• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger |OT| It's your huckleberry

Sheppard

6qs5Q.gif

Christ, even the sawn off looks like RAGE's sawn off. lol

You gave me my first Chow Yun Fat. My day, nay, life is complete.

So they will release the soundtrack yes?

Tokubetsu

Yeah, someone forgot to tell the guy that scored this that he was working on a budget title lol. He went above and beyond the call of duty.

Andrew.

Banned
Curly Bill is a bastard. This is a tough ass fight. Too bad there's no invincible Kurt Russell mode where you just storm through a creek and blow him away screaming "Nooo".

edit: Nevermind. Just hide out where the ammo stash is. Perfect old school feeling bossy goodness.

neoenigma isn't capable of enjoying games for the game, he has to be able to take hudless freecam screenshots of it or he has a seizure or something.

No. I don't like it in the GAME. It makes the screen space feel all the more cramped. I can't imagine how they thought that was a good idea and decided to make it non-optional.

I can crop it out of screenshots easily enough (I've already done so) but I don't like playing with it there. I kept waiting and waiting for it to go away as if it was only there for some story-telling mechanic... but it stays.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been playing going on an hour so far. I know it may be pretty short but I'm really enjoying it. The gunplay is really fun, the voice acting in the narration is great, the music is awesome (I think I heard a Morricone-esque rift just now), and the graphics look good.

Some stuff could be better, like an option to change the FOV or turn the border off, but I'm quite happy with the purchase so far.

KePoW

Banned
Only played 30 mins so far, but it's really fun for a $15 game!

I really like the graphics for a low-budget game, looks very nice. Does anyone know how to turn on AA though?

Also anyone know if there's a headbob setting in a cfg file? I would like to turn it off.

But definitely a fun game for what it is.

Downloading the demo right now. I know Red Dead and this are like apples and oranges but I really hope this could quench my thirst for a good Western game and fill the void left by RDR.

The Rock Paper Shotgun review is quite positive, sounds like a fun arcade shooter.

Feindflug

I didn't actually play Singularity nor Bound In Blood, I just said that one reminded me of the other. Don't give too much value to my judgement.

Well then you should play both games, you can find them really cheap and they're so much fun. :p

Downloading the demo on 360 now btw, really curious to see and feel all dat gunplay.

The demo was really nice. But as I'm in the middle of Bioshock Infinite right now I'll buy it when I'm finished with that. The storytelling really fits the setting.

Can someone please explain to me in what way I'm being retarded, not getting the game to download on Uplay?

I pre-ordered it on Uplay a while ago. Got an e-mail yesterday saying the product is available, along with an activation key and a download link.
The link is just a link to a document called "dowload.txt", which when you open it reads "This is your game download" (thanks Ubi) and does nothing else.

I know Uplay is getting an overhaul today, and after that you can finally activate games using activation codes (amongst other things), but in the meanwhile, any suggestions on how I'm supposed to download the game?

inb4 I'm retarded for using Uplay

Andrew.

Banned
Can someone please explain to me in what way I'm being retarded, not getting the game to download on Uplay?

I pre-ordered it on Uplay a while ago. Got an e-mail yesterday saying the product is available, along with an activation key and a download link.
The link is just a link to a document called "dowload.txt", which when you open it reads "This is your game download" (thanks Ubi) and does nothing else.

I know Uplay is getting an overhaul today, and after that you can finally activate games using activation codes (amongst other things), but in the meanwhile, any suggestions on how I'm supposed to download the game?

inb4 I'm retarded for using Uplay

The game doesn't use/require UPlay

Andrew.

Banned
How long is it? I really like the graphics, and the demo was fun

Im hearing reports of 4-6 hours, but there's new game plus for replayability. No way will I have every skill unlocked by the time Im finished and I definitely want to run through again because I missed a Truth Nugget.

I'll be that guy and ask if there's an FOV fix floating around anywhere.

As soon as someone finds a way to crack open the data files, it will be easy. Why they went the extra mile to lock down a $15 title boggles my mind. You'd think they'd want more sales.... not less.

Bah, thought I figured out the SGSSAA bits but it's got that nasty visual line bug that Dead Island had. It looked so good too. :(

Downsampling.

Blizzard

Banned
Instantly regret buying this. The micro-stuttering in absolutely insane when playing with mouse and keyboard. My god this somehow passed the QA?
Are you playing with SLI? I'm not sure I noticed any stuttering with or without vsync aside from loading times in a new area or alt-tabbing. I'm also using mouse and keyboard. Could be I'm not sensitive enough to see it.

antitrop

How many missions are there? I think I practically finished this in one sitting yesterday afternoon, I was having so much fun with it.

I've been collecting screenshots of all the character intro title cards, I love their style. So far I have 8.

Zep

Banned
The PS3 version looks like shit. The enemies just blended in with the shittiness. Was pretty fun though, so I'm definitely getting the PC version.

Yeah, I really, really don't like the dueling in Gunslinger. I'm just no good at mini games where you have to delicately adjust both sticks while aiming with one trigger and firing with the other all at once, so those parts of the game are very tedious and frustrating to me. I'm dueling two outlaws at the same time right now and am pretty much ready to kick a hole in my television screen. The rest of the game is a blast, though.

r3n4ud

I preordered this sucker and eagerly waiting to play it. I'm still locked out of Steam until support clears my email address change so I can log the fuck in :/

Excited to play though!

DukeBobby

Yeah, I really, really don't like the dueling in Gunslinger. I'm just no good at mini games where you have to delicately adjust both sticks while aiming with one trigger and firing with the other all at once, so those parts of the game are very tedious and frustrating to me. I'm dueling two outlaws at the same time right now and am pretty much ready to kick a hole in my television screen. The rest of the game is a blast, though.

Yeah, the duelling isn't great, and I thought it was much better in Bound in Blood. Especially the first one in the rain.

Andrew.

Banned
I got my copy of Bound in Blood coming in on Saturday. Pretty stoked to check it out and ashamed I've put it off for so long.

Blizzard

Banned
How many missions are there? I think I practically finished this in one sitting yesterday afternoon, I was having so much fun with it.

I've been collecting screenshots of all the character intro title cards, I love their style. So far I have 8.
I loved the character intro puns too. "Cranky".

Good solid game. I would love to see more smaller self-contained games that you can beat in a couple of sittings. Dodging bullets never got old. The narration is a plus.

I cannot play this game on a K/B and mouse. The stutter is fucking annoying the shit out of me. So many headshots that I miss, Jesus. No problem on a pad. Other than that, the game is fun as hell, and the narrative flows so nice, kudos on that. Going to play some more and post pics as well.

lucius

I downloaded it off Live, it's really fun so far, I gave the first 2 games a chance when they had sales on the digital version and if you like those you should like this, never touched the Cartel game. Started on Hard seems about right for me and New Game+ means I will play this more than once, seems to be lots of decent upgrades. Perfect game you can quickly jump in and have some fun.

A couple of screen shots. I took more, but this are the best that I like. Downsample from 1440p, and also using SweetFX. Need to keep messing with the settings. But I'm really loving the look to the game so far.
i3yDSixMxI00a.bmp

i7OJyugLBP5lN.bmp

Xander51

This game is really fantastic, exactly what I wanted out of a sequel to Bound in Blood after the weird sidestep that was The Cartel. Really impressed at the quality for the price, I hope it sells well and they do another.

Top Bottom