• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

cuevas said:
Where do you live? Mine usually come from ups

A suburb 30 minutes west of Chicago. Whenever I get a package delivered that's not release date delivery it comes via UPS too, but if it's release day then it gets here via like a 1996 toyota corolla with a dude in a wife beater driving the thing.

MRORANGE

wait the people who are playing the pc version where you at? it still says 8hrs for me and I am in the UK D: ? it should have unlocked by now D:?

Hugbot said:
Ok so what're the odds of walking into a Wal-Mart at 12:10 and walking out with a Hardened Edition?

I would say low as several stores, including gamestop sold out completely of hardened editions through preorder. You may get lucky though.

soultron

Banned
Hugbot said:
Ok so what're the odds of walking into a Wal-Mart at 12:10 and walking out with a Hardened Edition?
I'd guess pretty damned good. Worst business practise is to turn away money just because someone didn't preorder. This game is big enough, at this point, that noone should be "selling out" of it.

For those who have the game already: is there a Merc TDM playlist? The pic on the last page just said Mercenary, and I'm afraid of it being filled with other stupid shit like in Black Ops' Mercenary playlists.

darthbob said:
Maybe it's to account for the last time zone, so everyone has it by release day. If it unlocked in 8 hours, then say someone in Hawai'i could be playing it 'technically' before they're supposed to.
Makes sense, I'll be up either way :p.

Donthizz#

Went out on bought the game, would you guys recommend buying 'Elite", its there on the screen begging me to buy it, I just cant make up my mind..

zlatko said:
I wanted ELITE honestly, but I just don't have the cha ching like some of you ritsy ballers on GAF.

; ;
only reason i got it was that it was easily justifiable considering a years worth of DLC packs will be more then the $40 increase in price

luffeN

Just played parts of the first mission and it runs so smooooooooooothly!
krameriffic said:
http://www.twitch.tv/podewarr

This guy is broadcasting the PC version of the game. I have no idea how he is playing it before the Steam unlock.
I can play the single player, but I guess you mean multi?

Edit: Can also play multi on Steam in Austria. There are some guys already at level 18 :D

Proc

So many of my friends are getting this game on consoles...guess i'll do the same and take back my pc pre-order tomorrow.

luffeN said:
Just played parts of the first mission and it runs so smooooooooooothly!

I can play the single player, but I guess you mean multi?

Edit: Can also play multi on Steam in Austria. There are some guys already at level 18 :D
How do you play SP, mine still tells me Pre-Load info.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gez said:
But there is no server browser at all. It's all matchmaking.

then fouzerotwo lied to us again...or its not up yet.
http://www.callofduty.com/thread/4682

Will Modern Warfare 3 have Dedicated Servers?

Yes! Modern Warfare 3 supported matchmaking as well as Dedicated Servers, allowing players to find and filter via an in-game server browser or set-up their own Dedicated Server for complete control, without being restricted by any 3rd party hosting requirements. If looking for a Dedicated Server to join, if you choose not to set up your own, you can filter and favorite by Ping, Map, Gametype, Hardcore Variants, Voice, Password, and many other options.

Rolled by the Gamestop near the office on the way home. Guys in folding chairs camped out with laptops there easily seven hours before release.

Whiteboard in the store announcing that they had pre-sold 650 copies there.

Yeah... think I'll buy MS points with my preorder money and go down the street to the "big box store." No freakin' way I'm standing in a 600-nerd-long line until 2am to angrily spend money.

Meanwhile. are there Mountain Dew deals out now?

mxgt

Banned
Steam website still says 8 hours for me but the game ran fine after I finished downloading, lol.

Played 1 match so far of domination, getting used to COD again but it was certainly fun.

also: needs a damn FOV fix, it's pretty bad

cuevas said:
You think people care? Lol

I do. The one thing that will get me to buy this game. Bought all the rest and gave up on the series almost with MW2. No dedicated server play in MW3, I will be skipping it and just doing a redbox for the SP

mxgt said:
No 360 pad support for PC version as far as I can see
I feel as though it has to be in there.

If you're using wireless try and make sure the controller is turned out before you launch the game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Proc said:
So many of my friends are getting this game on consoles...guess i'll do the same and take back my pc pre-order tomorrow.

Just get both! I'm an idiot and if I can snag a 360 hardened edition.(already bought on PC).

mxgt

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
I feel as though it has to be in there.

If you're using wireless try and make sure the controller is turned out before you launch the game.

Definitely not there. Using wired, tried both before booting and after. Nothing in the control options either.

I use M/K so I don't care but it's disappointing for people who prefer the pad.

Flunkie

Banned
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.
If your problem persists, please contact Activision Support.

on the Call of Duty main site trying to log in.

Connecting...
forever

on the rankupxp.com site.

ffffuuuuuuuu

Edit: Holy hell these sites are a mess. 403 Forbiddens, formatting is fubar'd. Wow, lol.

mxgt

Banned
PNstyle said:
What? Why does the pc version show that console green bars and not the real ping?

Because sadly the PC version of COD has taken a back foot in the past few years. Just a port job.

Top Bottom