• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

My only complaint is having to learn the goddamn maps; man is it ever frustrating getting flanked totally by surprise. But I can't really hold that against the game.

Lovin' it so far though!

soultron

Banned
djm said:
Do you have to call in the SAM turret with a care package like in Blops or does it just magically appear when you use it? I couldn't tell from that video since it cut in right before he used it.

I loved using that thing in Blops and taking down people's precious air support, but hated having to call it in and ending up getting killed trying to collect it since it would attract the other team.
It doesn't require a drop. It's instantly deployable when you complete the pointstreak requirement.

rapid32.5

Played a bit on PS3 stopped at level 25, so far I like the game except lag and Dome (terrible map). In some instances u kill enemies quickly(normally) and in some you cant kill with half a clip into the head. Visually it looks better than MW2, Black Ops no doubt about it. I like how most of the maps look which is first for me in a COD game. Redesigned look of M4 and other weapons also a huge plus, love it.

CozMick

Banned
rapid32.5 said:
Played a bit on PS3 stopped at level 25, so far I like the game except lag and Dome (terrible map). In some instances u kill enemies quickly(normally) and in some you cant kill with half a clip into the head. Visually it looks better than MW2, Black Ops no doubt about it. I like how most of the maps look which is first for me in a COD game.

There was no question it would look better than Blops, nasty nasty color pallete, but MW2? FUCK YEAH!!

henhowc said:
At least they dropped the price? lol

I already paid like 35 bucks for it, but still they have never required a signature before. Says it was a special request too. I'll just pick it up at Best Buy and return my Amazon copy to them because I won't be home all day.

rapid32.5

CozMick said:
There was no question it would look better than Blops, nasty nasty color pallete, but MW2? FUCK YEAH!!
No worries if you liked MW2 and COD4 color palette, both fused and you have one beautiful baby.

iNvid02

why does the 2xpmw3 site only have gamertag support, i changed platform to ps3 but it doesn't say enter PSN, its still asking for gamertag. the fuck

Tonza

I wasn't going to buy this but caved in last night. Just played my first game and it was pretty fun. The game looks weird though... like smeared with grease. (PC with 2560x1440 resolution)

mxgt

Banned
Tonza said:
I wasn't going to buy this but caved in last night. Just played my first game and it was pretty fun. The game looks weird though... like smeared with grease. (PC with 2560x1440 resolution)

Yeah it's pretty low res all around, even though everything is on 'extra', heh.

Stantron

samus4ever said:
Thanks for screwing me Amazon. Signature required for delivery?
Shit. Where are you reading this? Or did you already miss the delivery because of this? I don't see any indication on the Amazon accounts page or item shipping page.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Jeff-DSA said:
My goodness, they need to rebalance things ASAP. Guns do way too much damage, the maps are way too small

This, maps are way too small, all of them, this shit is ridiculous, and the respawns are weird sometimes. And yeah too much damage all around.

Just out of curiousity... I posted this in the Wii thread:

This is a strange one, but I noticed that when running and jumping, if you whip your cursor all the way to the side of the screen, the game no longer behaves like Blops. It used to allow you to spin around really fast in mid-air and was a good way to spin around corners.

Now, when running and jumping, you can't turn around quickly until you almost hit the ground. Not sure if this is a Wii-only thing or just a difference between Blops and MW3. It's not good or bad. It just is worth noting.

I was wondering if this is just a Wii thing? Or is it true for MW3 across all platforms?

def sim

Freezie KO said:
Just out of curiousity... I posted this in the Wii thread:

I was wondering if this is just a Wii thing? Or is it true for MW3 across all platforms?

The way the Wii does shooters isn't very much like the 360/PS3 so I doubt this would be the case. Increasing the sensitivity on non-Wii CoD's allows players to turn really fast no matter what.

rance said:
The way the Wii does shooters isn't very much like the 360/PS3 so I doubt this would be the case. Increasing the sensitivity on non-Wii CoD's allows players to turn really fast no matter what.

You can turn really fast on Wii, just not in mid-air. Although that wasn't true for Black Ops. You could turn really fast in mid-air on Blops, which is why I'm asking if this change is true for all platforms or if they just did that for Wii.

dc89

eravulgaris said:
This. Because Black ops ran like absolute shit.

So true. I remember the map set in the jungle, I thought it was lag at first but then I realised and felt totally robbed.

kneePat

Meisadragon said:
How's the PS3 version? Does it run well?

Activision mostly sent out 360 copies for reviews. So we'll know soon, but 360 is lead platform and historically has been better. Infinity Ward has handled the PS3 way better than Treyarch though.

From the few reviews I've seen, PS3 version is on par with the 360 version, so pick your controller/preferred console.

Zeal

Banned
god, this is so fun on 360. won't lie, i'm gonna pull an all nighter.

and i cannot believe how good this looks locked at 60fps. how did they pull this off. so smooth.

DarkChild

Banned
For 60fps game on old, updated id tech sure looks great. Lots of stuff happening all around you, yet it runs so smoothly. Great work IW&SHG.

def sim

Freezie KO said:
You can turn really fast on Wii, just not in mid-air. Although that wasn't true for Black Ops. You could turn really fast in mid-air on Blops, which is why I'm asking if this change is true for all platforms or if they just did that for Wii.

The Wii version has a cursor that you can move independently of the screen until you reach the edge right? The PS3/360 versions have a stationary cursor, just like the PC version, so if it had the problem that you are describing, believe me, everybody would be complaining. It would have a strange disconnect when jumping and would basically feel broken.

But hey, my copy doesn't arrive until later this afternoon so I might be wrong. Maybe someone who has it can chime in?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
kneePat said:
Activision mostly sent out 360 copies for reviews. So we'll know soon, but 360 is lead platform and historically has been better. Infinity Ward has handled the PS3 way better than Treyarch though.

From the few reviews I've seen, PS3 version is on par with the 360 version, so pick your controller/preferred console.
Hmm, thanks. I ended up buying it for the 360.

rance said:
The Wii version has a cursor that you can move independently of the screen until you reach the edge right? The PS3/360 versions have a stationary cursor, just like the PC version, so if it had the problem that you are describing, believe me, everybody would be complaining. It would have a strange disconnect when jumping and would basically feel broken.

But hey, my copy doesn't arrive until later this afternoon so I might be wrong. Maybe someone who has it can chime in?

The cursor moves independently of the screen, but it doesn't have to reach the edge of the screen to turn your view. There's an invisible "bounding box" in the center of your screen, and the cursor only has to hit the edge of the bounding box to turn your view. Also, the bounding box is fully customizable, so you can make it very small if you want.

Anyway, what I'm describing (jumping and turning fast in mid-air) was entirely possible on Black Ops Wii and now is not in MW3 Wii. It's not a Wii issue. If it was, then it wouldn't have been possible in the last game. I'm just curious if the change was only on the Wii edition of the game or if this is similar on PS3/360. And it's not really a "problem," it's just different handling.

hamchan

Dat 60fps sure feels good. Also I haven't noticed any problems with the PS3 version. Only played campaign though and I'm also not very good at noticing technical deficiencies.

DarkChild

Banned
I don't care what anyone says, this game is a beast. Really enjoying it. No more constant air strikes and man does that feel good. Shooting is satisfying and fun.

Top Bottom