• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

eek5 said:
It's pretty black and white for me.. when I'm the one 2 shotting people it is a ton of fun! When I'm the one getting 2 shotted it's complete bullshit :lol

Yep.

But it just feels like MW3 does everything possible to not make you succeed. Enemies spawning behind you, lack of choke points on maps and insane bullet damage are the worst culprits. But there are other issues too. It just seems very hard to consistently pull out big games.

I do like it though. Plus - I've played 63 games and haven't lost one yet! If only they showed W/L on the lobby leaderboard. :(

X-Frame

kneePat said:
For anyone on the fence:

$51.99 @ Amazon (360/PS3)

and a 25$ credit towards a 12 month Xbox live Gold code for 360 / a 10$ code for Turtle Beach MW3 headset for PS3

Sorry if this has been posted
It says the XBL code must be bought and used by 11/19 is that correct?

What if I have my current prepaid code expiring in January -- if I redeem the code will it just renew it from January or now?

def sim

X-Frame said:
It says the XBL code must be bought and used by 11/19 is that correct?

What if I have my current prepaid code expiring in January -- if I redeem the code will it just renew it from January or now?

Renew it from January.

Shearie

I don't plan on getting Premium Elite right away and I might want to get it sometime after the first DLC comes out and I was wondering if you still get the DLC packs that are already released even if you sign up afterwards?

Lost Soul

I have the ps3 version and it looks very drab, definitely looks and performs better than black ops but i remember mw2 looking better weird.

Dabanton

Just picked up my copy and currently installing to my 360. Looking forward to closing out this SP story then this evening some MP and maybe some Spec Ops.

ZeroRay

So how's the MP?

Better than MW2, COD4?

Always loved COD's core mechanics, but the bullshit in MW2 and Blops kinda burned me on the franchise for me.

Glassboy

I have to say after playing about 4 hours of the game, I'm not liking it at all. The damage seems fucking insane (dying fast) and the spawns don't help that either. One shot anywhere on the body sniping is back and it is annoying as hell. None of the maps stood out to me as being fun. I'm very disappointed :(

Kyoufu

ZeroRay said:
So how's the MP?

Better than MW2, COD4?

Always loved COD's core mechanics, but the bullshit in MW2 and Blops kinda burned me on the franchise for me.

Black Ops had bullshit? Like what? Felt like a pretty standard game to me, though I got bored with it fast.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried redeeming my Founder card on the website and I get an Error 500. Anyone know what the issue is? Can I redeem my Elite membership before signing up for Founder status? Or should I wait?

Moofers

I have to know: Does Ghost come back? I'm not holding my breath, but I was thinking that'd be about the only story thing that could make me play the campaign.

JB1981

Veins said:
Played a round of MP on PS3.

Graphics level is unchanged from MW2.
I was getting a lot of stuttering, random single frame drops :/
I noticed I was the host when I quit, maybe that was it?

The map I played on was extremely very small. Like a sixth of the size of Favela or something maybe even an eighth. It was like 2 buildings.

Guns seem to kill in 2 shots. There is no way you can recover or hide after someone starts shooting.

Will play more.
I noticed this from the YouTube vids posted earlier. It's like you tap someone and they die, go too fast

Rourkey

So father bought this for me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago but a) ordered it for his own address and b) gave them a credit card that expired at the end of October so now i'm looking at Thursday.

If anyone wished to adopt a 32 year old please let me know.

ZeroRay

Kyoufu said:
Black Ops had bullshit? Like what? Felt like a pretty standard game to me, though I got bored with it fast.

At launch the spawn system was pretty terrible and the framerate bad on PS3. In terms of actual balancing, it was better than MW2.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seems like most are going to enjoy this a lot. And some are seeing the changes made as not so good. It's CoD alright. Flawed but enjoyable, ike BF3 :p

Wow the difference between SMGs and ARs is actually quite big. ARs are a shit to maneuver in a tight space, particularly against a UMP or something.

Enordash

I am irrationally hyped for this game. I was so calm about it until yesterday. Managed to snag a Hardened edition by running into Target as it opened. They had one! Score. How will I possibly get through work today. It's going to be a long one.

MarshMellow96 said:
Wow the difference between SMGs and ARs is actually quite big. ARs are a shit to maneuver in a tight space, particularly against a UMP or something.

This is a good point and something that I appreciate. Assault rifles aren't overly viable everywhere anymore - if you're using one, you need to choose the right spots. A lot of these maps are filled with tight corridors in which SMGs tear up.

But bring a UMP into something more long-range ala Village and you're a goner. There's a greater balance here than, say, Black Ops where most interiors were large enough for assault rifles to remain deadly.

Angry Fork

Angry Fork said:
Have a few questions now that more people have the game.

1. Is every gun pretty much one shot kill in hardcore mode? If that's the case then is there a point to sniping?

2. How is hardcore search and destroy? Is it better or worse than COD4 in terms of noob tube abusers, campers etc. and the like?

3. How would you compare the map balance to COD4? Are the maps typically balanced for all classes or are there some ONLY for machine gunners and some only for snipers.
Re-quoting for an opinion on this. I'm getting the game later today but I'm just interested from people who've played it a while now.

Basically I want it to have similar balance in maps/weaponry as COD4, but without the noob tube abuse. Noob tubes are the only thing that killed COD4 for me, it was unplayable eventually.

eek5

Angry Fork said:
Re-quoting for an opinion on this. I'm getting the game later today but I'm just interested from people who've played it a while now.

Basically I want it to have similar balance in maps/weaponry as COD4, but without the noob tube abuse. Noob tubes are the only thing that killed COD4 for me, it was unplayable eventually.
Hardcore has always been awful at gun balance. I mean you only have 30 health and most guns deal at least 30 dmg close range with exception of a few. I think in BLOPS there were only like 5 guns that weren't OHK

_Alkaline_ said:
This is a good point and something that I appreciate. Assault rifles aren't overly viable everywhere anymore - if you're using one, you need to choose the right spots. A lot of these maps are filled with tight corridors in which SMGs tear up.

But bring a UMP into something more long-range ala Village and you're a goner. There's a greater balance here than, say, Black Ops where most interiors were large enough for assault rifles to remain deadly.

Thats awesome to hear. Thats definitely one thing that bothered me in recent CoD titles, especially in BLOPS.

Kyoufu

Radec said:
any ps3 users here got the double exp from downloading elite app?

Nope, just the pre-order bonus I got.

The netcode is so good. I don't know if the game connects to players outside of the UK but wow, such a different experience than Black Ops.

Mastadon

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Nope, just the pre-order bonus I got.

The netcode is so good. I don't know if the game connects to players outside of the UK but wow, such a different experience than Black Ops.
Awesome news, that was my main complaint with Blops. Just under two hours till I can pick up the game. Longest day at work ever!

Glassboy said:
I have to say after playing about 4 hours of the game, I'm not liking it at all. The damage seems fucking insane (dying fast) and the spawns don't help that either. One shot anywhere on the body sniping is back and it is annoying as hell. None of the maps stood out to me as being fun. I'm very disappointed :(

There was an interview with robert bowling (someone from this site posted it, it was in their house) where he said they raised the hit damage. Why would you do that i have no idea. MW2 already had a rediculously high damage.

Everybody likes to hate on treyarch but at least they tried to balance their COD better. They reduced the hit damage in BO so you don't die so damn fast.

Rainy Dog

Veins said:
Yeah I think it must have been. Next game seemed fine.

Colours are very washed out on PS3 it seems.

Have you adjusted the ingame Brightness setting in the menu's? When it says to adjust so that a certain letter/box/shape is barely visible, it means just that; barely. Otherwise your gamma will be out of whack and the image will be flat and washed out.

In MW2 I had to nudge it down a good few notches on my calibrated telly, Blops had to go all the way down to the bottom if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom