• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Anton Sugar said:
Weapon damage seems ridiculously high. Lots of 2-shot kills in all of these vids. I just worry I'm straight up not good enough to have fun in a game like this.

EDIT: well, stream shows damage as not being that bad. But the ACR/M16/Type 92 vids were ridiculous. UMP looks pretty weak.
The 3-round burst weapons are typically popular on the consoles because they can kill in a single burst. They look like they are killing in two hits, but it really takes all three. Theater mode does not unlag the gameplay properly, much like demos in Quake 3 used to do, so you see things that look completely wonky.

J2d

Anton Sugar said:
Weapon damage seems ridiculously high. Lots of 2-shot kills in all of these vids. I just worry I'm straight up not good enough to have fun in a game like this.
Troll people with the support class.

Dreaver

Where are the reviews? Game is released in quite a few countries now. I remember reading a Swedish review would be released 23:00?

kuYuri

Gez said:
Just came back from GAME installing MW3 to Steam with the discs.

14087 meg. This one is going to be huge. 25minutes till unlock i think.
Let us know if it has 360 controller support.

Prelithe

Gez said:
Just came back from GAME installing MW3 to Steam with the discs.

14087 meg. This one is going to be huge. 25minutes till unlock i think.

Hmm, was there any extra download/patches during install?

LowParry

soulassssns said:
My amazon preorder finally shipped. Hopefully I get it early tomorrow morning.

Yep. Got my notification as well. Mail shows up around 1PM my time (MST) so I got some other things I gotta do before I start my all nighter of mayhem!

Card Boy

Banned
It's got Facebook support so you see what your friends are doing.

Same video options from Black Ops. But i can't see an FoV slider.

Went up to a supermarket that was meant to be selling it at midnight, they weren't. Looks like I'm waiting till tomorrow (or later if reviews are bad)

CcrooK said:
Yep. Got my notification as well. Mail shows up around 1PM my time (MST) so I got some other things I gotta do before I start my all nighter of mayhem!

I don't know why but whenever I get release date delivery from Amazon the delivery men come in an unmarked car with no uniforms on. It looks shady as fuck, but I can't complain because they usually drop the stuff off extremely early. Like 7am early.

johnFkennedy said:
I don't know why but whenever I get release date delivery from Amazon the delivery men come in an unmarked car with no uniforms on. It looks shady as fuck, but I can't complain because they usually drop the stuff off extremely early. Like 7am early.
Where do you live? Mine usually come from ups

Card Boy

Banned
Does this have dedicated servers? Its got the same Matchmaking crap from MW2.

O8GvF.jpg

darthbob

Darkerkamikaze said:
Available: November 8th, 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 15 hours

15 hours from where you're located or just overall.

I'm West Coast, GMT-0800. Logically, it should unlock for me in like 8 hours.

Is there anyway to complete callofduty.com registration without linking it to my facebook profile? I don't like the conditions that you have to agree to.

Are there any drawbacks to not being completely registered?

Deadbeat

Banned
mxgt said:
Game performs extremely well as expected. 100-170fps at all times (no vsync) at max settings.
MW2 ran flawlessly on PC so Im not really surprised by this at all. But the lack of console and FOV was to be expected.

darthbob said:
15 hours from where you're located or just overall.

I'm West Coast, GMT-0800. Logically, it should unlock for me in like 8 hours.
East Coast here, not sure why it's 15 hours thought it would unlock at midnight.

darthbob

Darkerkamikaze said:
East Coast here, not sure why it's 15 hours thought it would unlock at midnight.

Maybe it's to account for the last time zone, so everyone has it by release day. If it unlocked in 8 hours, then say someone in Hawai'i could be playing it 'technically' before they're supposed to.

Top Bottom