• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Kagey K

Banned

I actually haven’t got a chance to play vacant yet, it hasn’t come up while I’ve been playing, but I feel like he’s fairly accurate about how chaotic Shipment plays. I’m not sure if he’s correct that angling the containers could fix it, in fact I’m not sure anything can fix it, but something needs to be done with it.

Its just not fun in its current state.

Shmunter

I actually haven’t got a chance to play vacant yet, it hasn’t come up while I’ve been playing, but I feel like he’s fairly accurate about how chaotic Shipment plays. I’m not sure if he’s correct that angling the containers could fix it, in fact I’m not sure anything can fix it, but something needs to be done with it.

Its just not fun in its current state.
The whole map is a joke. Always has been. At least for my taste.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The whole map is a joke. Always has been. At least for my taste.
Shipment was an old map for CoD 4 or MW 2 right? I forget. Bt I remember it could only be played in certain modes. I played TDM and know it wasn't in that map rotation.

I used to play those games a lot and never touched that map. Looked like a clusterfuck map.

GreatnessRD

I played for a few hours again tonight and still haven’t seen vacant. WTF.
Really? What modes do you play? I've seen it in heavy rotation with TDM and Hardcore TDM. I've seen Shipment twice, but I'm not playing that trash. It was garbage in 2007, 2017 when WWI brought back and its garbage today.

Is it still worth getting the Season/Battle Pass thingy? I hate that it's a timed thing...
I mean... if you like the game, I don't see why not. And if you play it enough. I can't stomach this game for too long, but I play it so I won't feel burned out of $60.

Kagey K

Banned
Really? What modes do you play? I've seen it in heavy rotation with TDM and Hardcore TDM. I've seen Shipment twice, but I'm not playing that trash. It was garbage in 2007, 2017 when WWI brought back and its garbage today.

I mean... if you like the game, I don't see why not. And if you play it enough. I can't stomach this game for too long, but I play it so I won't feel burned out of $60.
TDM 6 v 6 and 10 v 10.

Mista

Banned
Is it still worth getting the Season/Battle Pass thingy? I hate that it's a timed thing...
If you like the game yes. It gives you purpose to play more and unlock cosmetics. The two new free guns are free so even without buying the pass you’ll get them. As for me I don’t mind the pass and bought it myself. I always love playing for a purpose

GenericUser

played shipment the other day. I had to boot up mw remastered to see if this map was always this fucked, nope, only in MW 2019. Man, I had such high hopes for MW 2019, how did they fuck it up this bad? How is it possible to develop a BAD modern warfare game.

played shipment the other day. I had to boot up mw remastered to see if this map was always this fucked, nope, only in MW 2019. Man, I had such high hopes for MW 2019, how did they fuck it up this bad? How is it possible to develop a BAD modern warfare game.
Simple. You make Ghosts 2 and slap the Modern Warfare name on it to increase sales.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Why does this game seem to require an update every f’ing day?

EDIT; I mean, several times a day. Second third reboot today due to update

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Is it me or after the update I'm getting major lag, frozen screens, rubber banding, teleporting, etc it's really bad.
I'm on PS4 BTW and none of this was happening before. Shit is becoming unplayable.

Shipment is probably the worst map id never want back. Dont know why the hype for it, it was always a shit show and never about skill. You literally spawn inside a container that has 2 other guys from opposing team already inside. You spawn, you die.
If I see that 💩 que up in the lobby, I back tha @#$% out. Win Win 🤝🤜🤛

So, my brother wants to play alongside me online on Modern Warfare. I've noticed he can do some things like rank up and change calling cards, but he was having issues with changing operators, accessing the free battle pass items, etc. What can he do and what can't he do while playing as my secondary online? Does he need PS Plus to access all of the features?

Last edited:
So what is Call of duty's equivalent of Battlefield's game mode ? I played lot of conquest and rush in BF3....but i cant seem to find a mode that i can settle in MW. Am i missing something guys ?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
So what is Battlefield's game mode equivalent call of duty ? I played lot of conquest and rush in BF3....but i cant seem to find a mode that i can settle in MW. Am i missing something guys ?
Ground war is meant to be conquest; loads of players, objective is to capture points on a massive map. IMO the games play nothing alike though, so they're not the same. BF has more imprecise, slower weapons that demand a bit more skill and thinking. In CoD you stick your head out for more then 2 secs are you're getting sniped from across the map by an MP5. Never play GW myself, I think it's dogshit and I loved conquest in BF.

Nothing is like Rush in MW.

dcll

Banned
I haven't played a Cod in years, is it still.the same formula(single player) of go into an area with waves of enemies?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Shipment is probably the worst map id never want back. Dont know why the hype for it, it was always a shit show and never about skill. You literally spawn inside a container that has 2 other guys from opposing team already inside. You spawn, you die.
This X100. I have seen people saying that they never got spawn killed as much as they did when it was in other CoD games and that's straight BS. I remember in Cod4 literally watching my own body fall over at times.

Mista

Banned
Fresh off new maps and Special Ops experiences in the latest update to Season One, the Holidays from Modern Warfare continue with an epic new limited time Gunfight game mode – Snowfight and the debut of Drop Zone for standard Multiplayer. Both new modes will be available on December 24 at 10AM PT until December 31 at 10AM PT.

In celebration of the Holidays, global Double XP and Double Tier earn rate will be active on December 24 at 10 AM PT! Raise your rank and accelerate your tier progression during this event until December 27 at 10AM PT. Following this, there will be a tier sale for those looking to make even further progress on the Battle Pass.

AGB_MW_Snowfight_TOUT.jpg

Available on the Holiday-themed map Winter Docks, grab a partner and enjoy a classic snowball fight in this new game mode, Snowfight. Players will have only snowballs instead of weapons to eliminate their opponents.

AGB_Drop_Zone_Tout.jpg

Drop Zone comes to Modern Warfare with its distinct objective play that rewards players even more than standard game modes for playing the objective. The only way to earn Killstreaks is by continually holding the drop zone to have a Care Package delivered to your location.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Basically bottom line. I suck at this game horribly. I'm always last place with like 0-12 or 3-17, etc.. I try to switch between guns and it doesn't matter. Going from controller to mouse+kb makes no difference. When I watch the playbacks, it's unnerving to see how long I stay in someone's crosshairs. I only play Kill Confirmed and Coop. I have been trying to get better over and over again but it doesn't seem to help. I want to be good at this game but don't know how. Any advice other than just uninstall the game?

Basically bottom line. I suck at this game horribly. I'm always last place with like 0-12 or 3-17, etc.. I try to switch between guns and it doesn't matter. Going from controller to mouse+kb makes no difference. When I watch the playbacks, it's unnerving to see how long I stay in someone's crosshairs. I only play Kill Confirmed and Coop. I have been trying to get better over and over again but it doesn't seem to help. I want to be good at this game but don't know how. Any advice other than just uninstall the game?
Im no cod vet but I’ve definitie been playing bf and arma for along time. You just need to peek a lot before making a move. You just need to up that frequency more. Keep yourself at the edge of the map and find angles that gives you a wider shot opportunity. But even with that you still get shot and that’s cod for you. But this should help up you kd.

I would suggest picking Gunfight until you get the feel for the game. It's a slower, more measured game mode and you don't have to worry about getting shot from 47 different angles every time you spawn in. It'll give you good experience with the various types of guns and you should unlock a good lot of attachments along the way. After you get used the shooting then it's mostly about learning the maps, which, in this game is particularly brutal given how geared towards camping they are. Also, don't run about in the open if you can at all help it. Never stray too far from cover.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I would suggest picking Gunfight until you get the feel for the game. It's a slower, more measured game mode and you don't have to worry about getting shot from 47 different angles every time you spawn in. It'll give you good experience with the various types of guns and you should unlock a good lot of attachments along the way. After you get used the shooting then it's mostly about learning the maps, which, in this game is particularly brutal given how geared towards camping they are. Also, don't run about in the open if you can at all help it. Never stray too far from cover.

That's one of my problems. I'm a knife dude. I love melee and wouldn't even be playing the game if they didn't have it in. I just use it way too much. When I get frustrated with holding aim or when I'm seen for several ms before I shoot, I get very discouraged and I immediately go for my knife and start bum-rushing people to get the 1-hit kill. Needless to say, I drop and respawn almost instantly. However, on those few occasions that I do strike a knife kill, I'm in heaven. The 2 - 15 kill/death ratio doesn't seem so bad then...

I'll try the Gunfight mode tonight and see if that is any better.

This 100%
Map is hot trash, and back in the day was just throw triple frags in different directions and sprint with the MP5/P90. Not sure how anybody actually enjoys that map or ever did.

Vacant is much better but still not on the top of my list of old maps they could bring back. If I would pick any map like those I would pick Wet Work. At least we got Crash, but gimme Afghan, Pipeline, High Rise, Terminal, and Derail.

PSYGN

That's one of my problems. I'm a knife dude. I love melee and wouldn't even be playing the game if they didn't have it in. I just use it way too much. When I get frustrated with holding aim or when I'm seen for several ms before I shoot, I get very discouraged and I immediately go for my knife and start bum-rushing people to get the 1-hit kill. Needless to say, I drop and respawn almost instantly. However, on those few occasions that I do strike a knife kill, I'm in heaven. The 2 - 15 kill/death ratio doesn't seem so bad then...

Well there's your problem, you're literally bringing a knife to a gunfight :messenger_tears_of_joy:. If you want to get statistically better you will have to break that habit. However, there's a niche of players that only run around with knives if that's your thing, and if that's the case you'll be breaking average at best compared to your fellow gun users on your best games.

If you want to get better you should upload a gameplay for critique. CoD favors map awareness and snap accuracy, and not so much the follow through since if you snap on target and shoot first they're likely dead before they can make a move.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Well there's your problem, you're literally bringing a knife to a gunfight :messenger_tears_of_joy:. If you want to get statistically better you will have to break that habit. However, there's a niche of players that only run around with knives if that's your thing, and if that's the case you'll be breaking average at best compared to your fellow gun users on your best games.

If you want to get better you should upload a gameplay for critique. CoD favors map awareness and snap accuracy, and not so much the follow through since if you snap on target and shoot first they're likely dead before they can make a move.

Is there a special map to just fight with knife? Also, I want to be able to pull out the knife when I see someone that doesn't see me. The problem is I'm seen by someone else. Makes having the knife not even worth the time developing on. Also, I can't seem to mesh well with ANY gun. The assault rifles kick too much for me and I miss ALOT! The rifle makes me move too slowly. The shotgun - I'm dead before I get close. The sniper rifle - can't find any spots and I can't focus on a character as they are always running around (yet I get sniped a LOT). Basically horrible at the game.

Geki-D

Banned
Any advice other than just uninstall the game?
Forget winning, forget being the best, forget even doing decently. Fix your goals as ranking up, advancing battlepass to the next free thing, leveling your weapons, unlocking weapon camos, doing daily challenges and doing the main challenges (though admittingly most of them are pretty insane and demanding).

I'm a pretty middling player myself but I don't aim to be the best. Sure, being good advances those things faster but even if you're dogshit, you'll still slowly meet those goals. Honestly, if there weren't unlocks in this game, I'd have stopped ages ago.

The game just isn't set up to cater to your style of play. Running around will get you killed. If you insist on knifing use the riot shield. You'll drive players mad.

MiguelItUp

Man, I swear some players care WAY too much about their K/D, it's annoying.

In a Domination match I played yesterday I warned my team they someone was camping near a staircase on outside. A teammate's response was to bring up the fact I had 5 kills, and that I won't do any better than that. My reply was, "Well, yeah, I'm also focusing on captures rather than caring about my K/D."

I legit feel like that mindset is getting worse. A lot of the time, instead of pushing on Domination, people just lean back and focus on kills. Well, and their attempt to not die. It's silly IMO.

Mista

Banned
I’ve been dropping bodies left and right with the MK2 Carbine. No more Kar98 for me since the MK2 can do the same job with a higher fire rate

Kagey K

Banned
I’ve been dropping bodies left and right with the MK2 Carbine. No more Kar98 for me since the MK2 can do the same job with a higher fire rate
Somebody wrecked my team with the MK2 last night on shoothouse. Dude was one shotting everyone he came across. I’ll be honest I was rather impressed.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Somebody wrecked my team with the MK2 last night on shoothouse. Dude was one shotting everyone he came across. I’ll be honest I was rather impressed.
My buddy uses that gun when he starts doing poorly simply because he can just wreck with it. I don't understand how lol. I can't get a single kill with it.

Top Bottom