• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I caved and decided to order this of d2d..except I have to wait for customer service to contact me since d2ds phone authorization fails.

Jeff-DSA

So how long before the bingo board gets filled out?

(won't link to story since I own the site and don't want to spam)

As Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 hits store shelves, the many reviews for the game will be pouring in. It seems that every high profile release brings out all of the cliches game reviewers have to offer as they struggle to fit the written review into their busy schedules or they are simply exposed as to how bankrupt their writing styles have become. We wanted to see how long it would take for our Bingo board to fill up, and we're willing to reward you for helping us out.

We'll give away a free game (your choice, $59.99 or less) for the first person that can fill each space and back it up with links showing where each space is represented. So scour the web and mark down the link to any site that is using the terms/phrases/cliches/or review tropes from the chart below. You don't need to find word for word examples, just something close enough to justify filling the space.

The first person to send in a complete board wins. If you choose to submit your entry, make sure to use an email address you check regularly. And don't worry, we don't sign you up for any email or contact lists.

Good luck!

I'm guessing within the first day, thanks to IGN more than anybody else.

Bingo board: http://gamertheory.com/uploads/stories/MW3_Review_Bingo.jpg

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
If I prestiged on every COD since MW1 on 360, theres no way to get the prestige points if I start playing on PC for MW3 right? I picked a bad year to switch over lol

bigf00t

Anyone know how/if the bonus prestige tokens for prestiging in previous games will work on PC? Would it be tied to your Steam Account somehow?

SteveO409 said:
If I prestiged on every COD since MW1 on 360, theres no way to get the prestige points if I start playing on PC for MW3 right? I picked a bad year to switch over lol

Yup, it will only count on 360.

bigf00t said:
Anyone know how/if the bonus prestige tokens for prestiging in previous games will work on PC? Would it be tied to your Steam Account somehow?

I think Bowling said there isn't really a way to track it with the PC version so it wont work. However, I dont know about steam.

Jeff-DSA

I'm really curious as to how many of my friends will still play BF3 with me after tomorrow. They're all CoD guys, but they've been liking BF3 quite a bit. I just hope at least enough of them stick with BF3 to keep a squad going, but my guess is that it's going to be tough.

So are the Turtle Beach (or similar) headsets really that big of a difference when playing? I'm thinking of picking up a set for the 360. I play with a real nice surround setup, but I guess the headsets allow you to pick out details better, huh?

dustin

Neo Member
377278_2315659177333_1425060450_32252317_5996596_n.jpg

Amazon: they're good people.

Bad7667 said:
Question about this video. Why doesn't he get kills towards the care package with the I.M.S or Pred Missile? I thought MW3 had added this back in from Blops?

Was the pred in the care package? Care package killstreaks didnt count in mw2 if I remember correctly.

Also, I think the first IMS he got it then died. So once you die, killstreaks from your previous death wont count towards your new streak.

Miggytronz

Bad7667 said:
Question about this video. Why doesn't he get kills towards the care package with the I.M.S or Pred Missile? I thought MW3 had added this back in from Blops?

Lionheart1827 said:
Was the pred in the care package? Care package killstreaks didnt count in mw2 if I remember correctly.

Also, I think the first IMS he got it then died. So once you die, killstreaks from your previous death wont count towards your new streak.

Assault Package streaks dont stack after death.

SteveWD40

Seems I get COD4 free, how's the dedicated servers / mp these days? I assume it's still active but is it a hack fest as suggested? Any good servers people still play on?

SteveWD40 said:
Seems I get COD4 free, how's the dedicated servers / mp these days? I assume it's still active but is it a hack fest as suggested? Any good servers people still play on?
It hardly worked when I played it.

Does anyone one know If the game case in the hardened edition is the same as the regular edition?

as I'll be getting a regular edition tonight to play early and a hardened edition delivered tomorrow and I want to give my bro a copy that is preferably unopened.

test_account

XP-39C²
Bad7667 said:
It because he dies in the mean time. It is like this in MW2 if i remember correctly. If you get a killstreak and die, then use the killstreak in the next life, then the kills done with this killstreak wont count towards a new killstreak.

But killstreak rewards do stack in MW3 though. I got a predator missile earlier, got 2 kills with it, and then i got the attack helicopter =)

EDIT: Already answered, i forgot to update the thread after watching the video =)

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
The Last Wizard said:
Does anyone one know If the game case in the hardened edition is the same as the regular edition?

as I'll be getting a regular edition tonight to play early and a hardened edition delivered tomorrow and I want to give my bro a copy that is preferably unopened.

Its a Steelbook

CozMick

Banned
£34.99 Elite membership. CHECK
CoD: Elite Theme downloaded. CHECK
Registered for CallofDuty.com. CHECK

Modern Warfare 3 purchased. NEGATIVE

SteveWD40 said:
MW2 is the hackfest. I don't recall CoD4 being that bad, but I haven't played it in years.

I really hope the throwing knife in MW3 feels like the tomahawk in BO. That was the most satisfying weapon in gaming history, so much more responsive and effective than the laggy ass godawful throwing knife from MW2.

Marco1 said:
Amazon and I paid extra for next day shipping.
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be cancelling my other 2 pre-orders with them.

ODD, I didnt have to pay extra for release day delivery. Maybe because I have amazon prime.

Victrix

*beard*
Hmmmmmm.

4-5 hours before I head down to Gamestop for the midnight release.

Think I can blitz the CoD4 SP before then? Considering streaming it.

muu

Amazon's release date deliveries do come on release dates. Shipment emails usually don't send till very late in the day. Really would not worry about it.

God, all these maps seem so tiny. I would prefer them to be the size of Overgrown or Quarry, for example. Action was always close on those maps, but you had room to breath. All the maps I've seen in MW3 so far seem to be equivalent to Highrise or Scrapyard.

iNvid02

Jack Scofield said:
God, all these maps seem so tiny. I would prefer them to be the size of Overgrown or Quarry, for example. Action was always close on those maps, but you had room to breath. All the maps I've seen in MW3 so far seem to be equivalent to Highrise or Scrapyard.

gotta sell dem mappax and eleet

PREORDER NOW FOR EVEN BIGGER MAPS

Marco1 said:
Amazon and I paid extra for next day shipping.
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will be cancelling my other 2 pre-orders with them.

LOL. Every time a big game comes out there's people freaking about Amazon - "IMMA CANCEL"

Seriously, Amazon always ships it last-minute and it always shows up on time. I've done like a dozen release-date shipments with them for games. Gotten all the big AAA multiplayer games the day they're out, like clockwork via UPS.

zlatko

Banned
dustin said:
377278_2315659177333_1425060450_32252317_5996596_n.jpg

Amazon: they're good people.

They're also lying to you. They have no 100% guarantee you will get it tomorrow.

I had Black Ops pre ordered last year from them with release day shipping, and it came a day later. I was forced to go get it from Wal-mart that day, then go and give them back my Amazon version the next day with the receipt.

Once your game is in the hands of mail services, it's up in the air.

CozMick

Banned
Nuketown confirmed as DLC?

Downloaded my Elite theme on PS3 and there's a overhead of Nuketown :\

Maybe just related to Blops :(

hmmmm, so it looks like it doesn't unlock on Steam until 10am tomorrow morning(EST)? Is that right? Do most Steam games not unlock at midnight? I was hoping for some late night MW3 goodness tonight after midnight.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've never not gotten my game on release date using RDD, but it seems like Amazon is taking a while to tell me that they've shipped my game...

Top Bottom