• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
johnFkennedy said:
It sure as hell felt like it when I played MW2 last night, and it sure as hell is according to Den Kirson's blog.

It didn't feel like it when I played MW2 all last week to get ready for this game.

Den Kirson is probably a liar. Whoever he is.

IOnEI Falcon said:
So does anyone find shooting enemies unsatisfying? I don't quiet know how to put it but I feel like I am shooting an empty texture. This is for all CoD games I have felt like this. In comparison games I have the most satisfaction shooting people in is Perfect Dark followed by Halo and then most recently Rage. Does anyone know what I am talking about or is it just me?
I hear you brother. PD still has the best hit detection I've ever seen in a game, and it's 12 fucking years old!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Getting my ass kicked on Veteran.
The part where you have to use mortars to take out the from the tower. Its Africa i believe, can't even remember the name and i played it a few hours ago. Totally forgettable game.
Edit: Its called back on the grid.
It's also a pain in the arse that my the checkpoint before that part has an explosion go off in your face which kills you if you don't run backwards as soon as you can. And there are guys shooting at you from a tower too.

Any Tips?

Kyoufu

What bugs me the most is that on your own screen, you see 2 bullets hit and kill you, but on the kill cam the guy shoots a lot more than that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kyoufu said:
What bugs me the most is that on your own screen, you see 2 bullets hit and kill you, but on the kill cam the guy shoots a lot more than that.

At least you are seeing bullets. Half the time I just fall down dead as the guys gun fires.

soultron

Banned
Jangocube said:
So the Blind Eye perk always you to remain hidden from UAV's as well correct? What about the advanced UAV?
I'm pretty sure Assassin is the perk you're looking for. Assassin Pro hides you from AUAVs, IIRC.

NinjaFridge said:
Getting my ass kicked on Veteran.
The part where you have to use mortars to take out the from the tower. Its Africa i believe, can't even remember the name and i played it a few hours ago. Totally forgettable game.
Edit: Its called back on the grid.
It's also a pain in the arse that my the checkpoint before that part has an explosion go off in your face which kills you if you don't run backwards as soon as you can. And there are guys shooting at you from a tower too.

Any Tips?

Kill the guys in the building shooting at you before getting on the mortar, makes it easier

knitoe

soultron said:
I'm pretty sure Assassin is the perk you're looking for. Assassin Pro hides you from AUAVs, IIRC.
Need to get assassin and pro version asap. UAV nonstop. Seems like, I am the only one trying to shoot them down. People don't seem to know shooting them down add to your killstreak.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one that thinks the health in multiplayer is fine? Yeah you die faster than you did in previous CODs, but it does a couple things that I like:

1) It makes movement and positioning more important, which adds a strategic layer (albeit a small one) to the usual run-and-gun gameplay

2) It prevents people from consistently getting super high killstreaks. Obviously there will be people who are really good and can rack up killstreaks consistently, but the majority of players won't be that good and will probably stick with the Support strike package

Anyway I'm enjoying the game. It's nowhere near as good as COD4 (let's face it, nothing is), but it's a damn sight more enjoyable than MW2 (and I got sick of MW2 within a few weeks of it coming out). Do I like it more than Black Ops? Tough to say, I actually really enjoyed that game and played the hell out of it. Only time will tell, although so far I will say I prefer Treyarch's level design over Infinity Ward's (and never in a million years did I think I would ever say that).

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Shorty11857 said:
Kill the guys in the building shooting at you before getting on the mortar, makes it easier

That's what im doing. But then the other two come along and i get my ass kicked. I'll just try again tomorrow and hope something clicks for me.

soultron

Banned
knitoe said:
Need to get assassin and pro version asap. UAV nonstop. Seems like, I am the only one trying to shoot them down. People don't seem to know shooting them down add to your killstreak.
I didn't even know that. Thanks for the heads up!

Kusagari

Man the maps in this game suck ass. They're not even memorable looking. I'm having trouble remembering them because they look so generic.

Trexid

Neo Member
Kermit The Dog said:
Is COD Elite working now?

Its kind of spotty. I was able to login once today on the site but never get into the 'Elite' page. I did link my Xbox live account through the elite site though.

- Just downloaded the 'Call of Duty: Elite' Application on my Xbox and was able to 'Link' my Xbox live account and CoD:Elite account there after retrying about 5 times and a lot of waiting.
- Its taking ages to login.
- Just got a message that says 'Upgrade Completed' instantly followed by 'Request Error' There was an error communicating with the Call of Duty ELITE service. Returning to the Start Screen.

So I guess just keep trying, you'll get a little further each time.

ultron87

Apparently it is Internet Amateur Hour over at COD Elite HQ. I forgot my password and they just emailed me my actual password in plain text.
Thankfully it isn't one I use for much stuff so I don't have to be super paranoid and change everything.

Desaan

Twitch game, P2P hosting is too fucking LOL for this day and age. Why oh why can't they get their fucking fat hands in their wallets and buy us some dam servers!! If EA can do it for console Activi$ion have no excuse. Had 3 games in a row where the host buggered off and it failed to designate a new one, that's so 1996.

soultron

Banned
JetBlackPanda said:
I prestiged in COD4, MW2, Black Ops, and World at War and I only have 2 tokens as well.
Have you ever switched HDDs? I've been using my 20GB launch HDD since the beginning and got all 4 of my prestige tokens from COD4/WAW/MW2/BLOPS.

Ohhhhhhhhhh you have less health, no wonder I have died so quick sometimes, makes sense now.

Haha I agree with the killcam showing a guy shooting a lot of bullets but in real time he shoots one or two, makes me scratch my head

TacticalFox88 said:
So much bitching in this thread that I'm convinced that you all will still complain next gen.

make no mistake I like the game a lot I just feel like they need to fix the health or damage.

standard TDM feels like hardcore.

Desaan

TacticalFox88 said:
So much bitching in this thread that I'm convinced that you all will still complain next gen.

Criticism is valid, as is the praise. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, except when it's covered in dog shit.

soultron

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
If the formula hasn't changed by then, I'll be the first to complain. This game is great for now, however.

Kyoufu

JetBlackPanda said:
make no mistake I like the game a lot I just feel like they need to fix the health or damage.

standard TDM feels like hardcore.

I agree. I like this game a lot. It is very fun, but the health needs to be raised or the gun damage needs to be toned down.

Its almost as if IW is telling me to camp instead of run and gun.

Mengetsu

TacticalFox88 said:

Wow..I just walked back in here after playing all day and i see almost everyone hating the game...*sigh* I think this is gonna be my last gen of games...I can't take the fanboys and ect anymore. I miss 90's-2000's in gaming. After 2006 it all changed so bad.

Kyoufu

Matts Legacy said:
Wow..I just walked back in here after playing all day and i see almost everyone hating the game...*sigh* I think this is gonna be my last gen of games...I can't take the fanboys and ect anymore. I miss 90's-2000's in gaming. After 2006 it all changed so bad.

Just ignore the BF3 trolls. The rest of us like the game a lot, but still have some complaints here and there :p

Matts Legacy said:

Maybe just avoid the internet when it comes to games.

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm really liking the multiplayer, considering I play Hardcore only...I'm actually happy with the increased damage for the regular mode. I might play more of the reg match types now.

The guns feel great, the maps are a bit confusing but I'm sure I will get used to them over time. The gunplay is super tight, much more so than MW1/2.

I likes :)

rekameohs

Banned
Matts Legacy said:
Don't let other people's opinions bring you down! It's all about what you think

I'm waiting until I finish the SP before jumping into multiplayer, but I'd like to get some questions answered while I wait.

1. What's the best way to take down a Juggernaut in MP? Any tricks been discovered yet? I can see them annoying me until I discover the proper way to dispose of them.

2. Same question, but this time regarding the Assault Drone. Any tips?

3. Is the Stinger in this game? If not, what's the MP equivalent?

Thanks, dudes.

Home

Playing some S&D on PC. Lvl 67 joins the game on the other team, proceeds to hack like hell (even his own team was calling him on it). That didn't take long at all.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Matts Legacy said:

How about just avoid the internet? Or are you constantly surrounded by fanboys? Are they camping outside your house using your wifi to post on GAF?

Came in expecting not so great things, and came away pleasantly surprised by the MP. The ballistic vests really help out a lot. Also, i'm glad you can get killed so quickly. It prevents high killstreaks (unless you are a beast).

Top Bottom