• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

iNvid02

Spy said:
Cancelled my MW3 preorder last night and was trying to decide whether or not to preorder again. Searched YouTube for MW3 and this video (though MW2) made me preorder again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBxljeis2A

they put a lot of colour correction and effects onto vids, in reality the game will look
kinda washed out.

i would just buy it and see if you like it. if not just sell it, value aint going down anytime soon

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
madmaxx350 said:
And CUAV, I liked the way Black Ops had it because Ghost users would get their pussy ass hunted when it goes up and 90% of the time they'd leave the game.

Never stopped me. I just got in a good defensive position and mowed the chumps down who would come for me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Mik2121 said:
No no no. If you don't become a Founder, you don't get to KEEP them after your subscription expires, but otherwise if you pay for Elite at any given time, you get the DLC available until your subscription expires.

I'm personally not getting the subscription because I play on a JP account with the US version of the game and that's bound to give me tons of issues. So I will just purchase the DLC like I did with Black Ops :p

Woah, I knew what founder was, but had NO idea that you don't get to keep the maps if you sign up later. That blows. $50 to get "free" DLC you lose. Wow.

Spy

iNvidious01 said:
they put a lot of colour correction and effects onto vids, in reality the game will look
kinda washed out.

i would just buy it and see if you like it. if not just sell it, value aint going down anytime soon
I loved MW2 and MW3 seems very similar so I'm sure I'll like it. Two issues though, I just bought Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 on Saturday plus I just checked GameFly and apparently I forgot to take MW3 out of my queue and it's shipped. So I can either play the game two days late or pay $55 to get it on day one.

Haha I can already see the mass amount of complaining over some of the maps by people.
They have so many turns and hallways, campers gonna camp is back.

Nitsuj23

Will it unlock for everyone who purchased via Steam at the same time or will it roll out based on time zone. I'm in the Eastern time zone, would suck to wait.

Xater

Juancho9 said:
I wonder what they'd call it if it's a sequel to black ops. White Ops. lol

Black Ops 2?

Also what stream are people talking about?

Mikasangelos said:
So if your locked into ELITE right now, You will lose your DLC when it expires? Is that what you just posted Mik2121?

No you keep your DLC forever.

Mik2121

Mikasangelos said:
So if your locked into ELITE right now, You will lose your DLC when it expires? Is that what you just posted Mik2121?
I believe so. At least that's what it sounded like when on the Hardened description they said that you become Founder and get to save all the DLC. If it isn't the case, it would be nice to be proven wrong. I would still not get it because of the region where I'm playing, but still..

Wonder if I could just get Elite with my US account and play the maps with my JP account... (while playing the US version of the game).

Edit: It seems I was wrong. Sorry for the sudden panic I caused! :p

Eh, I think I'm just going to get Elite for my dad (He plays the new Call of Duty games a lot more than I do). Really wish you didn't need to buy two different codes, not spending $60 then another $100.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Mik, I'm not sure your sources are right about not keeping your maps if you aren't a founder. None of the official founding member stuff notes anything like that (that I can find)...

2011-11-07_1257.png

Mik2121

Deadly Cyclone said:
Mik, I'm not sure your sources are right about not keeping your maps if you aren't a founder. None of the official founding member stuff notes anything like that (that I can find)...

http://content.screencast.com/users/Jeffrey.Strike/folders/Jing/media/cb550a57-1598-4bba-8832-5d067840173d/2011-11-07_1257.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I was just basing it off this:

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6223/6276677361_8750a7e7d3_o.jpg

See where it says "Ownership of all DLC even if your membership expires"..

(holy crap didn't know all packs were in one image, sorry, I took this from the OT)

Mik2121

Deadly Cyclone said:
MiK, I believe you were mistaken.

This is for Elite in general, not just Founders.

(See #10)
http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

http://content.screencast.com/users/Jeffrey.Strike/folders/Jing/media/a773c47e-a015-450f-a5ab-f40a92bc0bc7/2011-11-07_1259.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Sweet. I guess I was just mistaken because of that bullet point on the Hardened edition thing. It was a bit misleading (or I was reading too much into it).

Anyway, glad you get to keep it! :)

Strider2K99 said:
You keep it forever.

In case anybody is too lazy to click Strider's link:

Elite DLC is permanently owned DLC.
Whether you buy the DLC a la carte or get it as part of your Elite membership, it is yours to keep; the DLC will not deactivate if you decide not to renew your subscription next year. It’s yours to keep as if you had bought it the traditional way.

I'm getting a new message on callofduty.com when I try to link to Elite now saying for me to play a game of Black Ops before it can link my account. That wasn't there last night.

Can't wait to see more of the map light up, just a single dot in the middle/near of Russia.

I see the hup hup hup Dutch and most of Europe got it already.

Grrrrrrr at that highway level, too much rubble and trash , people hiding lol

bluehat9

Deadly Cyclone said:

Does this apply even if you buy the Hardened Edition? Because I've got it coming with saver shipping from Amazon and don't know when it'll get here. Hopefully with the code in the box I still get the founder stuff whenever I put it in.

DRE Fei

All of the snipers from mw2 who hated black ops will be on mw3. All of them. They all use quickdraw and it's super effective on the sniper. I snipe from time to time myself and I understand why they made quickscoping so strong in this game. If it was like blops sniping, then the weapon would be really weak because of how small the maps are. It needs to match the pace of the other guns, since everything else kills in about 3 bullets. Understandably, some people will not like mw3 because of the sniping.

I suggest the type 95 as a counter to the quickscopers. It's a very accurate 1 burst kill weapon that makes snipers rage. Also, be sure to use the ballistic vest kill streak to piss them off even more! The good news is, if they're using quickdraw it means they're not using assassin, so feel free to spam the hell out of those UAVs using the support package. I want GAF to dominate these guys. Everyone please use the GAF gamertag as often as possible so that we party up, party on, and eradicate this plague that will be upon us tomorrow.

This time is the best time of year for COD because it's fresh and new. I'll probably grind through the ranks for the first month or so. By February, the game will be filled with heartbeat sensors, assassins and quickscopers, so have fun now while you can dudes!

ultron87

So am I correct that I can go to a Walmart tonight and potentially win a free copy of the game in their tournament thing?

Hopefully the closest one to me realizes that corporate has them listed as doing this promotion.

Top Bottom