doubt the majority of the population will notice a few frames (I think like 4 frames difference on average?).

Modern Warfare is multimillion seller on both PS3 and 360, so yes, the majority of people don't notice or care.

SpudBud

Just beat the game, I loved it.

The Last twist was kinda meh. And Like others have said, what the hell happened to Russian invasion? And what the hell happened to Makarov?

Despite that, the game is great and it was nice to see the Rangers kick some ass.

Now on to mulitplayer.

MrPliskin said:

There's a 10-20% difference in high action scenes, I guarantee you a lot of people that care about a consistent framerate will notice that difference, whether you or I do is irrelevant. Its about clarity of information, that's all. When recommending PC parts and someone asks me which GPU is faster, I'll tell them if there's a 10-20% difference, and leave them to decide if they'd notice that or not. People should do the same here, present the data and facts then leave the individual to decide whether they give a shit or not, it doesn't matter if the majority don't notice any difference (and they won't, I guarantee that), some people will, so its best to let them decide, not make the decision for them.

Ok, this is weird.

Trying to find a game on Xbox Live and I'm getting absolutely nothing. It even says that there are 0 people online, which of course is not true.

Anyone know what to do about connection issues? I've never had any problem with any other games.

Proelite

SpudBud said:
Just beat the game, I loved it.

The Last twist was kinda meh. And Like others have said, what the hell happened to Russian invasion? And what the hell happened to Makarov?

Despite that, the game is great and it was nice to see the Rangers kick some ass.

Now on to mulitplayer.

The Russian Invasion is a suicide invasion, those soldiers are going to get taken out sooner or later without naval support. What I don't understand is how they airlifted attack helicopters into the United States.

Burger

NameGenerated said:
I just finished Favela on Hardened. Never again.

Tell me about it. And that arsehole is on the comms the whole time, "GO GO GO OR YOU'LL FUCKING LOOSE", so you try and pound forward but monster closets keep opening and wasting you.

I wish I could shout back "HEY FUCKFACE! I have literally 84 psychotic gunmen to kill before I can get to your position, so shut your fucking hole."

Taborcarn

So after work I walked into Best Buy with my pre-order receipt and went right to the customer service counter. And the associate there told me that they didn't have the copies behind the desk, that I needed to go grab a copy off the shelf and bring it back to her.

And the whole reason I planned to buy it at BB was because I had a gift card... which I forgot to use and ended up putting the whole thing on my credit card anyway.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
_Alkaline_ said:
Ok, this is weird.

Trying to find a game on Xbox Live and I'm getting absolutely nothing. It even says that there are 0 people online, which of course is not true.

Anyone know what to do about connection issues? I've never had any problem with any other games.
I used to have issues just like this with Gears 1/COD4. I believe it has something to do with your router; it's NAT settings, specifically.

DMeisterJ

Banned
brain_stew said:
There's a 10-20% difference in high action scenes, I guarantee you a lot of people that care about a consistent framerate will notice that difference, whether you or I do is irrelevant. Its about clarity of information, that's all.

sigh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
brain_stew said:
How could you possibly take issue with that statement?

I take issue with this one man crusade you have to keep on bringing up frame-rate drops because what's the fucking point? Play the fucking game and stop trying to drag the PS3 version through the mud. Ugh.

brain_stew said:
How could you possibly take issue with that statement?

Probably just another fanboy trying to damage control any negativity towards his beloved platform.

DMeisterJ said:
Play the fucking game and stop trying to drag the PS3 version through the mud. Ugh.

And we have confirmation.:lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Violater said:
Fuck this game, the fucking AI is as cheap as ever
if you're playing the Favela, take comfort in knowing it gets much better after that pos questionably designed level.

DMeisterJ

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Probably just another fanboy trying to damage control any negativity towards his beloved platform.

And we have confirmation.:lol

Umm, no... I do have a PS3 and I am a fan of it, but I really don't care if it runs worse on the platform or not. I've come to the conclusion that most (if not all) multi-plat games are going to run worse on the platform. I've also come to the conclusion that I really don't care either way, as long as it doesn't play like a slide-show. Yes, frames drop, but the experience is smooth and I'm having a ball playing the game. Please stop trying to turn this into something it's not. My problem is that he has been posting that over and over again in multiple threads for days now. I could not care less about some fucking frames...

Matter of fact, I think I'll go back to playing MW2, instead of talking about it. toodles :)

DMeisterJ said:
I take issue with this one man crusade you have to keep on bringing up frame-rate drops because what's the fucking point? Play the fucking game and stop trying to drag the PS3 version through the mud. Ugh.

I brought it up once, then replied when people took issue with my statement. Am I not allowed to defend my position? I'd have only made one post if people like yourself didn't constantly attack a perfectly reasonable and objective position to take. If the PS3 showed similar gains I'd still have the exact same position, its got nothing to do with any system warriors bullshit, its about people presenting data with clarity and without the PR spin attached, so that tohers can make their own decision.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
DMeisterJ said:

Isn't Brainstew pretty known for his antics, especially against the PS3?

Anyway... I personally can't believe the media is buying all the hype. It's a good game so far, but hardly original and not deserving of the astronomical scores its getting. Just my opinion, but it's all BS. Gameplay aside (which is good, but not OMG in my view), the graphics aren't all that great either (despite the 60fps).

This is just me, I'm glad for those that's enjoying it to the same level of the reviews. I just hope the reviews were objectively written rather than just buying into all the hype.

Top Bottom