• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

The Spas is this game doesn't feel as good as MW2. That and the raffica were my favourite weapons in MW2, and the raffica is gone so I'm a bit sad.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
-Pyromaniac- said:
killcams always lag though, that's not a netcode problem. It's similar to theatre mode lag. It's not what happened 1 to 1 a lot of the time.

I don't buy that at all. What I see on the kill cam generally makes way more sense than what I saw playing it live.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
henhowc said:
Sounds like the same Makarov to me...

Yeah but Makarov sounds like shit. He doesn't sound Russian at all. Or at least he doesn't sound like you expect a Russian to sound like due to Russian accents in movies.

ShaunBRS

Is the white speck in the sky on Fallen supposed to be the Sun?

fsun22u14.png

Fantasmo

kayos90 said:
I feel like the Spas here is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the one from MW2.
You're right it isn't. It's still better than all the Black Ops shotguns though. You probably shouldn't ask my opinion though, I'm in the minority, I loved MW2 with a passion and loved shotguns as secondaries.

Raide

BannedEpisode said:
Its all about flair.

But seriously, its one of the most satisfying feelings in multiplayer gaming.

I loved that in GoldenEye. The death scene was so long, you had plenty of time to empty a full clip into someone.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just played the first mission on casual and one spec ops mission on Xbox. It was a lot of fun, more of the same Modern Warfare you've grown to love.

Looking forward to playing through the game. I like how you can actually search for Spec Ops partners this time. The last FPS game that I played was MW2, and this game already seems to scratch the itch for me.

Noirulus

Err, this has probably been asked many times already but,

Is this game worth getting? I loved MW1 so, so much and MW2 was good while I didn't like black ops. I haven't played an FPS in a while, how good is MW3 compared to the other recent CoDs?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
junkster said:
You're right it isn't. It's still better than all the Black Ops shotguns though. You probably shouldn't ask my opinion though, I'm in the minority, I loved MW2 with a passion and loved shotguns as secondaries.
Spas with Grip in MW3 is nowhere near as good as Spas without Grip in MW2. I'll have to see how that changes with the range upgrade.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
why do people drop money when they die? always wanted to know that

junkster said:

LOL, no.

In black-ops, I could easily get jumpshots on opponents, could aim down the sights to tighten the pellet spread, and could get 1-2 hit kills within at least 20 feet.

I just tried the shotguns in this game and I am finding that I'm not even guaranteed a kill if I hit them within 5-10 feet.

Seriously, i can't believe I am saying this, but shotguns are worse in MW3 than they were in Black Ops. Anyone saying otherwise didn't know how to use shotguns in Black Ops.

EDIT: I'm also finding that a lot of things I SHOULD be able to climb over are not climbable.

MDavis360 said:
I prestiged in COD4, MW2 and Black Ops but I only have 2 Prestige Tokens...

This happened to me as well. I prestiged in MW2 and BLOPS back in the day but only prestiged in COD4 this weekend for the first time. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Either way, it's a bummer to only have 2 tokens instead of 3. PS3 versions, btw, in case that helps.

Fantasmo

kayos90 said:
Spas with Grip in MW3 is nowhere near as good as Spas without Grip in MW2. I'll have to see how that changes with the range upgrade.
True but I love that it's a one shot kill still usually.

Skenzin

Banned
Noirulus said:
Err, this has probably been asked many times already but,

Is this game worth getting? I loved MW1 so, so much and MW2 was good while I didn't like black ops. I haven't played an FPS in a while, how good is MW3 compared to the other recent CoDs?

The MP doesn't have the same magic feeling I got the first time I played MW1; MW2; BOPS; or hell even WAW for that matter.

To me the mp feels extremely cramped. The maps dont feel like real locations. I miss those spacy mw1 maps.

kayos90

TestOfTide said:
LOL, no.

In black-ops, I could easily get jumpshots on opponents, could aim down the sights to tighten the pellet spread, and could get 1-2 hit kills within at least 20 feet.

I just tried tried the shotguns in this game and I am finding that I'm not even guaranteed a kill if I hit them within 5-10 feet.

Seriously, i can't believe I am saying this, but shotguns are worse in MW3 than they were in Black Ops.
I haven't even played BlOps but I'm inclined to agree with this. Shotguns are so bad in this game even with ironsight.

kuYuri

This freezing for a few seconds in multiplayer in the lobby is really freaking annoying. Seems it affects some people (like me), but doesn't affect others.

Fantasmo

TestOfTide said:
LOL, no.

I just tried the shotguns in this game and I am finding that I'm not even guaranteed a kill if I hit them within 5-10 feet.

Seriously, i can't believe I am saying this, but shotguns are worse in MW3 than they were in Black Ops.
We obviously didn't play the same game. I'm getting easy kills. I didn't in black ops.

Noirulus

Skenzin said:
The MP doesn't have the same magic feeling I got the first time I played MW1; MW2; BOPS; or hell even WAW for that matter.

To me the mp feels extremely cramped. The maps dont feel like real locations. I miss those spacy mw1 maps.

:( Damn. To this day I think MW1 had the best FPS maps ever, there wasn't a single map I hated in that game. *sigh*

Finally finished the campaign. Wow. What a ride. However, I do have to say that
The War ending almost as quickly as it begun is beyond stupid. I know it's a video game, but the Russians invaded several countries and "lolpeacetalks" from the guy who ORDERED the fucking invasion in the first place. Um...what?

junkster said:
We obviously didn't play the same game. I'm getting easy kills. I didn't in black ops.

I'm literally getting non-kill hitmarker after non-kill hitmarker in MW3.

If you didn't get kills easily with the olympia, spas-12, or stakeout in black-ops, then I can safely say you simply didn't know how to use them. Remember, black-ops is the game where there is an actual benefit to aiming down the sights with the shotguns and where you can use lightweight pro and sprint-jump-aim for easy descent jump shots.

Strider2K99 said:
This freezing for a few seconds in multiplayer in the lobby is really freaking annoying. Seems it affects some people (like me), but doesn't affect others.

Tell me about it. Hopefully it's fixed soon. It's incredibly aggravating.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
you guys installed the game on the 360? any improvements?

Mengetsu

NinjaFridge said:
How about just avoid the internet? Or are you constantly surrounded by fanboys? Are they camping outside your house using your wifi to post on GAF?

Lol nah iv actually been accused of being one because I have a 360 and don't have a PS3 so yea..it's really tiresome. Just enjoy games for what they are and have fun with it. And don't worry I ain't letting anyone on the internet and ect bother me im enjoying the game. Worth the 100.00

This is by far the smoothest shooter I've ever played on console (360). Framerate shits all over Blops. Hit detection and netcode do too. I'm loving this game.

Fantasmo

TestOfTide said:
I'm literally getting non-kill hitmarker after non-kill hitmarker in MW3.

If you didn't get kills easily with the olympia, spas-12, or stakeout in black-ops, then I can safely say you simply didn't know how to use them.
That's what happened with me in Black Ops. I say even more safely than you, the reverse. That you simply don't know how to use the Spas in MW3. Because this is easy, and that was an exercise in futility and worthlessness. I'm getting really sick of the Black Ops lies on this board. Care to keep going back and forth with me for the next year or so? I expect you will.

Dresden said:
I doubt any shotgun in MW3 will rival the silenced spas-12 from BLOPS.

Or the olympia in 1 person engagements and stakeout in 1-3 person engagements.

junkster said:
That's what happened with me in Black Ops. I say even more safely than you, the reverse. That you simply don't know how to use the Spas in MW3. Because this is easy, and that was an exercise in futility and worthlessness. I'm getting really sick of the Black Ops lies on this board. Care to keep going back and forth with me for the next year or so? I expect you will.

Olympia is shown on my CoD Playercard as my most used weapon, at over 15,000 kills and the stakeout at second most used weapon, with half as many kills, with my K/D being at 1.25 so don't tell me I don't know how to use shotty.

kuYuri

Matts Legacy said:
Lol nah iv actually been accused of being one because I have a 360 and don't have a PS3 so yea..it's really tiresome. Just enjoy games for what they are and have fun with it. And don't worry I ain't letting anyone on the internet and ect bother me im enjoying the game. Worth the 100.00

I saw you join my game earlier today, lol. I messaged you afterwards, but didn't hear back.

hamchan

TacticalFox88 said:
Finally finished the campaign. Wow. What a ride. However, I do have to say that
The War ending almost as quickly as it begun is beyond stupid. I know it's a video game, but the Russians invaded several countries and "lolpeacetalks" from the guy who ORDERED the fucking invasion in the first place. Um...what?

Better that than blowing each other up into oblivion I guess. Yes, it was super dumb that the Russian President wanted peace after sending his entire army over to America because of a misunderstanding. Also how satisfying was it for Price to finally kill Makarov and then just spoke that cigar.

kayos90

junkster said:
Honestly, more people are having problems with the shotguns in this game than BlOps so I doubt that it's us.

Dresden

kayos90 said:
Was it as good as the Grip, hip-fire, spas? That was beast. I never played BlOps.

TestOfTide said:
Or the olympia in 1 person engagements and stakeout in 1-3 person engagements.
I think the silenced spas trumps them all. In power the spas-12 from MW2 is better but in BLOPS the spas was semi-automatic, with very fast shots, great hipfire and decent range. And of course, radar-silent.

A lot of the shotguns in BLOPS were junk but the Spas-12 with the silencer was like, so good.

eek5

Jack Scofield said:
Tell me about it. Hopefully it's fixed soon. It's incredibly aggravating.
I'm getting it too. Happens whenever my box communicates with the servers (after games, entering matchmaking etc) It's the most unpolished part of the game I've noticed.

Dresden said:
I think the silenced spas trumps them all. In power the spas-12 from MW2 is better but in BLOPS the spas was semi-automatic, with very fast shots, great hipfire and decent range. And of course, radar-silent.

A lot of the shotguns in BLOPS were junk but the Spas-12 with the silencer was like, so good.

I'm guessing ou didn't trying using the stakeout or olympia with ADS.

TestOfTide said:
LOL, no.

Seriously, i can't believe I am saying this, but shotguns are worse in MW3 than they were in Black Ops. Anyone saying otherwise didn't know how to use shotguns in Black Ops.

EDIT: I'm also finding that a lot of things I SHOULD be able to climb over are not climbable.

Noticed the not climbable thing, loads of tactical peep holes are out of reach and its really annoying.

Top Bottom