• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, sorry guys. I wasn't reading the list and was looking at the used section.

Ended up buying Blacksite: Area 51 for $10 to try and go towards it until I realized that I was actually browsing the wrong section of the website.

Let's try to keep it out of the Deals thread. Every 3DS thread eventually degrades into it, so it's not too tough to find a place to discuss the subject. :p

If you're on the fence about the 3DS purchase, keep in mind that the system comes ready to transfer all your data over to a new 3DS if need be. If you end up buying a new system a year later, you won't have the fear you had with older Nintendo systems of not being able to transfer your data over without sending in the system.

Just one problem that is sleazy but it this or that;

You can get the new one for much cheaper by trading in your older model, and if you do, say goodbye to your data, as obviously you're not going to transfer the data into a new model without buying it first... :(

Unless you got an opened one? Hmm...

zroid

Banned
Just one problem that is sleazy but it this or that;

You can get the new one for much cheaper by trading in your older model, and if you do, say goodbye to your data, as obviously you're not going to transfer the data into a new model without buying it first... :(

Unless you got an opened one? Hmm...

I'm sure you could manage to finagle a way with EBGames to let you do the transfer before turning over the old system. Better go to a store that's within a free wi-fi hotspot's range though >.> (unless you've got a hotspot thingy on your phone)

blind51de

Banned
Almost certainly old news... HMV is liquidating all its games, a lot of 75% off tags. Can't be very much to select from by now, but it's worth hitting a few locations to check out.

Giard

Almost certainly old news... HMV is liquidating all its games, a lot of 75% off tags. Can't be very much to select from by now, but it's worth hitting a few locations to check out.
I doubt it's old, I went there Saturday and there were no rebates.. I'll check this week anyways.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow. My goal was to buy it at 19.99 by the end of the year, looks like it won't take anywhere near as long.

zroid

Banned
By the way, you guys, if you bought the game from Future Shop or Best Buy, I'm pretty sure you can take the receipt back to them and get price protection on this. It's still within 30 days.

Not sure if Wal-Mart or other stores offer that. On the other hand, if you want to be really slick about it, you could buy the game again from Wal-Mart now and take it back with your previous receipt and get the 60 bucks as a refund.

(I got the CE so no such luck for me :p. Don't regret it, though.)

By the way, you guys, if you bought the game from Future Shop or Best Buy, I'm pretty sure you can take the receipt back to them and get price protection on this. It's still within 30 days.

Not sure if Wal-Mart or other stores offer that. On the other hand, if you want to be really slick about it, you could buy the game again from Wal-Mart now and take it back with your previous receipt and get the 60 bucks as a refund.

(I got the CE so no such luck for me :p. Don't regret it, though.)

why did i buy from ebgames

Mikey Jr.

I remember picking up Mass Effect 1 for $7, brand new.

Come on everyone, you guys who bought Mass Effect knew it would drop in price quickly.

Lothars

I remember picking up Mass Effect 1 for $7, brand new.

Come on everyone, you guys who bought Mass Effect knew it would drop in price quickly.
Yeah I don't get why anyone is upset at it dropping in price, it was already known that was going to happen, I mean it happens with every game.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah I don't get why anyone is upset at it dropping in price, it was already known that was going to happen, I mean it happens with every game.

Some publishers/developers though are much more known for it.

Ubisoft being the hugest one. EA is pretty big too. Nintendo is probably the ones that stick to their prices the hardest. Sony is in the middle. Microsoft is the most likely the give the fucking game away if you wait long enough, haha, ie Halo Reach/Fable.

No_Style

Not upset at all. I got it for $40 before taxes. I'm just bewildered by the answer I got from the CSR. I'll go in later today if I get a chance though.

I was so tempted to post "Mass Effect 3 for $29.99 - You too can experience the controversy first hand!" on @GameDealsCanada

teebs33

Neo Member
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention on RFD and other sites of that ilk, but Future Shop has an unadvertised Trade 5, get $200 off a Vita promotion going on now: http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/T...et-the-PSVita-for/td-p/355633?CMP=lec-twitter

I hadn't planned to pick one up until a price drop, but the deal was too good to pass up. Employees had no idea about the promotion, but pointing them towards FS's twitter account seemed to be good enough for them.

Thanks for posting this deal, I took advantage of it and love the new vita.

Magnus

Traded my Skyward Sword in for Kid Icarus yesterday at BB in Toronto. Feel pretty happy about that. (Trade 1 feels so much better value-wise than Trade 2 or 3, even if the 1 is a newer game).

Will crack into it later today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom