• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Gerdav

Man, I swear some players care WAY too much about their K/D, it's annoying.

In a Domination match I played yesterday I warned my team they someone was camping near a staircase on outside. A teammate's response was to bring up the fact I had 5 kills, and that I won't do any better than that. My reply was, "Well, yeah, I'm also focusing on captures rather than caring about my K/D."

I legit feel like that mindset is getting worse. A lot of the time, instead of pushing on Domination, people just lean back and focus on kills. Well, and their attempt to not die. It's silly IMO.

Mute to only your party or if on Xbox set the system wide voice setting to friends only is your friend, absolutely no randoms on any COD does any form of team work so subjecting yourself to what is 99.999999999999% of the time a screaming K/D obsessed and unfortunately a large chunk of the time big man wanabee online racist halfwit is nothing more than a cruel form of self harm for you to endure becuase all the decent players are in party chat or have muted everyone else themselve.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Mute to only your party or if on Xbox set the system wide voice setting to friends only is your friend, absolutely no randoms on any COD does any form of team work so subjecting yourself to what is 99.999999999999% of the time a screaming K/D obsessed and unfortunately a large chunk of the time big man wanabee online racist halfwit is nothing more than a cruel form of self harm for you to endure becuase all the decent players are in party chat or have muted everyone else themselve.
Oh yeah dude, that's honestly how I've played COD since... I think MW2? Lmao. On the 360 I'd plug my headset in, and put it on the floor, haha. I'd only use VOIP when in groups with friends. I thought this particular situation was interesting as I typed the warning, and the dude replied back via text. Lol.

Also yeah, it's unfortunate, and it's why I always say COD is a guilty pleasure, haha. It's still hilarious and sad hearing full grown men throwing hissy fits.

Geki-D

Banned
So if you want to play Shoothouse all the time, you also have to suffer Shitment? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Why do they hate the community so much?
Shipment reminds me of a custom made TimeSplitters map, but when you forgot to make more than one spawn point and all the bots spawn on top of one another.

Seriously, how is this map actually a thing in a AAA game?

I clicked on the link above to see what people's reactions were (expecting a lot of abuse). Surprisingly, a lot of people are simply gushing about being able to play Shitment over and over. Bizarre.

Kagey K

Banned
Christmas noob day is here. Always my favorite day of the year. Hopefully the SBMM doesn’t mess with my fun too much. I don’t want to get sweaty on Xmas.

I hopped in that shitty playlist to play shoothouse but ended getting shipment. I dropped 87 kills🤣

That's not fair 😥😪 🤣🤣🤣

I'm surprised you were able to stomach being even at the pre-launch lobby. If I see anything "shi" along those lines when map qs up , I'm out this bish like there's no tomorrow 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤣

VFXVeteran

Banned
I've decided to put the MP down on this game. I tried Gunfight for several hours and realize that there are some games that people just aren't going to be good at. My reflexes and control in this game is nowhere near even the tiniest of players in this game. I just don't have it. Period. It's a sad shame because I love the game's mechanics and wish the knife fighting was in the single player aspect of the game. In any case, I'll just stick to Coop or SP mode.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Last edited:
I've decided to put the MP down on this game. I tried Gunfight for several hours and realize that there are some games that people just aren't going to be good at. My reflexes and control in this game is nowhere near even the tiniest of players in this game. I just don't have it. Period. It's a sad shame because I love the game's mechanics and wish the knife fighting was in the single player aspect of the game. In any case, I'll just stick to Coop or SP mode.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I might've missed some of your posts, but since you decided its kinna a last resort for you, can you just find a cozy spot and camp by picking out fools ? Games too damn good to call it quits..best COD since OG modern warfare.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I might've missed some of your posts, but since you decided its kinna a last resort for you, can you just find a cozy spot and camp by picking out fools ? Games too damn good to call it quits..best COD since OG modern warfare.

I know man. And it hurts. It just seems like the action moves so fast for me and then when I see the replay, I'm floored at how I stood still or got into an opening. It just is crazy how bad my reflexes are.

waylo

Banned
The fact that SO many fucking people in this game play every mode like it's TDM makes my brain hurt. TDM exists, go fucking play it if you just want to sit somewhere and do absolutely nothing but shoot once or twice in a 20 minute game. Why are you playing Hardpoint? Fucking 20 minute game and you have a total of three seconds of cap time while I'm out here with three minutes on the point busting my ass running from point to point just so we can lose because you're literal dead weight.

Also, big ups to the idiot dev who thought it would be a good idea to spawn enemies BEHIND YOU on points BEING CAPPED on Shipment. A+.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Oh it’s going to. I’m sorry
Well you were right it did. Every match was just as sweaty as before, To compound things I got the Elite series 2 for Xmas and I’m still trying to get used to the sensitivity on it vs the original elite.

Infinity Ward ruined Xmas. How am I supposed to teach these noobs to git gud if I’m not killing them all willy nilly non stop? 😉

Mista

Banned
Please tell me it's not just the East Coast, this bish ass game lagging in every damn lobby? Servers getting hammered for everyone else aswell?
I saw someone last night running around like the flash. I assumed he’s hacking but he wasn’t because I observed him on each killcam. I assumed it’s the lag because even the bullets weren’t registering well

I saw someone last night running around like the flash. I assumed he’s hacking but he wasn’t because I observed him on each killcam. I assumed it’s the lag because even the bullets weren’t registering well

It's back to butter, prolly just couple of lobby's were acting up..it was surreal, choppy as hell like watching a slide show 😯😮

Nizz

So no one else is constantly getting disconnected on PS4? I had to stop playing the game last night because it was constantly happening. Been happening for like the last week honestly. I would hop online, would get maybe about a half hour in and suddenly I feel it. My character is moving but I can't move my gun, then the message "disconnected from server" or something to that effect.

Last night, my first damn match and it happened right away. It's like when I get disconnected from the game it lags my actual PS4 connection. I go to the game menu screen, I hit the PS home button to the XMB, hit test connection and everything goes well. Go back to the game and things are ok for a bit but then I get disconnected again and again.

It's really fucking frustrating and feel like I'm the only one experiencing this. All in all, I'm digging the game and bought the $10 battle pass and was excited to take advantage of the double xp going on right now but with all the disconnects it's getting really annoying. Didn't have problems like this at launch, now it's a constant thing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Anyone here play DOM alsmot exclusively? My buddy and I play DOM 90 percent of the time and throw in some KC and Crank. WOuldn't mind always having some competent peeps to add to the team.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
New record bois!
2-F28-E564-4-C6-D-4049-8-BF7-1380-D9-E2-B761.jpg

Just got the game on sale because a few of my friends play it and I'd like to hop on with them from time to time. About how many hours does it take to level to the max once? Or at least level enough to fill out a few good loadouts?

Mista

Banned
Just got the game on sale because a few of my friends play it and I'd like to hop on with them from time to time. About how many hours does it take to level to the max once? Or at least level enough to fill out a few good loadouts?
Before season 1 it was 10k XP per level. Now after introducing season 1, they stealth doubled the XP that you need to level. In this one you need to level the weapons if you wanna make a good loadout. Your account level won’t give you much but will give you challenges to finish for more XP

Holy smokes. Just played some Shipment for the first time. First few games didn't go too badly on Hardpoint. Then played Domination. What an absolute cluster fuck of a thing. If the other team gets B you are fucked. Our team got absolutely slaughtered. Spawn, Insta-death, spawn, Insta-death - repeat. What the fuck is up with the spawns?

Some guy on there team ended up with 120 kills and I had 63 deaths. What a great experience! /s :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kagey K

Banned
Can someone explain the Battle Pass to me? And can you unlock emblems and calling cards without it? Thanks.
You buy it, it gives you stuff as you level. It’s really that simple.

Yes you can unlock emblems and calling cards while you play normally. Just go to the barracks and select the challenge you want.

Last edited:

Yoda

Finally picked this up, easily the best feeling gun-play of any CoD (honestly it could be the best of any fps, but I'm not ready to make a claim like that just yet, certinaly the best "military" fps). The single-player was great in terms of variety, passable for length and writing. For multiplayer, I'm roughly rank 35 and my main issue would be the map design. I haven't played CoD seriously since the original Black Ops and some of the maps feel off for a game with such low ttk. Thinking back, despite the maps from last gen being smaller, I think they also had less options in terms of how to get around the map. I'm not sure if this is actually a negative as I may simply have not have adjusted yet, but I've found a few maps force players into "lanes" (Rammaza) and these feels less chaotic/random in most modes.

You buy it, it gives you stuff as you level. It’s really that simple.

Yes you can unlock emblems and calling cards while you play normally. Just go to the barracks and select the challenge you want.

If you get the Battle Pass after you've passed up some of the tier items, do you automatically get those?

Top Bottom