• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Mayyhem

soultron said:
The almost complete lack of offensive air support in this video is making me a believer. It really reminds me of COD4. There are actual moments of silence in that video -- it's nice.
Yeah, it is like that for the most part actually. Theres very little offensive air support compared to supportive air support (UAVs) more often in this game, its awesome

Proc

thezerofire said:
Is there anything that paid Elite will be good for day 1?

Nope...just the founder status:

Unique Founder Weapon Camo & Profile Skin
Exclusive Founder In-game Player Card & Emblem
Access to the Private "#Founder" Group
Special Founder Clan XP Boost
Special Founder Operations, Events, & Leagues
Exclusive Founder Prizes & Experiences

I really don't see why people wouldn't hold onto their code until the first map pack comes out? I'd rather get some maps for the next game then have the stuff listed above.

Proc said:

I really don't see why people wouldn't hold onto their code until the first map pack comes out? I'd rather get some maps for the next game then have the stuff listed above.
so if I get Elite after launch day I don't get these? or do you get them just for buying elite?

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
So can I playing fucking multiplayer in this game without paying extra, or not? Can't find a straight answer to that. I don't care about DLC bullshit.

Not sure what you mean by "paying extra". If you buy it new there is nothing extra to pay.

soultron

Banned
Mayyhem said:
Yeah, it is like that for the most part actually. Theres very little offensive air support compared to supportive air support (UAVs) more often in this game, its awesome
I'll admit that I was quite the hater coming into this month. I knew I'd be dragged into MW3 eventually, but this actually makes me want to grab it tonight. The only thing I'm hating myself for right now is that I'll be spending $120+ grabbing both BF3 and MW3 this week. My wallet. I still need to grab Skyrim at the end of the week too.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Since none of you assholes bought me MW3 on Steam for my birthday today like I asked I bought a Mt. Dew today and have no need for the code.

First to quote gets it.

Proc

RbBrdMan said:
Since none of you assholes bought me MW3 on Steam for my birthday today like I asked I bought a Mt. Dew today and have no need for the code.

First to quote gets it.

Does it work on steam? Sure i'll have it .

zlatko

Banned
RbBrdMan said:

First to quote gets it.

If it works for 360 i'll be up for it. Happy bday. ^^

Marcellus Wallace said:
That makes sense right? Shoot first, win? Unless your aim is horrible.

No, no-I agree, and I'm all for this-I can't tell you how many times I've been robbed of a kill. But to actually see it is jarring...

Proc said:

They have stated that a "season" is nine months, so they aren't really going to be releasing DLC for a calendar year. I reckon that we'll have a map pack before the three month mark, so might as well activate it and get founder status/emblems/camo/etc.

Prelithe

Jay-B said:
BTW do we know if they've included matchmaking for Spec Ops this time around? I never got 1000/1000 on MW2 because there wasn't :/

Yep. It has been confirmed but I can't find any sources from IW or Sledgehammer.

Still waiting on my shipped email from Amazon...

knitoe

Just for heads up, www.woot.com has refub Turtle Beach X41 Surround Wireless Headset for $85, new $140 on Amazon. If you don't have a good headset or surround sound speakers, you will have a major disadvantage these types of games.

zlatko

Banned
Don't want to bump from last page, but if someone knows more about CoD Elite site issues I'm having and could shed some light I'd appreciate it. :)

It's so hard to shoot down UAV's in some levels, so many buildings blocking me.

I did get a "yo man why do you keep blowing up my UAV's fucker" , made me laugh

Enosh

just watching that midnight release youtube livestream thingy (need to disable cosmic panda if you have it to see it)
they have some guy playing FFA, he looks nervous as fuck :lol

zlatko said:
Don't want to bump from last page, but if someone knows more about CoD Elite site issues I'm having and could shed some light I'd appreciate it. :)
I think Elite is just altogether fucked right now. I can't even log in.

otakuderek

soulassssns said:
Who did you order thru?

It probably depends on how close you are to a warehouse or the speed of the overnight UPS. I live out from major cities and my Hardened Edition shipped this morning around 9AM EST.

otakuderek

Marco1 said:
Amazon and I paid extra for next day shipping.
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be cancelling my other 2 pre-orders with them.

Did you do release day delivery? Should only be .99 cents extra.

Shady859

Ghost or equivalent is going to be beast in this game with possible near constant UAV in the air.

Can't wait till midnight but dreading Gamestop, only did it to guarantee a Hardened. Hate their releases every idiot loudmouth in town comes. I hear you on XBL I don't wanna see you as well.

To the guy worrying about Amazon, I've had release day games ship at 5-6pm and still arrive on Tuesday. Amazon has won most of my gaming dollars.

Radec

man this is gonna be hard for me. I love BF3's graphics and overall atmosphere. But MW3s pointstreak makes it more satisfying. i hope i can play both lol.

This is probably a dumb question, but can you actually 'buy' the game at a midnight launch? I'm in the UK and I've never been to one. I wanted to trade some stuff towards it; are they literally fulfilling their pre-paid pre-orders or what?

Miggytronz

MarshMellow96 said:
This is probably a dumb question, but can you actually 'buy' the game at a midnight launch? I'm in the UK and I've never been to one. I wanted to trade some stuff towards it; are they literally fulfilling their pre-paid pre-orders or what?

i know at my US gamestop store you can.

Madtown_

Sooo..anyone who is just starting out and doesn't care, if you get the chance try dashboarding from a game to disprove the rumor (that it resets rank), would you?

If no one does I'll try to remember when I get to play tomorrow night.

test_account

XP-39C²
This is probably old news, but i didnt see it before now. The playercard (the one that everyone can see, where your title and emblem is) also shows which level you have from the previous CoD games :) It doesnt show the exact level, but it shows the icon/prestige icon that you have. Kinda cool in my opinion.

these mom and pops in NYC suck ass, everyone was saying monday. So Monday comes and now everyone is saying later-_-

I'll never waste my time trying to get a game early unless I know I can get it for a fact.

10pm from one spot, but I might as well just wait for the gamestop midnight launch then.

iNvid02

CyReN said:
Cod tourney tonight at Walmart w/ MW3, For those that have MW3, when is the best class on default for ffa/1v1?

i think it was the type 95, but it was one burst kill almost everywhere. guy went 69-4.

so i'd recommend that

Top Bottom