• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Nelo Ice

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Where would you get the hardened? You think Gamestop etc. are withholding some for countertop upgrades?

Well for one gamestop.com has them in stock atm. Still considering it though since apparently most of my friends wont have mw3 at launch anyway.

FStop7

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Mike Pachter, et al, think this will be the biggest-selling game of all time easily.

If BF3 shipped 10 million and sold 5 million during week 1 then this game is going to beat it by 30%. That's been my guess.

PatzCU

Proc said:
So many of my friends are getting this game on consoles...guess i'll do the same and take back my pc pre-order tomorrow.

Yea I'm in the same boat. My PC would absolutely annihilate MW3, but I'll be getting it on 360 because that's where all my CoD friends play. I think of the MW series as the modern day Goldeneye 64, it just plays out better on consoles.

I'll reserve my glorious PC FPSing for BF3.

Also, I can't believe I'm buying CoD YET AGAIN! Everytime they get me! And now I'm thinking of getting the Elite subscription. What's wrong with me?!?!

Nelo Ice said:
Well for one gamestop.com has them in stock atm. Still considering it though since apparently most of my friends wont have mw3 at launch anyway.
Saw that too but beneath in the comments there's a guy ranting about how they should take this down because it's sold out and won't ship.

So strange they didn't mint a few million more, considering they're making mad extra cash on a few more features and people are falling over themselves to part with the extra $40.

Nelo Ice

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Saw that too but beneath in the comments there's a guy ranting about how they should take this down because it's sold out and won't ship.

So strange they didn't mint a few million more, considering they're making mad extra cash on a few more features and people are falling over themselves to part with the extra $40.

Would not be surprised if they have more just waiting to be sold, its too much free money for them not to print more hardened copies.

MikeE21286 said:
holy yikes at the PS3 pics

Wow, ok. Thanks for that info. I'm more of a pad guy so that's 360 verion. Community is there any way.
Wow. You weren't kidding.

Kinda weird considering MW2 looked so similar. Seems like they keep tweaking the 360 engine, while leaving the PS3 engine untouched.

Nelo Ice

Banned
PatzCU said:
Yea I'm in the same boat. My PC would absolutely annihilate MW3, but I'll be getting it on 360 because that's where all my CoD friends play. I think of the MW series as the modern day Goldeneye 64, it just plays out better on consoles.

I'll reserve my glorious PC FPSing for BF3.

Also, I can't believe I'm buying CoD YET AGAIN! Everytime they get me! And now I'm thinking of getting the Elite subscription. What's wrong with me?!?!

Seriously happens to me every year and this time I'm probably going to double dip. Though despite the consonlized PC ports, I still prefer PC since playing CoD with a kb+m feels so much better than a 360 controller.

Desaan

Went to the midnight launch of MW3 at my local Tesco's with my brother, with the other 500 people there. 45mins in the queue for a game I'm not too fussed about, definitely losing my marbles.

PatzCU said:
I think of the MW series as the modern day Goldeneye 64, it just plays out better on consoles.
Thank you. My PC could eat games like this and I still won't buy them. Games like this keep consoles alive.

Meanwhile, I'm skipping Elite. Always thought it was bad enough to pay for DLC; definitely not paying for XBL and a service to run on top of it too.

Gez said:
Don't understand how theres a dedicated server program and no server browser, am i missing something here?
There is a server browser. You have to activate it in the options to show it in the menue. Just saw it on the pc stream.

LowParry

snack said:
I dunno... it still took a shit ton of bullets from the back.

I'm wondering if knifing would be insta-kill. Hmmm. I've seen other vids where the attacker from behind scoped in for the kill. One from that Gamespot Q&A.

Nabs

Gez said:
Don't understand how theres a dedicated server program and no server browser, am i missing something here?
Have you checked the Steam server browser?

Nelo Ice said:
Seriously happens to me every year and this time I'm probably going to double dip. Though despite the consonlized PC ports, I still prefer PC since playing CoD with a kb+m feels so much better than a 360 controller.

You're letting your friends pull you down, ha. Blops on PC was so worth it.

Tamanon

Banned
Stopped by Gamestop to pre-order, had a line of about 150 just to get tickets for later to pick up at midnight. Insane, probably double the Black Ops launch.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Nabs said:
Have you checked the Steam server browser?

You're letting your friends pull you down, ha. Blops on PC was so worth it.

Yeah I could see that from playing black ops free weekend, but I wasnt about to pay $40 when I already spent so much time on the 360 version =/.

PatzCU

DeuceMojo said:
Thank you. My PC could eat games like this and I still won't buy them. Games like this keep consoles alive.

Meanwhile, I'm skipping Elite. Always thought it was bad enough to pay for DLC; definitely not paying for XBL and a service to run on top of it too.

Ya I think Elite is where I'm going to have a to draw the line, it's a slippery slope!

AnEternalEnigma said:
My Amazon order is still listed as "Shipping Soon"...should I be worried?
If you have Prime, phone them and ask why your order hasn't shipped. I've had them overnight it because it was obvious they wouldn't make their 2-day commitment.

rapid32.5 said:
PS3 version looks like ass, still buying it because of friends. Both versions look outdated visually these consoles not even pushed.
Hopefully when the quad-core console comes out (it's currently called the Xbox 1440: I have this on deep background), Microsoft can squeeze yet another 6-7+ years out of a single console generation. Scary to think though just how old this tech is now...

zlatko

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

If you have the option to go to a Wal-Mart to grab a copy, then do so. This way, when your Amazon copy shows up, you can just use your receipt for the Wal-Mart copy, and get a full refund.

That's what I had to do with black ops last year and my Amazon order.

AnEternalEnigma said:
No, I order every game from Amazon and when it's a release day delivery it doesn't show shipped till 10 PM (my time which is MST). I've never had an order not show up. You might want to consider signing up for text from Amazon. It usually shows a couple hours earlier when it actual ships.

Oozer3993

Desaan said:
Went to the midnight launch of MW3 at my local Tesco's with my brother, with the other 500 people there. 45mins in the queue for a game I'm not too fussed about, definitely losing my marbles.

I might be crazier than you. I had no interest in this game until the commercials started wearing me down over the weekend, giving me the CoD itch I haven't had in years. And I left CoD4 at home for my sister, so I have nothing to scratch it with. Now I'm thinking of picking up a Hardened Edition at Walmart at midnight. I think I need professional help.

Card Boy

Banned
Calling it now.

MW3>Black Ops+MW3

Now this game is awesome. So many unlocks and shit. Hated the currency system from BO, its back to level based in MW3 with some grind for the weapon perks.

BattleMonkey said:
I do. The one thing that will get me to buy this game. Bought all the rest and gave up on the series almost with MW2. No dedicated server play in MW3, I will be skipping it and just doing a redbox for the SP
Gaf ain't people

Top Bottom