• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

zlatko

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Have you played the game? How do you know this? if you mean CoD4, I completely disagree.

I mean the gun in general. I use it in BF3 as well. It's just an awesome rifle to kick butt with.

Xux

Not gonna lie; pretty stoked the L86 is back. Definitely gonna be rockin' a gold one of them.

CcrooK said:
Fuck it. WaW cheaters and the slowest ass exp curve in the game isn't worth leveling to get my token.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I've been playing a lot since Sunday, including two very long sessions Sunday and today. I only got the level 7 when I played it once back in 2008. I just now hit level 30.

I think I got to level 31 the first day on MW2.

DRE Fei

AnEternalEnigma said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I've been playing a lot since Sunday, including two very long sessions Sunday and today. I only got the level 7 when I played it once back in 2008. I just now hit level 30.

Plus WaW has hackers in every other game.

I'm sad...

No motion sensors. No dual mags. No Galil, Commando, or Tar. No decoy nades. No dive to prone... :/

Edit: guess portable radar replaces motion sensor?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
DRE Fei said:
Plus WaW has hackers in every other game.
Does WaW have that weirdo XP hack like COD4? Played 1 game the other day and got 40K points. While being overjoyed, i was pissed that i had just payed 20 dollars to prestige in less than two days.

RJNavarrete said:
I'm sad...

No motion sensors. No dual mags. No Galil, Commando, or Tar. No decoy nades. No dive to prone... :/

Portable radar is practically a motion sensor. The only difference is that it's countered by the standard stealth perk Assassin rather than having to be countered by a unique perk (Hacker Pro).

Gaogaogao

RJNavarrete said:
I'm sad...

what I want is dual mags and a bayonet, this guy knows whats up

rebel-sofa-crop-260.jpg

IW (and whoever else helps make their next cod) needs to adopt all the stuff treyarch added to the game, instead of acting like they don't exist.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RJNavarrete said:
I'm sad...

I'm also bummed about no dual mags, as that would've been a decent way to combine fast reloads with fast ADS (like Sleight of Hand used to be). Now that they've split that into two perks I have no idea what I prefer.

I'll also miss the TAR, but I'm sure one of the other guns will have a similar feel.

LowParry

AnEternalEnigma said:

Just wait until you hit the 50 rank. I gave up.

CyReN

Matts Legacy said:
Yup..I wish I was near that box..

I hate white boxes, messes with the color flow of my game stack..yes I know first world problems.

Is it true if you Prestige in previous CoD games you can do it Day 1 on MW3?

Xamdou

CyReN said:
I hate white boxes, messes with the color flow of my game stack..yes I know first world problems.

Yes, so I'll have 3 prestige tokens to use in the prestige shop as soon as I get my hands on MW3!

Xamdou said:
Yes, so I'll have 3 prestige tokens to use in the prestige shop as soon as I get my hands on MW3!

I thought you had to prestige once on MW3 to get access to the prestige shop in the first place?

Xux

CyReN said:
Nope. You just have one or more tokens when you unlock the prestige shop when you prestige the first time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
kyo_daikun said:
I thought you had to prestige once on MW3 to get access to the prestige shop in the first place?
It's already open if you have tokens from the old games, but I don't know why you'd want to spend them right away unless you REALLY need an extra class slot or want temporary 2XP. Some people think that you'll be able to unlock late-level weapons right away, but it doesn't work that way — you still have to earn them for the first time.

Nori Chan

Looks like my only chance at getting the Hardened edition is to get there early at walmart for the midnight release.

Is 10:30 good guys? Need help GAF

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
vatstep said:
It's already open if you have tokens from the old games, but I don't know why you'd want to spend them right away unless you REALLY need an extra class slot or want temporary 2XP. Some people think that you'll be able to unlock late-level weapons right away, but it doesn't work that way — you still have to earn them for the first time.
Link???

kuYuri

Noriega said:
Looks like my only chance at getting the Hardened edition is to get there early at walmart for the midnight release.

Well, that obviously depends on how crowded your Walmart midnight release gets and how many people plan on picking up Hardened. You need to tell us how it gets, we can't tell you.

Xamdou

Noriega said:

Depends where you live, do you live in a large city or a ghost town?

vatstep

dmg04 said:
I'm almost positive I read it on Robert Bowling's Twitter, but I can't find it now. I hope I'm wrong.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
vatstep said:
I'm almost positive I read it on Robert Bowling's Twitter, but I can't find it now. I hope I'm wrong.
I remember him saying you had to prestige first before unlocking the shop.

Kyoufu

vatstep said:

I think you're wrong, because you get one unlock should you decide to purchase that prestige on day 1 of MW3.

I wonder which gun is going to be the most popular choice for Prestige levelling?

dmg04 said:
I remember him saying you had to prestige first before unlocking the shop.

No, the shop is open and ready to use if you have a token from previous games, otherwise there isn't any point in going back to get tokens.

MrDaravon

vatstep said:

I plan on using them right away to unlock the options that open up additional in-game Challenges (which themselves reward XP).

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
am i the only one who only uses setup for all game modes? i never even use the custom slots.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If you have to 'Earn' before Unlocking with prestige tokens, thats utterly stupid.

For people who DON'T have a token off the bat, that means they have to earn the weapon twice before unlocking it forever. That seems pretty lame.

Kyoufu

dmg04 said:
If you have to 'Earn' before Unlocking with prestige tokens, thats utterly stupid.

For people who DON'T have a token off the bat, that means they have to earn the weapon twice before unlocking it forever. That seems pretty lame.

No, I think you're really confused.

If you don't have a prestige token on day 1, you play as normal and when you finally hit prestige, you pick what you want from the shop and if you happen to want the gear unlock, then you will get to pick any gun you want for your next run.

However, if you have a token from previous games, you can pick what you want from the prestige shop (including a weapon of your choice, if you pick that) for your first MW3 playthrough.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
vatstep said:
I still don't know about unlocking weapons that you haven't earned through leveling yet
^^^ This is what confuses me.

If i have the prestige shop unlocked day 1 and a token to use, i don't want to have to unlock a weapon via leveling to be able to use the token.

dmg04 said:
^^^ This is what confuses me.

If i have the prestige shop unlocked day 1 and a token to use, i don't want to have to unlock a weapon via leveling to be able to use the token.
What in the hell are you even talking about?

If you have a token on day 1, pick Unlock Gear. Pick the gun you want unlocked. Boom. Unlocked forever before you even play one game.

How is that so complicated? :lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
AnEternalEnigma said:
What in the hell are you even talking about?

If you have a token on day 1, pick Unlock Gear. Pick the gun you want unlocked. Boom. Unlocked forever before you even play one game.

How is that so complicated? :lol
Complicated due to the fact that i haven't seen any official word and all i'm seeing it what you guys are saying.

1 says earn, other says unlock. I'll just wait till day 1.

Fingers crossed i can grab the AK right off the bat.

Top Bottom