• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
When did grinding camos become a thing? I don't think I've ever cared about a camo before. I just use stock paint the entire time.

I’m almost done gettin gold on all the guns in mw 2022. Its great using all the weapons for variety and gives something to do in postgame for players who don’t care about Warzone, Zombies, or Ranked play.

hinch7

Anyone else getting crazy lag spikes? Makes it unplayable.

There was a new Nvidia driver update and MW3 update, just today. Playing on Steam and a RTX 4000 GPU.

calistan

Your entire post is just old man yelling at cloud energy, but the most surprising thing is that you somehow managed to play CoD for all these years but you never saw the thermal sights/scopes before.
It wasn’t a thermal scope, it was some sort of flame / electricity effect around the edge of the actual scope and on the gun, and it set the target (me) on fire with the same effect while playing some moronic sound sample. I know what I saw, dammit.

I know what I saw, dammit.
Uh Huh Yes GIF

BigLee74

Nope. I think TTK is too long in this after all. Frustrating getting 5 or 6 hit markers and still not putting them down. Game turns to shit after 9pm in the UK - you get dumped on US servers, and all the PC K&M players come out in force too.

Sigh. Not relaxing in the slightest!

twilo99

Gold Member
It totally isn't better than cold war lol

I’m gonna guess that most people who voted on there are more on the competitive side of things so maybe that had an effect.

I’m surprised they didn’t include 2019 because that would’ve probably won

jorgejjvr

I’m gonna guess that most people who voted on there are more on the competitive side of things so maybe that had an effect.

I’m surprised they didn’t include 2019 because that would’ve probably won
I think cold war beats all the new MW and of course vanguard. But I'm biased towards Treyarch lol. Only studio to which I haven't skipped a game, they haven't missed for me

Gameplay for MW3 is the best in years. The problem is SBMM and this stupid armour unlocks that make people quit games is destroying whatever they are doing. I miss starting games from 0 as I just get constantly thrown into games that have already started and you are down because people quit

Little Mac

Gold Member
Considering buying a ps5. Should I get the mw3 bundle? I’m not big into competitive shooters but love single player and co-op modes. I’d get the Spider-Man 2 bundle but I want to play the first two Spider-Man games first before I play the latest game.

MikeM

Gold Member
Considering buying a ps5. Should I get the mw3 bundle? I’m not big into competitive shooters but love single player and co-op modes. I’d get the Spider-Man 2 bundle but I want to play the first two Spider-Man games first before I play the latest game.
If you plan on getting Spiderman 2 at some point, might as well do it now.

MW3 co-op modes are fine. Campaign is short and meh from the reviews.

Crew511A

Microsoft curse?

More like the COD curse. We're all going to complain about MW3, but it will still be one of the best selling games of the year, if not THE best selling game of the year. As a long time fan of the franchise, it frustrates me, but just like EA continues to release broken Madden games every year and still rakes in the cash, so does Activision.

Go for it! I find the length of mw3 campaign to be a total sham but I'm not going to deny there's still fun to be had. Graphics are probably really good too (though MW2 on ps5 had aliasing and fsr2 artifacts galore).

Btw does anyone know if MW3 suffers from artifacts and aliasing the way MW2 did on ps5?

Justin9mm

Nope. I think TTK is too long in this after all. Frustrating getting 5 or 6 hit markers and still not putting them down. Game turns to shit after 9pm in the UK - you get dumped on US servers, and all the PC K&M players come out in force too.

Sigh. Not relaxing in the slightest!
I think the increased TTK makes for more fun and skilled firefights especially at distance, which the new TTK is one of things ppl like most about this one. One thing I have a problem with, is there seem to be a lot more snipers with these maps. It's getting ridiculous!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Via IGN / NXG:

PS5/SX mostly identical with SX having a 12~ % advantage in performance in the 120hz mode. (105 vs 118 FPS example given)
Series S has dips in both modes and VRR is almost-necessary for consistency.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
Are there any attachments to increase fire rate?

I don’t think so

Via IGN / NXG:

PS5/SX mostly identical with SX having a 12~ % advantage in performance in the 120hz mode. (105 vs 118 FPS example given)
Series S has dips in both modes and VRR is almost-necessary for consistency.

I've had to rely on VRR on my PC for any of the big maps as well.. MP maps is not an issue, but Warzone and Zombies bring down my FPS bellow my monitor spec so VRR works well there.

The PS5 should be benefiting from that as well

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So MP good again or what haha i kept hearing it was crap and challenges werent tracking
They seem to have fixed the challenges not tracking and it only seemed to affect a very small part of the players of which I was one

I think MP is fun just wish they would get rid of SBMM in the casual play list

If someone remotely enjoyed MW2 (last years game) but wanted a little faster movement they will enjoy this game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
+ Actually good maps and a ton of little "fixes" in comparison to MW2. MW3 is by far superior to MW2 in almost every category except the campaign.
Agreed as I do really enjoy most of the maps and love map voting because there are a couple of maps I don't like because of their size for 6 v 6 so if one of those pop up I just back out

splattered

Sounds like all good stuff! At least like the aesthetics of the new maps.... Ok I think I'll finally jump into MP this weekend. I should have my Necro in D4 to level 100 today or tomorrow so I'll pivot to this after Im done.

Top Bottom