• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Gramercy.1

Neo Member
bishoptl said:
Oh no.

So far beyond messed up that you can't see it from here. We need a follow up story on this.

I'll let y'all know tomorrow, gamestop is right next door. On our way out some other employee was giving him a pretty harsh talking to, some what away from the register. He was claiming that the rep insisted that that box was the hardened edition.

rekameohs

Banned
Full Metal Jacket said:
So, what's the GAF consensus of MW3?
If you like crazy adrenaline pumping action, it's pretty incredible. There's definitely way better tactical fps's though. I love the fast-paced stuff, so it's perfect for me.

Should I be worried?

My UPS tracking status for my Hardened Edition still says this:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

According to Amazon, it left their facility in Kentucky at 7:00pm ET on Monday (I'm in Georgia). Nothing since.

DarkFlow

Banned
The graphics on PS3 look... like someone smeared vaseline on the TV to me. Game also seems kinda slow. I might just be crazy IDK.

Card Boy

Banned
"So, what's the GAF consensus of MW3?"

Really fun, get it! The guns feel solid and aint the toy peashooters in Black Ops. Loads and loads of unlocks. I think people will enjoy this one more than Black Ops overall. Its sort of a cross between MW2 and COD4, without alot of the OP bullshit in MW2.

Couple of the maps remind me of COD4, there is a Crash one, a Downpour inspired one, a Backlot one and one that reminds me of Crossfire.

lol what were the chances...

BtLpA.png

Finally grinded my way up to 27. Felt naked without assassin.

The maps.... the maps are pretty bad.

Coming into the the game I thought, "Oh jesus, killstreaks look super fucked-up again," but that's not really the case. There's a lot of UAV, yeah, but no Harrier nonsense this time around and my choppers have only gone on crazy killing sprees a couple of times. Air seems pretty easy to take out with the launchers, or the anti-air-turret. My fears were pretty unfounded (so far) in that department.

But the maps.

Every map seems about 20 percent smaller than it needs to be and you have to be amazingly on-guard at all times... not really for any good reason, but because the enemy team can and will frequently spawn directly behind you, sometimes with your body in plain view. I'd say 7 out of 10 times I die has been from a freshly-respawned enemy soldier (yes, revenge-spawning is back, baby!). If I didn't hate quickscoping snipers so much I'd feel bad for them. These layouts are possibly even worse for them then Black Ops.

The weapon damage modelling is dumb and makes the game even more spray 'n pray than ever before. ADS seems pointless a lot of the time.

On the plus side I haven't seen any weapons or combos of perks/attachments/etc that seemed crazy OP, which was nice. Hit detection was good, though on the other end of the barrel you get still bendy-bulleted around walls just as much as any other COD game.

NBtoaster

The Xtortionist said:
The only sub-HD game that looks blurry to me is Resistance 3. All of the CoDs look pretty great imo.
In MW2 (ps3) the only time the resolution was noticable was looking at power lines.

FStop7

Banned
I really do enjoy the CoD stuff because this is the one game almost all of my friends from work will buy and play. They have families and generally don't have a lot of time to play. When a new CoD game drops we always manage to get together and play for at least the first month or so after release, and it's always a blast.

amar212

LeMaximilian said:
Modern Warfare 3: The Online Warrior Episode 1 'Getting Started' by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uwo3F-DeWk

Covers general information and the stuff folks should be aware of before they hop online. Also give impressions and some strats about weapon usage and killstreak stuff.

Good job, I love the profound, grounded and informative style of the presentation, keep up the good work.

Jeff-DSA

My goodness, they need to rebalance things ASAP. Guns do way too much damage, the maps are way too small (guess they're stuck for now with that), and the AIM ASSIST IS TOO STRONG.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the kill cam where a guy is spraying bullets all over the freaking screen and maybe one bullet hits home and I'm dead. They need to stop rewarding sloppy play.

Xamdou

So I bought the 360 hardened edition and went to callofduty.com/founder website but where in it can I put in my founder code?

Edit:
If you have a MW3 Hardened Edition you can use the code included on the Founder card to add Founder benefits to your Premium account on the site after 11/13/11

Omg wtf? This shit for real Activision?

Guenther

Full Metal Jacket said:
So, what's the GAF consensus of MW3?
After leveling up to level 50 in mp (playing Domination only), I feel dissapointed. Most of the maps are boring and the netcode suffers the same problems as the predecessors. I liked BO much more and I for one will only buy COD made by Treyarch in the future.

Ferny

I am enjoying MW3 so far much more than BLOPS. The maps feel right to me. I don't think they are too small. A little cramped in some areas sure, but not to small. The guns feel really good as well. Overall, I am liking the game much more than I usually like a COD game.

soultron

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Modern Warfare 3: The Online Warrior Episode 1 'Getting Started' by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uwo3F-DeWk

Covers general information and the stuff folks should be aware of before they hop online. Also give impressions and some strats about weapon usage and killstreak stuff.
Great commentary as always, Max. Loved your work in the BLOPS thread. Also, your voice = man crush.

I learned a lot of great little tips. I had no idea that sprint had been overhauled.

As for my MP impressions, this is the game that MW2 should've been, in my opinion. Much more balanced from all aspects: map design, perks, and pointstreaks. It's still early, but I don't see there being any destructively OP builds like in MW2. I also really enjoy that the new pointstreak configurations support different styles of play. I've fallen in love with the Support config. I've been dropping ballistics vest kits, SAM turrets, and jamming UAVs to support my team and it's been working great.

I'm a huge COD4 purist and I'm enjoying this so far. Part of it working so well is that I've not noticed any connection problems. You still get the occasional "behind a wall/corner/cover" death as you're retreating, but it's forgiveable when your bullets actually feel like they're connecting properly. And to have a Day 1 launch where your MP works properly is also a miracle. I didn't experience any connection difficulties or lag in my 3.5 hour play session, just now.

Bumhead

Banned
Are many people playing this on PC? How does it hold up? I've always viewed COD as a more console experience, and quite fancy picking this up, but the console versions are about £10 more expensive across the board so im edging towards PC..

djm

Do you have to call in the SAM turret with a care package like in Blops or does it just magically appear when you use it? I couldn't tell from that video since it cut in right before he used it.

I loved using that thing in Blops and taking down people's precious air support, but hated having to call it in and ending up getting killed trying to collect it since it would attract the other team.

Top Bottom