• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Zimbardo

Im_Special said:
Hows its running on PC? I would check the steam forums but there still down. I'm thinking of jumping in again, haven't played a CoD since CoD4 is this the best one yet? I remember back when Black Ops was released it was plagued with terrible performance issues like stuttering, so I waited for that stuff to get ironed first but ultimately just lost all my hype for it and never got it.

runs perfect on the pc.

i haven't experienced any issues in single player or online yet.

DRE Fei

All the guns kill really fast. This isn't anything new dudes. It really is MW2.5 as far as the weapons go. The main thing that's different is that the SMGs are really weak outside of medium/close range. The UMP was nerfed, but the P90 is still pretty good.

The sniper rifles definitely got a bit of a boost also. I've been using the Barrett and it's amazing. It was the best in MW2 and I think it will rule once again. The MSR is pretty sweet as well. The Deagle still sucks, but I love it.

Also, UNLOCK GEAR is the best thing about this game!

Dat_ass.jpg

dwebo

:lol died near the tank in eye of the storm, get sent all the way back to the beginning of the level. nice

enjoying the campaign otherwise

DarkFlow

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
I don't know about gorgeous but good god the netcode on Ps3 is so much better than black ops netcode.
Your kidding right? The netcode sucks, I'll watch the kill cam and they guy is shooting at me long before it shows on my screen.

I like the campaign so far, played a little bit of multiplayer and while it does feel like MW2 2.0 it is still enjoyable for me. Maps are pretty good and the gunplay is good as always.

ZZMitch

I am really enjoying the maps so far, can't really think of one I dislike at the moment.

I especially like the French one.

Overall I am enjoying this much more than Blops, it is most definitely my favorite CoD since Modern Warfare.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Deadbeat said:
In unranked dedicated servers is everything unlocked? I mean pro perks, all weapon perks and attachments, etc.

Depends on the server. Also this game is still freaking fun and even with the p2p BS i'm enjoying the PC version.

DarkFlow83 said:
Your kidding right? The netcode sucks, I'll watch the kill cam and they guy is shooting at me long before it shows on my screen.
killcams always lag though, that's not a netcode problem. It's similar to theatre mode lag. It's not what happened 1 to 1 a lot of the time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
-Pyromaniac- said:
killcams always lag though, that's not a netcode problem. It's similar to theatre mode lag. It's not what happened 1 to 1 a lot of the time.
Yeah, the killcam stuff people are complaining about is nothing new. Honestly, try not to pay attention to it... it's usually inaccurate.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who thinks that Makarov has the worst Russian accent ever? Sounds like a British guy doing an impression of an American guy pretending to be Russian. Whatever happened to the voice actor from MW2?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Deadbeat said:
So there are servers where you can play with everything without having to unlock it? Because to me thats all that really matters. Fuck stats if its p2p.

Yep, just depends the admins and whatever settings they have set up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
vatstep said:
Yeah, the killcam stuff people are complaining about is nothing new. Honestly, try not to pay attention to it... it's usually inaccurate.

Kinda defeats the purpose though. Id rather have no killcam at all then have fantasy cam.

hamchan said:
Multiplayer definitely feels like a mix of CoD4 and MW2 so far. I'm enjoying it.
I would say it feels more like BO + MW2 than MW1. I played a little bit of MW1 last night for the first time in years and it felt TOTALLY different than anything since MW2. For one thing, all of the movements speeds are WAY faster. For another, the spawns are way stingier. They don't shift around as easily as in MW2/3 where people just seem to spawn wherever the fuck they want. That's part of why you always feel like you're getting shot in the back in MW2/3: the spawns are fucking RETARDED. CoD4 spawns were easy to camp if the teams got imbalanced and it became possible on PC to get about 10 kills with 1 airstrike because a team would get entrapped, but on the whole, it made for better gameplay.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
eek5 said:
This game is really growing on me. Some of the maps aren't as bad as I initially thought either.
I disagree. I played on almost all of the maps and there are only a handful that I actually like.

Gotta say, they did not phone in the campaign. Might be the series best. I'd have to replay the original Modern Warfare's to be sure, though.

And god damn is it pretty on PC.

-Pyromaniac- said:

Except it often is true, you know you get killed after you took a corner in past CoD games, the kill cams just confirm the shittyness of p2p. On dedicated servers you don't see these kill cam issues, everything plays out smooth.

Anyone else having issues with the menu "lagging" in MP? After selecting Xbox Live, the game seems to hitch for a few seconds, almost as if it's frozen. It eventually starts working again, but it's a far cry from the super-smooth menu of MW2.

DarkFlow83 said:

Same for me on PC. Was fine earlier, but just hopped on and it was really fubar'd. I am sure it has to do with the amount of people plating online right now.

For those wondering about performance, I noticed some random slowdown on the third level of SP. Overall it runs pretty smoothly though. Running on an M17xR2 w/285mSLI.

After playing Rage for the past month, the graphics in this are pretty Meh, but that was pretty much expected.

Happy with the purchase so far, like others have said this is the Madden of shooters, which is fine by me.

DarkFlow

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
Not this bad, but I'm not stressing really. I expect most online games to be messed up at launch.

soloscout

Neo Member
ilnadmy said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Makarov has the worst Russian accent ever? Sounds like a British guy doing an impression of an American guy pretending to be Russian. Whatever happened to the voice actor from MW2?
It's bad, like way bad

Jack Scofield said:
Anyone else having issues with the menu "lagging" in MP? After selecting Xbox Live, the game seems to hitch for a few seconds, almost as if it's frozen. It eventually starts working again, but it's a far cry from the super-smooth menu of MW2.
No, but I was having this hilarious bug where I couldn't throw my care package marker grenade. And then sometimes, I would throw it, and the nade would be a dud--it wouldn't consume the killstreak, but it wouldn't call in a care package either. Really weird.

I could forgive the crazy weapon damage, I could actually forgive everything in this game, but I can't get around the shit maps.

Is the game not balanced for Team DM or something? Why is EVERY map a corridor-y killbox? I feel like I'm playing Rust 24/7, but with more hallways.

The only map that seems decent is the jungle-y map with the shantytown and waterfall cave.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
ilnadmy said:

No. Its sounds pretty bad, like Sam Worthington Black Ops bad.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Elite is all sort of screwed up right now. Logged in to the website and it shows that someone else's gamertag is linked to my account. LOL

Interficium said:
I could forgive the crazy weapon damage, I could actually forgive everything in this game, but I can't get around the shit maps.

Is the game not balanced for Team DM or something? Why is EVERY map a corridor-y killbox? I feel like I'm playing Rust 24/7, but with more hallways.

The only map that seems decent is the jungle-y map with the shantytown and waterfall cave.
Seatown is the only map that I really fucking hate so far, particularly in domination. It's got one of those B points where there are about 16 billion different places that you can be shot from, and I really hate those maps.

But in general, I agree that the maps feel clusterfucky and small.

krameriffic said:
No, but I was having this hilarious bug where I couldn't throw my care package marker grenade. And then sometimes, I would throw it, and the nade would be a dud--it wouldn't consume the killstreak, but it wouldn't call in a care package either. Really weird.

Hmm...maybe my problem was an issue with the servers at the time. I'll try again tomorrow. Better not be an issue with my 360 or game. It's goddamn annoying.

eek5

kayos90 said:
I disagree. I played on almost all of the maps and there are only a handful that I actually like.
I don't know. I got my ninja+silencer and now I can actually flank again. Feels good to come up behind people. I'm liking the range weapon perk too. I'm guessing range+silencer is close to regular damage cutoff.. at least it feels close to that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Jack Scofield said:
Hmm...maybe my problem was an issue with the servers at the time. I'll try again tomorrow. Better not be an issue with my 360 or game. It's goddamn annoying.
Someone else posted earlier that they were having the same issue. I'd be willing to bet it has to do with the servers being hammered.

Fantasmo

Interficium said:

They're really bad. I'd hate to be a sniper on these maps. Shotguns, SPAS anyway, fares a little better. It's also really hard to level up quickly on these maps. I can't play Search & Destroy properly without decent upgrades and I have nothing good yet. Blah. So far I like the gameplay though.

This is very important.

Can you still dual wield magnums?

I need to be able to sneak up behind people and empty an entire 12 rounds into someones back for me to enjoy this game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
junkster said:
They're really bad. I'd hate to be a sniper on these maps. Shotguns, SPAS anyway, fares a little better. It's also really hard to level up quickly on these maps. I can't play Search & Destroy properly without decent upgrades and I have nothing good yet. Blah. So far I like the gameplay though.
I feel like the Spas here is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the one from MW2.

Raide

BannedEpisode said:
This is very important.

Can you still dual wield magnums?

I need to be able to sneak up behind people and empty an entire 12 rounds into someones back for me to enjoy this game.

1 Bullet would kill them, the other 11 would be for decoration.

Top Bottom