• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Respawn

Banned
Noriega said:
Looks like my only chance at getting the Hardened edition is to get there early at walmart for the midnight release.

Is 10:30 good guys? Need help GAF
lol dude you better get there at 7 the latest.

MDavis360 said:
I'm pretty sure that's what Respawn is working on.
;)

kuYuri

dmg04 said:
^^^ This is what confuses me.

If i have the prestige shop unlocked day 1 and a token to use, i don't want to have to unlock a weapon via leveling to be able to use the token.

Being able to use a high level weapon from day one seems kinda broken and very unlike IW. I thought unlock gear was meant to be unlock the gear for your next prestige, not current prestige.

Don't forget that Unlock Gear isn't just for guns, it's also for perks and equipment. Are they really going to let us unlock high level perks and equipment from day one? That would be really messed up for the players who never prestiged or are only getting MW3 for first time.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Strider2K99 said:
Being able to use a high level weapon from day one seems kinda broken and very unlike IW. I thought unlock gear was meant to be unlock the gear for your next prestige, not current prestige.
But what's wrong with that when they've explained that weapons are more for different play styles rather than being 'better' as you unlock them?

As for perks, i get what you mean. But at the same time, who cares? In three days people will be at level 80 when others are getting the game for the first time....

Veritas_

So what's the over/under on how long the community stays alive for PC? I loved MW2 on PC, but the player base died out fast and the DLC split those remaining. Console isn't an option since I sold my PS3 back in the Spring.

I'd love to get hyped, but I'm thinking long term and it's keeping my hype train from pulling out of the station.

:(

Veritas_ said:
So what's the over/under on how long the community stays alive for PC? I loved MW2 on PC, but the player base died out fast and the DLC split those remaining. Console isn't an option since I sold my PS3 back in the Spring.

I'd love to get hyped, but I'm thinking long term and it's keeping my hype train from pulling out of the station.

Man the way it sounds there is zero benefit to getting this game on the PC with the way everything is setup. I'm also like you scared that the community will die off quickly and the way you can't play ranked games unless you go into matchmaking (i.e., one of the main, if not the main thing that killed MW2 on PC) is not helping it's staying power. I'm just going to get the game on PS3 where I know it is going to have a lively community and fully be supported.

dmg04 said:
Complicated due to the fact that i haven't seen any official word and all i'm seeing it what you guys are saying.

1 says earn, other says unlock. I'll just wait till day 1.

Fingers crossed i can grab the AK right off the bat.

AK's crap anyway :p

ACR all the way! (with claymores, I have 2 tokens in the bag, just need to get the other 2 done)

Victrix

*beard*
kyo_daikun said:
AK's crap anyway :p

You shut your damn mouth, it spews vile poison!

But yeah... Stinger annnnd... I'm not sure what. I suppose I could do a full run and then decide what to unlock as an extra. First two are extra class for a dedicated anti-air with the Stinger, but the third is up in the air.

Xamdou

Full Metal Jacket said:
I grow weary of having to pay for XBL just to play online.

It get's weary when you get a massive discount on it as well as when a high profile MP game is released!

the more i see about this game the less i want it. kill confirmed? ugh... i was hoping they would stear away from the arcady feel of the game and bring it back to how it was but it seems to be even more arcady then ever. This might be the first COD i do not buy. The lack of hype makes me think others feel the same way I do.

KingOfKong said:
the more i see about this game the less i want it. kill confirmed? ugh... i was hoping they would stear away from the arcady feel of the game and bring it back to how it was but it seems to be even more arcady then ever. This might be the first COD i do not buy. The lack of hype makes me think others feel the same way I do.
Calm down, Francis. It's not like they took something out and replaced it with Kill Confirmed.

Madtown_

KingOfKong said:
The game might not be getting hyped on forums and across the web, but it's going to sell. The public can't get enough of the series.

I think I read somewhere that MW3 360 pre-order totals alone are almost equal to the number of PS3 + 360 Black Ops pre-orders, combined. Over 3 million pre-orders. Insane numbers.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Calm down, Francis. It's not like they took something out and replaced it with Kill Confirmed.
This too. More people, more game modes to spread them out in!

Victrix said:
You shut your damn mouth, it spews vile poison!

But yeah... Stinger annnnd... I'm not sure what. I suppose I could do a full run and then decide what to unlock as an extra. First two are extra class for a dedicated anti-air with the Stinger, but the third is up in the air.

My third choice would be G18's, fourth would be desert eagle (I know it sucks but it stinks of awesome)

Ilive1up

so, for the past 6 months i've been telling myself i wasn't going to buy this game.

but...i'm getting it. all my friends play it, and i'll be the odd man out and that can't happen.

screw you, call of duty.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ilive1up said:
so, for the past 6 months i've been telling myself i wasn't going to buy this game.

but...i'm getting it. all my friends play it, and i'll be the odd man out and that can't happen.

screw you, call of duty.

Normally that would be the case with me but I'm not going to buy it for once. I refuse to buy the game without a good deal and even though kmart and other places are offering coupons and such I still prefer having a straight discount. Plus it also helps I'm playing alone anyway since all my friends are on 360 and 90% of the time I game on my PC and next to no one I kno has a gaming PC.

Sushen

dmg04 said:
But what's wrong with that when they've explained that weapons are more for different play styles rather than being 'better' as you unlock them?

As for perks, i get what you mean. But at the same time, who cares? In three days people will be at level 80 when others are getting the game for the first time....
Patience is a virtue, man. And, earning level 80 does not mean paying for it.

upJTboogie said:
Seriously, so accurate, powerful and plus it sounded great in COD4, hope they didn't neuter it.

I would like to have the G36C like it was in cod4, but with the way proficiencies are, they wouldn't give the gun prone/crouch sway reduction, meaning it won't have the one thing that made it not a crappier M4.

minx

Ilive1up said:

screw you, call of duty.

Same here.

DRE Fei

So, what's the best choice for "unlock gear" in the shop to you guys? I'm going to have at least 4 tokens after I prestige and want to keep the best stuff unlocked forever. I'm thinking of just going with 3 "party killer" things and 1 fun thing.

1. Blindeye
2. Assassin
3. Stinger missile
Deagle
?

Madtown_

TestOfTide said:
I would like to have the G36C like it was in cod4, but with the way proficiencies are, they wouldn't give the gun prone/crouch sway reduction, meaning it won't have the one thing that made it not a crappier M4.
Don't forget SOUND! It took me 6 months to actually believe that they had the same damage, all because of the sound..

No one answered my question. :(

How do stats work in this game? Is there something akin to the combat record or is it solely an Elite thing?

Combat records were ace.

DRE Fei said:
So, what's the best choice for "unlock gear" in the shop to you guys? I'm going to have at least 4 tokens after I prestige and want to keep the best stuff unlocked forever. I'm thinking of just going with 3 "party killer" things and 1 fun thing.

1. Blindeye
2. Assassin
3. Stinger missile
Deagle
?

order of importance

1. Dead Silence (level 55)
2. Stinger (level 40)
3. Scavenger (level ~40)
4. Claymore/Trophy System/Tac Insert/Portable Radar (all level 40+)

Everything else that's good unlocks at or below level 30 (which is apparently really easy to get to).

Alkaline - I think it's just Elite, but it has ridiculously good stat tracking.

Radec said:
I'll probably unlock Claymore first.

Can't pass up free kills.

No Radec, you will unlock Dead Silence because I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN MY TEAMMATES DON'T HAVE DEAD SILENCE

...sorry, that was uncalled for. : /

...but true

Radec said:
I'll probably unlock Claymore first.

Can't pass up free kills.

Claymores were less useful in MW2 compared to BO due to their longer activation time.

Bouncing Betties may turn out to be the better option, but we'll have to wait and see.

jgminto

jgminto said:
[EDIT]: Hey Radec, this vid has all of the images and unlock levels of the weapons including the Bouncing Betty and all of the tactical equipment.

This one has a the proper Focus emblem and a lot of the attachments and camos.
Requoted if you missed it. You can grab the missing or incorrect emblems from here. But it doesn't have the missing Pro emblems.

Radec

Hmmn..
LETHAL EQUIPMENT
- Frag (Lv4)
- Semtex (Lv4)
- Throwing Knife (Lv5)
- Bouncing Betty (Lv37)
- Claymore (Lv53)
- C4 (Lv69)

TACTICAL EQUIPMENT
- Flash Grenade (Lv4)
- Concussion Grenade (Lv4)
- Scrambler (Lv13)
- EMP Grenade (Lv21)
- Smoke Grenade (Lv29)
- Trophy System (Lv45)
- Tactical Insertion (Lv61)
- Portable Radar (Lv77)

jgminto said:
Requoted if you missed it. You can grab the missing or incorrect emblems from here.

Tried it earlier, but the vid is dead.

_Alkaline_ said:
Claymores were less useful in MW2 compared to BO due to their longer activation time.

Bouncing Betties may turn out to be the better option, but we'll have to wait and see.

I was thinking how funny it would be if the BB and Claymore made the same noise when activated. Because you can go prone to avoid the BB, if they sounded alike, you'd see people constantly going prone into Claymores.

Can't wait. Gonna be so good. MW2 was so fucking epic for the first month or so before people figured out what was broken and how to exploit it.

KaYotiX

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
Can't wait. Gonna be so good. MW2 was so fucking epic for the first month or so before people figured out what was broken and how to exploit it.

Agree, then it was a chore to play. I REALLY hope they learned a lesson with that game. IF MW3 is broken like that im just going to sell it and forget CoD forever.

snack

I watched the prestige shop video and the option to reset stats was locked. Does this mean it's only available for those at 10th prestige?

Bumblebeetuna said:

MW3 has hotfix support (expanded from Blops even) so hopefully issues get squashed promptly.

_Alkaline_ said:
No one answered my question. :(

How do stats work in this game? Is there something akin to the combat record or is it solely an Elite thing?

Combat records were ace.

Seriously, does anyone not know?

Can I at least check the W/L and K/D of people in the same lobby?

_Alkaline_ said:

Seriously, does anyone not know?

Can I at least check the W/L and K/D of people in the same lobby?

They should be similar to that of BLOPS. Even though there is no combat record the elite service can be accessed from the MP menu which is most likely just a stats portal.

johnFkennedy said:
They should be similar to that of BLOPS. Even though there is no combat record the elite service can be accessed from the MP menu which is most likely just a stats portal.

Do you have to sign up on the computer to sync your game with Elite?

Or does it happen automatically?

Tbh I'm rather confused as to how Elite works with MW3.

Top Bottom