• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
is it just me or is the party system broken on ps3??

i can get my friends to join me but when you join the game they all get kicked, wtf?

Strider2K99 said:
Wow, 360 version is really two discs? Crazy, so much for the new 360 disc format.
Is that a fact? That sucks. My 100GB drive is just too f'ing small now for 5 years worth of games.

Tiduz said:
is it just me or is the party system broken on ps3??

i can get my friends to join me but when you join the game they all get kicked, wtf?
This sounds like Christmas 2007 on XBL when everyone wanted to play COD 4 and nobody could join games.

Xanadu

Banned
my brother got it at midnight launch, i went in and said oh so you didnt go thinking he was playing mw2 still

i was wrong

johnFkennedy said:
A suburb 30 minutes west of Chicago. Whenever I get a package delivered that's not release date delivery it comes via UPS too, but if it's release day then it gets here via like a 1996 toyota corolla with a dude in a wife beater driving the thing.
I'm in dupage, that's really odd.

Prelithe

AnEternalEnigma said:
Well, I ordered Gears of War 3 off Amazon, and by this point the day before it arrived, my status had long since been "Shipped".

When did you pre-order? I pre-ordered yesterday so that might be the reason.

The DewXP stuff is still way broken for me. The site loads fine, but I can't load any of my combat cart exchange stuff.
Prelithe said:
When did you pre-order? I pre-ordered so that might be the reason.
October 14. Hardened Edition.

snack said:

I swear the crosshair is at least a foot away from the target and he gets the "one shot kill" every time.
KuGsj.gif

Nevermind. I must have a bad memory or be extremely paranoid. I just went back and checked when my Gears of War 3 shipped from Amazon and I didn't get the e-mail saying it shipped until 12:30am Tuesday morning. It was here on time.

leng jai

Game is fucken blurry on PS3. Had a 20MB patch on boot up.

There was a guy already returning the game when I was picking mine up. lol

rezuth

Got my hardened edition, installing atm. Going to play all night long :) I wish I could redeem my founder status but its not up yet :(

rapid32.5 said:
PS3 version looks like ass, still buying it because of friends. Both versions look outdated visually these consoles not even pushed.

It's like the PS3 version was designed to look like there's always a light 5am fog during the action. Probably just laziness on IW's part.

From the pictures I've seen, this game looks like a huge piece of shit on the PS3. Goddamn it is fucking ugly. Aliasing everywhere and washed out contrast.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is the trading tab in the DewXP site not working for anyone else? All other 3 tabs work but the "Combat card exchange" tab just spins and spins...

Xanadu

Banned
leng jai said:
Game is fucken blurry on PS3. Had a 20MB patch on boot up.

There was a guy already returning the game when I was picking mine up. lol
is this due to it being sub HD? was MW2 blurry?

Teknoman

AnEternalEnigma said:
From the pictures I've seen, this game looks like a huge piece of shit on the PS3. Goddamn it is fucking ugly. Aliasing everywhere and washed out contrast.

Yeah whats up with the super jaggies? I'm usually not one to complain about lack of AA, but thats just too much.

Bollocks

zlatko said:
If you have the option to go to a Wal-Mart to grab a copy, then do so. This way, when your Amazon copy shows up, you can just use your receipt for the Wal-Mart copy, and get a full refund.

That's what I had to do with black ops last year and my Amazon order.
don%2527t_have_a_girlfriend_05.jpg

it was too good to let it pass

Here's a question: Are the peeps that redeem prestige tokens for unlocked weapons and double XP and whatever going to just end up with a few custom slots at the end?

I dig the 10 slots I have in MW2... Is there anything as valuable as those?

zlatko

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yeah whats up with the super jaggies? I'm usually not one to complain about lack of AA, but thats just too much.

Maybe that's Sledgehammer's work? If Glenn from Sledge was being honest, then Raven only helped with some maps and nothing else.

I doubt IW all of the sudden would have lost how to work with PS3, but if maybe the core peeps who handle PS3 versions of CoD's were the ones who left, or if they decided Sledge can focus on this platform more while we handle 360, then that may explain it.

zlatko

Banned
Bollocks said:
don%2527t_have_a_girlfriend_05.jpg

FpCK9.gif

My friends had booked off work during Black Ops release. We set it up over a month in advance to play together on release day(Much like I am with MW3 tomorrow), and it puts a pretty big wrench in your plans with friends when you don't have the game, and they are all back to work the next day. So my hands were tied to venture out to Wal-Mart when I checked in the morning that my ETA date had changed to the next day.

Your image seriously doesn't even fit. :/

DarkChild

Banned
zlatko said:
Maybe that's Sledgehammer's work? If Glenn from Sledge was being honest, then Raven only helped with some maps and nothing else.

I doubt IW all of the sudden would have lost how to work with PS3, but if maybe the core peeps who handle PS3 versions of CoD's were the ones who left, or if they decided Sledge can focus on this platform more while we handle 360, then that may explain it.
Maybe they dropped few things( particle resolution, AA ) for a better frame rate.

Kyoufu

funkystudent said:
wow. the ps3 version looks rough.

Did West and Zampella take the how to make games not look like ass on ps3 code with them to respawn?

So you're saying MW3 looks rough?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Guys can someone who owns the PS3 version of the game please let us know if it looks worse than MW2? Does it play as good or better? It's so hard to tell the trolls who bash every tiny detail of the game to make it look like its horrible on a system.

I know its out in the UK so we should get some solid info fast so we can buy the right version in the AM!

thanks in advance.

Dorf

zlatko

Banned
Desaan said:
The COD elite site is a total fucking mess :D

Pretty much. I tried to contact their chat team to try and work out my issues, but after 15 minutes it just said, "Can't find anyone for you to chat with, try again later."

Foreveralone.jpg

Man few more hours. I always get so antsy on launch night of COD. Cant wait to party up with my buddies and wail on people all night.

zlatko said:
Pretty much. I tried to contact their chat team to try and work out my issues, but after 15 minutes it just said, "Can't find anyone for you to chat with, try again later."

Foreveralone.jpg

NJcVY.png

Meier

Been waiting for Uncharted or Batman all week from Gamefly. Threw MW3 at the top of my queue and was lucky enough to get it. Had a $5 coupon so it's only going to cost me $46. Woot.

Can someone please answer the following questions for me?

1.) How many discs is the 360 version, and if the answer is more than one, can the second be installed to the harddrive?

2.)It's been said that Founder status is for those who sign up before Nov. 13th, is that for Premium COD Elite memberships only?

3.)Are there any pics/vids/info of the camos given to those with Founder status?

Bollocks said:
[IG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--dk5yFASDSk/ThU-WQpH9aI/AAAAAAAA17o/R5bzwsWphCo/s1600/don%2527t_have_a_girlfriend_05.jpg[/IMG]

What are you talking about lol...smh

RedAssedApe

Banned
Desaan said:
The COD elite site is a total fucking mess :D

From my personal experience, the callofduty.com/infinityward sites have been a mess in general.

Back when MW2 came out and I tried to login to their site to check out the forums...after logging the wrong information would show up in my account profile...as if I was logged in as someone else. Other times my login would not work at all even though I verified my password through their reset mechanisms.

soultron

Banned
I'm still at work but I sent my roommate to reserve it for me. Midnight launch. I'm too old for this shit, but here we go!

I need to find the 360 GAF gamertag now.

Top Bottom