• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

With a few changes MW2 would've been the best CoD easily.

It is the best COD (if we're starting with COD4, of course). MW3 is a horrible mess created by the husk of IW, and while COD4 was great, MW2 took everything one step further and actually tried changing the formula somewhat. And it goes without saying that it was way more original than either of the Treyarch games, which shouldn't even be part of this discussion.

The "OP'd" killstreaks in MW2 were more than manageable, which seems to be every chump's main complaint with the game, so it's not even a valid complaint at all.

Hey You

Is anybody else having issues with losing connection in Spec Ops? I get to around wave 19 then It says I lost connection to the other player for 3 seconds.

Domination demolition and sabotage are terrible playlists anyway. They were not effective in other modes if you used your noggin for 1 second.

wat

Most MW3 maps had exactly three ways to get from one side to the other. With OMA/DC a single player could endlessly grenade a route to block it off. Try playing TDM with that shit.

(and Domination is a good gametype)

Fantasmo

wat

Most MW3 maps had exactly three ways to get from one side to the other. With OMA/DC a single player could endlessly grenade a route to block it off. Try playing TDM with that shit.

(and Domination is a good gametype)

I have about a million times I always got kills easily. DC players died very quickly to me without Stopping Power. Every map I can tell you a perfect way to eliminate the enemy. Every single one. I have played countless countless matches about 40 days worth. I hate Domination Demolition and Sabotage. The perks make it much worse, but goddamn those playlists suck. S&D and TDM do not suffer from them. Not one bit

I have about a million times I always got kills easily. DC players died very quickly to me without Stopping Power. Every map I can tell you a perfect way to eliminate the enemy. Every single one. I have played countless countless matches about 40 days worth. I hate Domination Demolition and Sabotage. The perks make it much worse, but goddamn those playlists suck. S&D and TDM do not suffer from them. Not one bit

OK we're playing Terminal TDM.

1 guy is head glitching behind the luggage carts facing Burger Town. Another guy is watching the middle hallway from the gift shop. The last guy is watching plane from the check in deck. All three have OMA/DC noobtubes.

Solve for x.

Nori Chan

1 guy is head glitching behind the luggage carts facing Burger Town. Another guy is watching the middle hallway from the gift shop. The last guy is watching plane from the check in deck. All three have OMA/DC noobtubes.

Solve for x.

you quick scope them all nub

then teabag their bodies and defuse the bomb only to find out there was a claymore right on top of the bomb

Fantasmo

Solve for x.

Stop running towards them? Wait outside and force them to come to you? Use a burst Famas/Sniper/M16 when they do? Pick off their aggressive teammates 1 by 1 til you have a great killstreak? Drop a predator or just keep waiting? People get impatient? Wow that was hard!

Stop running towards them? Wait outside and force them to come to you? Use a burst Famas/Sniper/M16 when they do? Pick off their aggressive teammates 1 by 1 til you have a great killstreak? Drop a predator or just keep waiting? Wow that was hard!

It's TDM. If they have the score lead then camping means you lose. And a decent team isn't going to mindlessly rush when they're winning.

Oh, and god help you if one of their aggressive players gets up top by the air conditioner with OMA/DC and you're spawning Spetznaz side. GG

I'm thinking of going back and prestiging in some of the PS3 games (was on pc previously). Question is (since its the one I liked the most), is there enough people still playing COD4? Also what game do you guys find it quickest to hit the level cap?

Fantasmo

It's TDM. If they have the score lead then camping means you lose. And a decent team isn't going to mindlessly rush when they're winning.

Oh, and god help you if one of their aggressive players gets up top by the air conditioner with OMA/DC and you're spawning Spetznaz side. GG

I've never had a problem with OMA/DC users except in the 3 playlists I mentioned in the 40 days I played it. 40 days at 24 hours per day is 960 hours worth of game time. If I'm with scrubs I'll lose. If we're evenly matched they will go down. Keep multiple classes for different situations. Everything has a counter in that game except Ninja Pro. One bullet or burst or return tube ruins all their fun. The whole show is over after 1 bad move. One.

Card Boy

Banned
Was gone for a week, can't believe how out of hand the FMG9's have become.

Bringeth the patcheth!

Oh, new commentary up. Nothing too special, covering some topics of maps, spawning and more.

24-1 TDM on Outpost by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ypdAJDmfo

Yeah FMG9's are the new pre-nerfed MW2 1887's. I'm still gonna abuse them though, funtimes.

Also why you camping for in that video? Spending 5 or more seconds in the same place brands you a camper.

Fantasmo

Oh and before you say Tactical Insert, it gets blown out easily by a tube and sitrep. Nevermind multiple tubes if your team is smart enough to have a normal tube class, without DC but with Stopping Power. Not that you even need Sitrep because it takes multiple seconds to even put another Tac Insert down.

The 3 modes I mentioned are broken, not to mention bad anyway. I'll throw Ground War into that list. The maps were not designed with 18 people in mind. You're asking for hell if you play Ground War in MW2. Three extra people makes an enormous difference. Regular TDM, Free for All, Team Tactical, and Search are completely balanced.

After watching Maximillian's video, I gotta say that the spawn trapping in previous CoD's was pretty ridiculous. To clarify, I'm pretty indifferent on the whole matter of spawn trapping, but I'd be disingenuous if I didn't acknowledge how easy it was to spawntrap a team and pin them down with killstreaks on certain maps in previous entries.

With that said though, you can never get rid of spawn trapping without making spawning completely random. Even in MW3, I've seen some teams pull of some nasty spawn traps; all it takes is a bit more coordination and knowledge of spawns than before.

SmokeMaxX

After watching Maximillian's video, I gotta say that the spawn trapping in previous CoD's was pretty ridiculous. To clarify, I'm pretty indifferent on the whole matter of spawn trapping, but I'd be disingenuous if I didn't acknowledge how easy it was to spawntrap a team and pin them down with killstreaks on certain maps in previous entries.

With that said though, you can never get rid of spawn trapping without making spawning completely random. Even in MW3, I've seen some teams pull of some nasty spawn traps; all it takes is a bit more coordination and knowledge of spawns than before.

I'd take previous CoDs' Spawn Trapping over MW3's "spawn into enemy sights."

bj00rn_

Banned
Sent a message to support asking for where to find the music volume adjustment - Received a reply saying they are too busy working on fixing multiplayer..

Oh well..

njean777

I've never had a problem with OMA/DC users except in the 3 playlists I mentioned in the 40 days I played it. 40 days at 24 hours per day is 960 hours worth of game time. If I'm with scrubs I'll lose. If we're evenly matched they will go down. Keep multiple classes for different situations. Everything has a counter in that game except Ninja Pro. One bullet or burst or return tube ruins all their fun. The whole show is over after 1 bad move. One.

Im sorry but to defend commando is a just asinine, that was the worst perk ever conceived in the history of any perk. I never really died to it that much but when I did see them magically leap to my face from a considerable distance I would get beyond pissed. Along with Danger Close and OMA MW2 was great no lie, but I think with the spawn fixes, MW3 could be the best for me so far.

I hated the maps at first but after learning them and playing them for awhile I have really started to like them. Other then Outpost I still fucking hate that map.

It is the best COD (if we're starting with COD4, of course). MW3 is a horrible mess created by the husk of IW, and while COD4 was great, MW2 took everything one step further and actually tried changing the formula somewhat. And it goes without saying that it was way more original than either of the Treyarch games, which shouldn't even be part of this discussion.

The "OP'd" killstreaks in MW2 were more than manageable, which seems to be every chump's main complaint with the game, so it's not even a valid complaint at all.

There was nothing manageable about the streaks in MW2. And on top of overpowered streak rewards you had broken game mechanics like Commando and OMA. Not to mention the stupid ass game ending streak everyone ignored objectives to camp their asses off for. For about a month MW2 was amazing, then it was shit. MW1 was and still is amazing. Don't know if MW3 will come close to that but it certainly looks to have fixed all the bullshit MW2 ruined.

aku:jiki

MW1 was and still is amazing.
CoD4 devolved into a cesspool of ACOG M40 quickscoping years ago. The killstreak glitch has been owning the game since like 6 months after release. And none of the geometry glitches were ever fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but people who haven't played it for four years need to get real.

Bumblebeetuna said:
There was nothing manageable about the streaks in MW2.
Cold-Blooded and Stinger. Everything about killstreaks was completely manageable. Most people just didn't want to switch classes when a chopper came up.

Nori Chan

Cold-Blooded and Stinger. Everything about killstreaks was completely manageable. Most people just didn't want to switch classes when a chopper came up.

You only have two shots for a stinger you know.

Plus you can use cold-blooded, but your teammates will obviously not so that = more killstreaks for you to use cold blooded on

plus who used cold blooded when you had STOPPING POWER

SmokeMaxX

Yeah... Nobody wanted to change classes. Not really the game's fault.

Yep you're right since the ONLY default class with Cold-Blooded was the SNIPER class and the ONLY default class with anything to use against enemy air support was the LMG class.

But it's all good because you have to wait until level 25 (Cold Blooded) to avoid getting destroyed by the air support and then level 30 to do anything about it (Stinger).

I got sick of that game real fast because the air support makes it pretty futile to prestige unless you want to get screwed for 24 levels by Harriers (among other things).

maomaoIYP

Yep you're right since the ONLY default class with Cold-Blooded was the SNIPER class and the ONLY default class with anything to use against enemy air support was the LMG class.

But it's all good because you have to wait until level 25 (Cold Blooded) to avoid getting destroyed by the air support and then level 30 to do anything about it (Stinger).

I got sick of that game real fast because the air support makes it pretty futile to prestige unless you want to get screwed for 24 levels by Harriers (among other things).

AT4 + Scavenger? I was using that on day one. And harriers go down with a single AT4 and a couple of bullets (literally) when you use stopping power pro.

Even now, I do the same in MW3, I take the smaw instead of the stinger because I want an additional option for flushing out campers.

I keep getting custom classes that I really don't need.

Yeah I was deadset on custom classes but after thinking it over, I really only need 5. 2 ARs, 2 SMGs, and a Domination class. I'll unlock more as I prestige but my gear unlocks (Stingers, Dead Silence, Steady Aim, Assassin, Trophy System) allow me to do virtually anything I want from level 4.

Touch

Yeah I was deadset on custom classes but after thinking it over, I really only need 5. 2 ARs, 2 SMGs, and a Domination class. I'll unlock more as I prestige but my gear unlocks (Stingers, Dead Silence, Steady Aim, Assassin, Trophy System) allow me to do virtually anything I want from level 4.
I play this game way to much to use my tokens for unlocks. :lol It does tick me off when I'm up against low levels with a gold MP7/Steady Aim etc. :D

Ah, Commando. Probably the most overblown "problem" in any multiplayer game this generation.

Totally. Commando was really not bad. The tubes were pretty bad, OMA was pretty bad, I played it on PC where quickscoping was essentially nonexistent, but the absolute worst was the killstreaks. The killstreaks were too easy to get and too easy to stack up to and WAY too fucking strong.

Jaxter09

Having a lot of fun with my shotgun class; although I'm sick of getting hit markers when firing directly into their chest at close range. Also just unlocked the 95. Wow; this gun is amazing, I get a great k/d ratio nearly every game with it.

Are quickscopers only a problem on consoles or something? As far as I can tell there is no auto aim; and I certainly haven't seen anyone dominate with it yet. Usually when a quickscoper comes up to me, they will fire and miss or get a hitmarker if they are lucky. Playing Kill Confirmed on Dome when everyone is using those goddamn akimbo machine pistols on the other hand FFFFFFFFFF

aku:jiki

Are quickscopers only a problem on consoles or something? As far as I can tell there is no auto aim; and I certainly haven't seen anyone dominate with it yet. Usually when a quickscoper comes up to me, they will fire and miss or get a hitmarker if they are lucky.
It's not a problem anywhere and no one has seen a quickscoper go positive, let alone dominate. I mean, some people seem to think that just because that video that keeps getting posted where a guy gets like 10 quickscopes in 20 seconds exists at all, that somehow sullies the gameplay experience even if they still haven't seen a situation anywhere near that video in 50 hours of gameplay.

Top Bottom