• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

fernoca said:
*control + F: Wii*

Well, is the least I can do while waiting. :p
Wouldn't surprise me if IGN puts all reviews, BUT the Wii version. Hope I'm wrong, since I'd like to see what Treyarch added, left or removed in this case.

I'm getting it at midnight, so I'll post something tonight or tomorrow about it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm seriously not enjoying this game at the moment.

Trying to not get to carried away, since I didn't like Blops initially and ended up loving it.

Similar disappointment as Reach was to me. Still built on a good gameplay foundation, but all the changes are at best meh. Compounded by terrible maps. Although at least Reach didn't remove features from its previous game (In game stat tracking..).

Effect

Freezie KO said:
I'm getting it at midnight, so I'll post something tonight or tomorrow about it.

Thanks. Passing on the game for the foreseeable future but would still like to see how it turned out.

Zinthar

user_nat said:
I'm seriously not enjoying this game at the moment.

Trying to not get to carried away, since I didn't like Blops initially and ended up loving it.

Similar disappointment as Reach was to me. Still built on a good gameplay foundation, but all the changes are at best meh. Compounded by terrible maps. Although at least Reach didn't remove features from its previous game (In game stat tracking..).

Can you elaborate a bit? I read earlier that the maps had fewer camping spots, which I interpret to mean that the multiplayer might be a little more random than BOps.

MrDaravon

Just got home, wound up being about 500 or so people at my Gamestop all said and done. I could see the Best Buy line at one point, no idea how large it was but the fact that I could see it from where I was indicated it had to have been at least a hundred or more minimum.

Proc

Went in to the launch night at Futureshop wanting the 360 hardened edition...of course they all went first. I grabbed the ps3 version and am content with my decision. It also came with a poster and an additional steel case.

I really just wanted to have something to play on my 360 again since I've been buying mostly 3rd party on PS3. I'm not going to open it until I hear more solid impressions of the PS3 performance.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I should be able to walk into a store late tomorrow and buy it right?

Im sure retailers stocked up on plenty of copies. I hope.

chubigans said:

No. I'd do everything possible to get it as early as you can. From my friend on Facebook they had six hundred people in line.

Yerolo

snack said:
IGN review - 9.0/10

f65862e6ac0950321ffeb21e2481f22c.png

Fun campaign but a forgettable story? Oh, IGN. You make no sense.

I don't see the issue...why cant the campaign be fun but the underlying story be not so good ? The quality of the story doesnt affect the structure of the missions or the locales you visit etc Sure it helps, but I dont think story is the only factor that determines the quality of the campaign

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Zinthar said:
Can you elaborate a bit? I read earlier that the maps had fewer camping spots, which I interpret to mean that the multiplayer might be a little more random than BOps.
Yeah, I don't think camping has been a very big problem yet. Can't think of any rooms with only 1 entrance or anything like that. Camping may get worse when people start unlocking the claymore though.

My main problem with the maps is most of them feel way to complicated. Way to many rooms, doors, windows, corridors and everything. There is also way to much crap littering the maps, there is stuff everywhere. Hopefully I change my mind after a bit more game time.

Hyunkel6 said:
What do you mean?
In game stat tracking removed from CoD, not Halo. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I really enjoyed the stats provided in Blops, but MW3 is pretty much exactly the same as MW2 in game. They do have lobby leaderboard now, which is nice.

Spoo said:
What server is selected for you in Steam out of curiosity?

edit: tried switching to the only Toronto server I saw and no go :\

Just finished up a game. Can't get my 360 controller working with it for some reason.

Where do I check out my Steam server?

Spoo

DoctorWho said:
Just finished up a game. Can't get my 360 controller working with it for some reason.

Would just be in your settings under Cloud+Downloads. I only saw one Toronto server there, though.

Damn... I have the regular edition preordered at GameStop so I can pick it up in a few hours, but don't know whether or not I should just wait til the morning to try to find a hardened edition somewhere (Best Buy, Wal Mart, et. al) then just pick it up at GameStop if I don't find it. Thoughts?

Marda

Neo Member
chubigans said:

Yep. Worst case, for most major retailers is you having to wait a day for restocking, but places like Target, Walmart etc... Will have thousands of copies per store.

Assuming of course you live a relatively dense area, that's how it works here in SoCal though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
snack said:
Fun campaign but a forgettable story? Oh, IGN. You make no sense.

Makes plenty of sense to me. Most of the fun campaigns I've played I couldn't tell you what the story was as I quickly forgot them.

Nitsuj23

DoctorWho said:

Wonder if you got it because you're in Canada? Says I still have 9 hours to wait... this sucks I'm busy all day tomorrow wanted to play before bed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So is COD Elite not working again? Shit let me login earlier this afternoon...now all I'm getting is I entered an invalid e-mail/pass combo.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
D23 said:
IMPRESSION PLS!

im literally on the fence between this and skyrim...

You posted that while standing on a fence? That takes talent.

Bad7667

user_nat said:
Yeah, I don't think camping has been a very big problem yet. Can't think of any rooms with only 1 entrance or anything like that. Camping may get worse when people start unlocking the claymore though.

My main problem with the maps is most of them feel way to complicated. Way to many rooms, doors, windows, corridors and everything. There is also way to much crap littering the maps, there is stuff everywhere. Hopefully I change my mind after a bit more game time.

In game stat tracking removed from CoD, not Halo. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I really enjoyed the stats provided in Blops, but MW3 is pretty much exactly the same as MW2 in game. They do have lobby leaderboard now, which is nice.
This was one of my many issues with MW2. Felt like they had no clue what good map design was. I hope this isn't going to be the case for me.

I went to the midnight launch at Gamestop, maybe around 30 people. There was so much garbage on the ground for such a few people.

REV 09

Majanew said:
Gonna swing by redbox and rent it. Should be enough time to beat the Campaign.
Thinking the same. May decide to buy it later if I like it. I think I'm over cod, we'll see if that's the case.

kuYuri

Syph Medwes said:
Damn you, two more hours here on the west coast!
But congrats on getting a hardened edition.

Thanks, I preordered right around CoD XP, but I saw a bunch of Hardened at my BB, don't know how many people actually preordered it. I think some people who didn't preorder may get lucky.

LifEndz

Strider2K99 said:
Thanks, I preordered right around CoD XP, but I saw a bunch of Hardened at my BB, don't know how many people actually preordered it. I think some people who didn't preorder may get lucky.

I'm going to pick it up at BestBuy tomorrow, and I'm debating whether to get the hardened if it's available.

Anyone know if PS3 hardened edition owners get dlc on the same date as 360 hardened edition owners?

Spoo

So I'm guessing that Steam's 10 hour unlock time isn't actually accurate. If DoctorWho got his decrypting (around what time was it there?) then maybe everyone just needs to wait for their respective midnight :\

LifEndz said:
I'm going to pick it up at BestBuy tomorrow, and I'm debating whether to get the hardened if it's available.

Anyone know if PS3 hardened edition owners get dlc on the same date as 360 hardened edition owners?
im pretty sure I remember an E3 announcement at E3 when MW2 was shown during MS conference and they said early 360 DLC for the next 3 games, that would be MW2, BLOPS, and MW3

Top Bottom