• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

What are my chances to get the hardened edition tomorrow in-store?
I know Gamestop is a bust, but what about Wal-Mart, Toys-r Us, Target, K-Mart etc...

Anyone going tomorrow to find out?

I have it pre-order with next day shipping, but I'll be damned if I have to wait an extra 3-4 days to receive it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Big Baybee said:
I always do midnight launches at Best Buy. Never preorder there! You'll be waiting for ages. I just pop up, grab my ps3 hardened edition, and was out the door at 12:05. Awesome. A few dudebros, but they are harmless.

I went to Best Buy tonight. It was this location's first midnight launch and it showed. The pre-order line was moving at a snail's pace while the walk-up line was flying. Then they had no clue about hardened editions or XBL renewal specials. It was a complete and total mess. I probably won't do that again.

DRE Fei

@CallOfDutyElite

"All. We aware of the issue. Surge of new Elite registrations is creating reg & login issues. Teams are working now to increase capacity."

Massive signups going on right now and it's clogging up the system. I'm so glad I registered already.

@CallOfDutyElite

"Please note the “password” error on login is being caused by this registration load issue. You do not need to change your password."

fernoca

C0NB0Y is expected to start uploading/posting videos of the Wii version on his YouTube Channel in an hour...or so. :)

(can't earlier than that because of the embargo)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gramercy.1 said:
My buddy and I just got back from walmart and picked up the hardened edition. There were probably 80 people in front of us and didn't think we would be able to pick one up. Sure enough, as we are about to ask if they have anymore available, the guy in front of us says "Oh sweet, I didn't know the hardened edition came with headphones." My buddy replies "They don't, those are just the headphones." At this point both clerks turn pale white at the realization of what they had been doing for the past hour or so. I can only imagine how many people are getting home and raging with all sorts of fury.

...how do you fuck up this badly...sheesh

Spoo

Ugh, guess this bitch just won't unlock :\ Sucks that Steam users are getting boned for digital distribution. I guess one more sleep.

def sim

I get the feeling that it'll be cheaper not to get elite and just buy the map packs separately. Looks like they add to the $60 value by including DLC I do not want.

M.W.

pramath said:
So, anyone have any links to any reviews from reputable sources? Wanna see how well (or not) this one has done.

Not out yet. Another 40 mins and reviews will be aplenty.

Madtown_

rance said:
I get the feeling that it'll be cheaper not to get elite and just buy the map packs separately. Looks like they add to the $60 value by including DLC I do not want.
First, Elite is $50, not $60. I can't imagine a scenario where they don't have 3 DLC map packs (minimum), so that's $45. If they pile a bunch of pointless stuff on top of there, then you saved $5..

If instead they have 4 or 5 map DLC packs, or 3 new and 2 'retro', you'll have lost money...

It's a gamble, sure, but not much risk in getting Elite imo. (Assuming you'll be around and buying the DLC)

M.W.

They're releasing stuff each month for the next 9 months. Not sure how much of that is going to be map packs.

kuYuri

Wooow, they finally added party improvements like backing out with party from the Treyarch games and for first time in CoD, making a person party leader. They finally listened to me.

pramath

Banned
Marcellus Wallace said:
Not out yet. Another 40 mins and reviews will be aplenty.

Shearie said:
Reviews should be up in 40 minutes I think.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I was wondering why there were literally no reviews for this game online (outside of USA Today and The Telegraph :/)

Madtown_

Strider2K99 said:
Wooow, they finally added party improvements like backing out with party from the Treyarch games and for first time in CoD, making a person party leader. They finally listened to me.
Wooow indeed. Great news!

Strider2K99 said:
What INNOVATION! :)

def sim

Madtown_ said:
First, Elite is $50, not $60. I can't imagine a scenario where they don't have 3 DLC map packs (minimum), so that's $45. If they pile a bunch of pointless stuff on top of there, then you saved $5..

If instead they have 4 or 5 map DLC packs, or 3 new and 2 'retro', you'll have lost money...

It's a gamble, sure, but not much risk in getting Elite imo. (Assuming you'll be around and buying the DLC)

$60 is the value without being in Elite. The point I'm making is that the $10 I can possibly save are from DLC I would never buy anyway. I don't think MW3 is going to have anymore than 3 map packs so I'd rather just buy them individually rather than commit to a game that's still unproven.

HoTHiTTeR

Anyone have the Hardened edition? I'm curious what the Elite Founder card is all about. Is it just a cardboard code card w/ a dlc code?

Madtown_

rance said:
$60 is the value without being in Elite. The point I'm making is that the $10 I can possibly save are from DLC I would never buy anyway. I don't think MW3 is going to have anymore than 3 map packs so I'd rather just buy them individually rather than commit to a game that's still unproven.
In that case, no need to commit to the game now!
Just wait until the first DLC comes out and if you are still into the game, decide then.

Pranay

Some reviews are their -
Telegraph - 100
Playnation - 4.5/5
allaboutthegames - 5/5
Gamezone Review 9 / 10

No reviews really. Wait a half hour and make one. :)

So embargo ends in 30 mins ?

will make one then

kuYuri

Let's see... indeed, crouch walking makes noise.I don't think the overall community will like this change, myself included.

Tactical Knife stab is slower compared to MW2.

For those who are playing the game, how do the multiplayer maps feel thus far?

I feel like COD4 had the best maps in the franchise, and they've only gone downhill since in terms of map flow.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Gramercy.1 said:
My buddy and I just got back from walmart and picked up the hardened edition. There were probably 80 people in front of us and didn't think we would be able to pick one up. Sure enough, as we are about to ask if they have anymore available, the guy in front of us says "Oh sweet, I didn't know the hardened edition came with headphones." My buddy replies "They don't, those are just the headphones." At this point both clerks turn pale white at the realization of what they had been doing for the past hour or so. I can only imagine how many people are getting home and raging with all sorts of fury.

So the clerks gave out headphones when they weren't supposed to?

Teknoman

So everything was going awesome at my Gamestop, we had a great turn out, friendly tournament...and then near the end a guy got held up for two of his 360 copies right outside, and we didnt see anything because the store was still slightly packed.

Really? You're going to rob someone for 2 video games that wont resale for more than normal price? Not even a system? WTF.

Top Bottom