• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

TheExodu5 said:
Best part is Steam Cloud. All your saves and settings should be saved on Steam's servers, which means uninstalling or formatting won't erase your progress.

I'm not 100% sure on what Steam Cloud support they have (whether it saves just MP, or SP saves as well as settings), but I'm assuming that's the case.

Damn its annoying to hear they got some parts so right, and yet totally messed up other (crucial) areas.

You run an Nvidia card, right? Tried setting the SSAO profile in nHancer to COD4 or (WaW) then enabling ambient occlusion through the control panel? It makes a great difference in COD4 would be nice to see if it works with MW2 and how it looks.

FrankT

Y2Kev said:
This game has multiple quotes from dick cheney in it. lol

And Rumsfield from what I understand.

Anyhow, I know there are at least 1.5 million overall on the multi leaderboards (360) so far based on my friends stats atm. How can you check to see the overall number easily and how many are on atm?

PS3 trophy and party invite fix on the way according to 402...

fourzerotwo: Thanks for the feedback from PS3 players we already have a patch in the wings for release. Trophy update asap. Party invite update by Friday

Roxas

party fix by friday? fucking picard.gif

The first modern warfare is still broken ffs! i dont have high expectations here

slunk2zero said:
PS3 trophy and party invite fix on the way according to 402...

fourzerotwo: Thanks for the feedback from PS3 players we already have a patch in the wings for release. Trophy update asap. Party invite update by Friday
They've been saying that since Saturday - that the patch is complete, blah blah...

I'm up the favela stage and I hope the rest of the game isn't like this stage. So far I've encountered just about every horrible COD mainstay that supposedly wasn't going to be in this game.

Smitty3000 said:
So if I delete the patch and re-d/l it I'll be able to get trophies?

Just set the clock on your PS3 ahead by a day. That seems to fix it. Then just fix the clock tomorrow.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I just walked into Future Shop, picked up the Hardened Edition instead of punishing Activision for their anti-PC stance by only picking up the regular edition.

<-- part of the problem

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Rez said:
face -> palm

I don't live on this forum, I just noticed his name quite a bit. Maybe it's just his behavior, not towards a platform. But the same goes towards you, I don't really see many constructive posts coming from your hands.

My apologies to Brainstew if I got it wrong.

Y2Kev said:

AND Dick Armey. And fucking Machiavelli. Gotta love that it has Rumsfeld sounding like a complete idiot, though. To IW's credit, though, there are plenty of quotes from those who would never associate themselves with the Bush Administration.

Valkyr Junkie said:
I'm up the favela stage and I hope the rest of the game isn't like this stage. So far I've encountered just about every horrible COD mainstay that supposedly wasn't going to be in this game.

Yeah, this stage reeks of the old COD formula. I keep popping fools and more fools keep popping up. I hear it gets much better after this, though.

Synless said:
You need to erase the patch that you got when you first started up the game then load it without the patch and it should be there. After that you can re-install the patch.

I did that, and the game is in my collection now, but I don't have any of the trophies for things I know I did, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT I see a patch is on the way. I hope it's retroactive...

MrPliskin

Banned
Infinity Ward is a group of fucking amateurs. Seriously. How you release your blockbuster with out completely functional online features is beyond me.

Maybe if they would take notes from nearly EVERY OTHER MAJOR SHOOTER ON THE MARKET they would have realized that a Beta would have solved these damn problems.

Jesus christ.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
AND Dick Armey. And fucking Machiavelli. Gotta love that it has Rumsfeld sounding like a complete idiot, though. To IW's credit, though, there are plenty of quotes from those who would never associate themselves with the Bush Administration.
No, it just goes to show that Rumsfeld and Cheney are more than monsters with no redeeming qualities like the hivemind likes to think.

Anyway, game is hard on hard mode.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I don't live on this forum, I just noticed his name quite a bit. Maybe it's just his behavior, not towards a platform. But the same goes towards you, I don't really see many constructive posts coming from your hands.

My apologies to Brainstew if I got it wrong.

who r u

Bought the game this morning and got starship troopers free with it. I do have some issues with it though:

The airport scene. I wasn't offended by it or anything but I'm a little bit disappointed how linear they made it. I played through it a few times just to see if anything different happened.

The first time I tried to kill the terrorists and got a mission failed saying "I shouldn't blow my cover or something along those lines". You'd think that it would be a better statement if they could let you try and be the good guy fail seeing as you're going to die anyway.

The second time I decided that I wasn't gonna shoot anyone, just let the dude's doing their killing. The problem is that after a while, they stop killing the cops. They just shoot but they don't kill any of them. I managed to sneak past the cops eventually and wait at the end of the level to see if my terrorist buddies would arrive and they actually did, but they saw me as a traitor and shot me dead just outside of the truck where they usually shoot. Seeing as this is ain't the linear way to get killed, they game just busted me back to a checkpoint.

The third, I said "fuck it" and joined in with my comrades.

To be honest, I think that IW just put that part in game in to build up some controversy around it. If they wanted to show something that made terrorism scary, they could of made the player a civilian running from the baddies. That would of been more striking in my opinion.

I don't like being forced to do bad things in games. I enjoy having the choice. I was having the argument with my friend today where he said "You kill people all of the time in gta", my only response was that you can buy gta and never actually a innocent person if you don't want to. My friend never understood that, hopefully gaf will.

The other issue I had with the game was the space cock-tease. It looked so beautiful and awesome, I wish they did something more with it than just turn your head a bit. At least show me the moon or something.

Still really enjoyed the game though and am loving the multiplayer. I just thought that I'd vent the things that bothered me a bit about the game and see if anyone on the gaf felt similarly.

Anyway, sorry for the big section of a blacked out rant. I probably could have been more concise with with what I wanted to say but there you go...

MrPliskin

Banned
Apocalyptatron said:
I did that, and the game is in my collection now, but I don't have any of the trophies for things I know I did, am I doing something wrong?

You'll have to start over

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
No, it just goes to show that Rumsfeld and Cheney are more than monsters with no redeeming qualities like the hivemind likes to think.

Anyway, game is hard on hard mode.

Hey, I'm not saying they're idiots, just that that one quote from Rummy is rather hilarious. Something along the lines of "We know where they are. They're in Baghdad, Tikrit, in the north, in the south. Yea, they're everywhere." C'mon, that's just hilarious.

Also: I'm fucking tired of hearing Keith David in every goddamn game. I know the guy's gotta eat, but jeez.

Apocalyptatron said:

Trophies are never retroactive, ever.

Like I mentioned above, set your clock to 11/11/09. Problem solved; you can now earn trophies.

Y2Kev said:
Does it have some classics like:
''I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." - July, 2005

“The Taliban is out of business, permanently.” - March, 2002.

If we’re successful in Iraq, if we can stand up a good representative government in Iraq, that secures the region so that it never again becomes a threat to its neighbors or to the United States, so it’s not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, so that it’s not a safe haven for terrorists, now we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11. - Sept, 2003.

Oh, that DICK.

JaseMath

I gave into the hype (wasn't planning on picking up 'till at least after Thanksgiving) and bought it on PS3 thinking I was in for more of the same...

...and holy fucking shit was I wrong. I've been on media blackout so I never had a clue about the whole
sketchy airport mission or the North America under siege story.
I said wow. :D

Biff

Valkyr Junkie said:
Just set the clock on your PS3 ahead by a day. That seems to fix it. Then just fix the clock tomorrow.
I don't know what's funnier: that it works, or that someone thought to try changing the clock :lol

And IW? C'mon guys. How did you let this happen?

Dev1: "Annnnnnd... Done! Patch 1.01 is in the books! Load it on the PSN, let's go home guys!"
Dev2: "Wait, shouldn't we just try out single player first? You know, to make sure the online patch doesn't ruin trophies or something?"
Dev1:
seriouscosby.jpg

Griffith

Banned
Why the fuck did they not include a regional search filter? I just spent 40 minutes looking for a game with a local host, and after joining and quitting about 20 different games, I gave up and turned the game off.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Trophies are never retroactive, ever.

Like I mentioned above, set your clock to 11/11/09. Problem solved; you can now earn trophies.
Actually, if he didn't get a Spec Ops trophy that he deserved, it'll register the next time you get a Star.

I had 8 Stars, didn't get the trophy, restarted, got another star, and bam... 8 Star Trophy (even though I now had 9). That's kinda retroactive, no? :lol

However, when it comes to the campaign... yeah, you're gonna have to do those over again.

Barrett2

Really enjoying the campaign so far, but I thought the
airport
scene wasn't nearly as interesting or thought provoking as it could have been. I agree with snoopeasystreet, I think its pretty lame that you get a generic
game over message if you shoot the terrorists in your group. I think a more authentic approach would be to create a unique ending to the level which accounts for you "actually" taking control of the situation by stopping the madness.
IMO, if you are going to take it upon yourself to tackle something as dark and intense as that, you need to do it with more thought. Seemed a bit lazy.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
lawblob said:
airport
scene wasn't nearly as interesting or thought provoking as it could have been. I agree with snoopeasystreet, I think its pretty lame that you get a generic
game over message if you shoot the terrorists in your group. I think a more authentic approach would be to create a unique ending to the level which accounts for you "actually" taking control of the situation by stopping the madness.
IMO, if you are going to take it upon yourself to tackle something as dark and intense as that, you need to do it with more thought. Seemed a bit lazy.
Then the game would've only lasted 1 hour? :)

TheExodu5 said:
I think I took a few screenshots. I'll spoiler them since they're from singleplayer. I'll upload them in a bit. Hopefully there's something good in there.
Thanks man

lawblob said:
airport

Yep, thats a better way to put it than I did in my post above. If you're going to do it, do it right.

MrPliskin said:
So if I want trophies, I have to have my clock set ahead one day for them to work?

Start the game.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH.

Get to the title screen.

NOW YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PATCH.

Finishing the first level should net you a trophy. If that doesn't happen then rinse and repeat.

ChefRamsay said:
I don't know what's funnier: that it works, or that someone thought to try changing the clock :lol

And IW? C'mon guys. How did you let this happen?

Dev1: "Annnnnnd... Done! Patch 1.01 is in the books! Load it on the PSN, let's go home guys!"
Dev2: "Wait, shouldn't we just try out single player first? You know, to make sure the online patch doesn't ruin trophies or something?"
Dev1:
seriouscosby.jpg

Wait. So the problem is that the patch has some logic built in that won't allow trophy unlocking to start until 11/11/09?

-PXG-

Meus Renaissance said:
Almost every single person online for me (20) are playing the game. I send out invites, party invites, messages to all of them yet none of them join - not even the ones in a lobby or the game menu. Fuck that shit. I see it often on Xbox Live. Why do people add each other then? Just to play one game and that's it? I'm cleaning out my Friends List later.

Anyone who is serious about trying to play together or have fun, add me.

Gamertag: Starfleets

I could hear you, but you couldn't hear me. Plus, the connection was spazzing out. Also, I'm not going to answer messages in a middle of a match.

MrPliskin

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Start the game.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH.

Get to the title screen.

NOW YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PATCH.

Finishing the first level should net you a trophy. If that doesn't happen then rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the pointers man.

Unfortunately, I've decided to simply not play it until IW get's their act together. They should be embarrassed.

remz

Jtyettis said:
And Rumsfield from what I understand.

Anyhow, I know there are at least 1.5 million overall on the multi leaderboards (360) so far based on my friends stats atm. How can you check to see the overall number easily and how many are on atm?
It's listed when you select a playlist, IIRC

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The quotes SUCK this year. No memorable ones and they repeat way too often.

Someone should also make a topic: PS3 COD6: Biggest Scam of the Year? :lol

Helmholtz

Played PC multiplayer for a bit...
have to say, all my worries are basically gone.
Matchmaking is super fast, arguably as fast as clicking on a dedicated server. It's almost instant, and seems very streamlined.
The game looks great too. Maybe not that much better than cod4, but still nice.
I haven't experienced much lag yet, and I usually get 4 solid green bars.
So far I might go as far as saying I like matchmaking better.
don't hurt me :(

BigAT

Is it just me or did they have the balls to do that mission but they're completely afraid to drop an F-bomb in game? I've done a decent amount of single player and I feel like there are already two spots in the campaign where they intentionally avoided a "fuck".

Top Bottom