• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

HBroward

Just got back from my Walmart, they had a ton of Hardened editions. I was probably a hundred back in the line and was able to pick one up.

LifEndz

HBroward said:
Just got back from my Walmart, they had a ton of Hardened editions. I was probably a hundred back in the line and was able to pick one up.

Good news. I know this game has the biggest fanbase ever but I've never heard of the more expensive version of a game being sold out everywhere.

tigerin said:
what if activation only release one dlc throughout the whole year?

In the Metro paper this morning they had a page about Call of duty elite and it said "monthly DLC"

What that will be and if its true is anyones guess to be honest.

CKD5989

I could be wrong but this could end up being like the Halo 3 and Reach Legendary Editions. MW3 is just too big a title for Activision not to put out enough Hardened Editions to go around.

Pie Lord

Ostinatto said:
the game is out and nobody knows this?

i wanna buy the best version :D
Then buy the PC version. If that isn't an option, go with the 360. Their have already been some console comparisons released, and the PS3 is looking a little rough.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the IGN review is true. Searched it up on Youtube and it popped up but when I click to watch, the video has been removed by the user.

ascully said:
Amazon are taking the piss I preordered the Hardened edition back in February, they sent me a tracking number tonight saying shipped. Now I have a new mail saying they are out of stock of the hardened edition and they will ship when new stock arrives.

Dammit!!!!!
GameStop still has them in stock on their website

I always do midnight launches at Best Buy. Never preorder there! You'll be waiting for ages. I just pop up, grab my ps3 hardened edition, and was out the door at 12:05. Awesome. A few dudebros, but they are harmless.

Big Baybee said:
I always do midnight launches at Best Buy. Never preorder there! You'll be waiting for ages. I just pop up, grab my ps3 hardened edition, and was out the door at 12:05. Awesome. A few dudebros, but they are harmless.
I was losing it. At Kmart some dude in line LITERALLY played like $250 in lottery tickets standing in line. Lost on every onel. Could have bought the system and game with that money hahaha.

Edit: Doctor, I think the PC version doesn't have 360 controller support going by earlier previews in the thread

darthbob

I wish Steam would unlock my damn game.

At this rate I might as well try and look for a workaround or, dare I say, buy the console version.

Gramercy.1

Neo Member
My buddy and I just got back from walmart and picked up the hardened edition. There were probably 80 people in front of us and didn't think we would be able to pick one up. Sure enough, as we are about to ask if they have anymore available, the guy in front of us says "Oh sweet, I didn't know the hardened edition came with headphones." My buddy replies "They don't, those are just the headphones." At this point both clerks turn pale white at the realization of what they had been doing for the past hour or so. I can only imagine how many people are getting home and raging with all sorts of fury.

I got an e-mail from Amazon around 9:30pm ET saying my order shipped, but my UPS tracking number still says this:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

My Gears of War 3 order did not do this. If I don't get this game tomorrow, there will be hell to pay.

I worked the door as security for a local Gamestop tonight. The first person in line with his son ended up coming back about 20 minutes later and said their PS3 case had no disc in it. The people who worked there said they are at all the big midnight releases.

Gramercy.1 said:
My buddy and I just got back from walmart and picked up the hardened edition. There were probably 80 people in front of us and didn't think we would be able to pick one up. Sure enough, as we are about to ask if they have anymore available, the guy in front of us says "Oh sweet, I didn't know the hardened edition came with headphones." My buddy replies "They don't, those are just the headphones." At this point both clerks turn pale white at the realization of what they had been doing for the past hour or so. I can only imagine how many people are getting home and raging with all sorts of fury.
Oh my god. I would have stayed to film the carnage and put it on Youtube.

Gez said:
I believe it doesn't support it according to the Steam page. Only Black Ops did.
Ah. Thanks. I'll live. I had literally just finished playing blops 5 minutes before so it was a strange transition.

adelante

Gramercy.1 said:
Wow......

From n-Space's Facebook about MW3 DS

14 Mission Campaign bridging the events of MW2 and 3
10 challenge levels
Multiplayer adds Wage Matches: Gun Game, Sharpshooter and One in the Chamber
14 MP maps - 7 new, 7 revamped and updated fan and team favorites from the first 4 CoD DS games

New MP Options and Features

Join in Progress for Friend Matches
Host Lock for Friend Matches
Host has full control of weapons and perks
Host Game Macros to save favorite game types and rule sets
Friendly Fire option
Host Controlled Damage Modification
New Barracks system allows players to pre-configure weapon and perk loadouts
Revamped and rebalanced perk system that splits perks into two groups
18 perks total

Weapon Improvements

Unified weapon pool - play either faction and use your favorite weapon
Exploding weapons (except grenades) have been switched to limited use pick up weapons with each map. Host can enable or disable the use of these weapons.
All weapons have been re-tuned and balanced
33 total weapons available for MP - 5 unlocked at start, 23 unlockable and 5 explosive
Two grenade choices: Flash and Frag
New weapon balancing system allows player to choose a primary and secondary weapon, as well as a single grenade type
Each player has 10 loadout slots they can pre-configure and use in matches

Gramercy.1 said:
Holy shit! Wow. WOW! Someones getting fired.

Top Bottom