• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

JB1981

So I got the game on PS3 and I'm pretty happy with the performance and IQ. What I have played of the SP (not very much) has ran just fine and so has the online play.

I'm also pleased with the invite system. The game allows you to invite a player directly from their profile, which is something I have not seen on any PS3 game to date. It's the best implementation I have come across and I am hoping it becomes the standard for all online PS3 games. There is literally a game invite button right on their profile .. very cool. The only problem seems to be that game invites aren't working right now :lol

Also, has COD always stressed iron sight sticky aiming this much? I don't remember the multiplayer in COD 4 being like this ....

Barrett2

chubigans said:
The quotes SUCK this year. No memorable ones and they repeat way too often.

Someone should also make a topic: PS3 COD6: Biggest Scam of the Year? :lol

Shit, the quotes go by so fast this year I can't even read half of them. I get through the first few words and they're gone. :lol

chubigans said:
The quotes SUCK this year. No memorable ones and they repeat way too often.

Someone should also make a topic: PS3 COD6: Biggest Scam of the Year? :lol
lol I don't know about scam but I do think it's pretty bullshit that the patch to fix this issue has supposedly been done since at least Saturday (one of the IW people said so). What's the hold up?
I expected to see it just before launch but nope...

...and there is one memorable quote, but only because I already knew it. The Rumsfeld "we know where they are" quote. :lol Fucking hysterical to see it in the game.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
lawblob said:
Shit, the quotes go by so fast this year I can't even read half of them. I get through the first few words and they're gone. :lol
Yep, despite dying like a hundred times in Favela I don't think I finished reading a single quote. Maybe because I have it installed so it loads real fast.

BigAT said:
Is it just me or did they have the balls to do that mission but they're completely afraid to drop an F-bomb in game? I've done a decent amount of single player and I feel like there are already two spots in the campaign where they intentionally avoided a "fuck".
Not to defend that but not hearing fuck is pleasant to my ears. For a swear word it doesn't sound good to me. I rather say jackass, bastard, asshole, dumbass, bitchass, and etc. I guess I'm an ass man when it comes to swearing.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
BigAT said:
Is it just me or did they have the balls to do that mission but they're completely afraid to drop an F-bomb in game? I've done a decent amount of single player and I feel like there are already two spots in the campaign where they intentionally avoided a "fuck".

There's at least one explicit F-bomb in the game.

snack

Friend Invite Fix:

If you receive friend invite do the following.
1. Sign out of PSN.
2. Sign back in.
3. Log into MW2 servers then accept invite.

Any PS3 users wanna play?
Add me. PSN: trueSAMURAI

The game was pretty cool. Beat it in two sittings and played two hours of multiplayer. Upgrading is as awesome as it always was. Tags and icons are awesome.

Ended up getting the 360 version after all since it was cheap and my PS3 copy didn't arrive today. I'm probably going to sell the latter. :D

Now I'm tired.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
h4k said:
Friend Invite Fix:

1. Sign out of PSN.
2. Sign back in.

Deleting and readding friend on PSN seems to work too. At least it just did for me.

Truespeed

bishoptl said:
I just walked into Future Shop, picked up the Hardened Edition instead of punishing Activision for their anti-PC stance by only picking up the regular edition.

<-- part of the problem

There's nothing wrong with supporting the 'consolization' of PC games.

I just got it, not even installing the patch until I really want to start playing MP. The single player thus far seems about the same as any other CoD, but then again I'm only on the first chapter :lol

Mikey Jr.

So can anyone comment yet about the killstreaks?

Specifically someone who saw videos of killstreaks online and thought that they were focusing on killstreaks rather than gunplay?

To me, it looked like people shooting down on your head was fucking cheap and looked aggravating as hell. I haven't played the game, so I'm basing it off of videos. Is is balanced or are you constantly being bombarded by predator missiles and machine gun fire?

gibration

h4k said:
Friend Invite Fix:

1. Sign out of PSN.
2. Sign back in.

I'll add you. Im also looking for some more gaffers to play with. PSN ID: gibration

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy shit, I just played my first ever CoD tutorial in MW2 and discovered quick aiming!!

I've completed CoD2 on Veteran and got all the way to the end in CoD3 and MW1 with Veteran... I wonder if it had been easier using the quick aim

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Half hour wait at Gamestop TODAY, 5pm for preorders. So much for convenience.

Meanwhile, Target next door, no wait, thousands of copies.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Chittagong said:
Holy shit, I just played my first ever CoD tutorial in MW2 and paid attention to quick aiming!!

I've completed CoD2 on Veteran and got all the way to the end in CoD3 and MW1 with Veteran... I wonder if it had been easier using the quick aim

Fixed for my exact same experience.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chittagong said:
Holy shit, I just played my first ever CoD tutorial in MW2 and discovered quick aiming!!

Wow...seriously?

Hazimov

Finished act 1. So far so good. :)

The user interface design is a major letdown. The game has one of the crappiest menus ever. Did they design them using Microsoft PowerPoint?!!

Calen

Revolutionary said:
lol I don't know about scam but I do think it's pretty bullshit that the patch to fix this issue has supposedly been done since at least Saturday (one of the IW people said so). What's the hold up?
I expected to see it just before launch but nope...

...and there is one memorable quote, but only because I already knew it. The Rumsfeld "we know where they are" quote. :lol Fucking hysterical to see it in the game.
The process for pushing a patch out is complicated and involves a lot of testing, even after we get it to Sony. The last thing we want to do is make things *worse*. It's very important to all of us to get these fixes to you guys as soon as it is possible for us to do so.

Geoff9920

Mikey Jr. said:

Specifically someone who saw videos of killstreaks online and thought that they were focusing on killstreaks rather than gunplay?

To me, it looked like people shooting down on your head was fucking cheap and looked aggravating as hell. I haven't played the game, so I'm basing it off of videos. Is is balanced or are you constantly being bombarded by predator missiles and machine gun fire?
With some teamwork its pretty easy to take down most of the more devastating killstreaks.

Dingobloo

Neo Member
Mikey Jr. said:

This was my worry, especially the AC-130 which you have to control. It just takes you out of the game for a long time to play death from above and you can rack up a huge streak using it.

Everdred

Helmholtz said:
Played PC multiplayer for a bit...
have to say, all my worries are basically gone.
Matchmaking is super fast, arguably as fast as clicking on a dedicated server. It's almost instant, and seems very streamlined.
The game looks great too. Maybe not that much better than cod4, but still nice.
I haven't experienced much lag yet, and I usually get 4 solid green bars.
So far I might go as far as saying I like matchmaking better.
don't hurt me :(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm absolutely loving the campaign this go around.

CoD4 campaign was kinda "meh" to me but MW2 has been balls to the wall AWESOME.

Some really good PC-PS3-360 comparison shots here:

http://translate.google.de/translat...leich/PC/Special/&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=

The PC version sees a major increase in texture resolution in some parts, nice to see. The PS3 and 360 are damn near identical as ever.

This shot doesn't look to spil anything and shows off the textures well, I'll spoiler tag if someone asks.

2m5jbxv.jpg

Tinypic reduced the size, so you're better off following the link for a proper comparison, suffice it to say the PC version is a pretty nice upgrade graphically, shame about the shadows though, they look like shit no matter what version you play. So, despite the multiplayer being nerfed, if you've got 8800 class GPU hardware, a 2ghz Core 2 and 2GB of RAM or better, PC is still the way to go.

Son of Godzilla said:
OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE
HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
EmCeeGramr said:
HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH
I love it when they use that as a sad line.

"Oh man, check that out. Hooah? :("
"Hooah. ;_; "

:lol

'was just driving passed Gamestop. Despite myself, I stopped and got the PS3 version. I really was into CoD4 multiplayer -- every night for 6 mos. straight -- was the most fantastic online experience outside of an MMO I've ever had.

Here's hoping MW2 lives up to the legacy.

D23

so i just beat Favela on veteran, and i almost loose it in the end.. pls tell me this is the hardest level in the game? i dont want to experience that frustration ever again.. i might as well start on hardened for ACT II

Son of Godzilla said:
OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE
Yeah does that mean "on me"? The confusing thing is they use it for friend and foe, i.e. as "follow me and stay close" as well as "they're shooting at me."

r3n4ud

ACE 1991 said:
I am absolutely terrible at this game, but was at least halfway decent and the first modern warfare.

You think you're terrible? I was so excited when I lined up someone from a distance. I wasted enough ammo on the bastard to kill him, but he didn't die. So I went to the spot where he was. I was shooting at a damn chicken :lol . Now, who's terrible at this game?!

Everdred

The guys at IW are definitely not against marijuana usage. Some of the maps feature marijuana fields and there is even a title in MP with pot leaves.

Top Bottom