• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the

bahahaha

Just got a reply from FS.....

Due to the overwhelming number of requests to price match this item there was an investigation and this answer hase been over turned and we are now accepting price match requests for the Mass effect 3 game against Walmart.

29.83 +0.97 shipping = $30.80
39.99-30.80=9.19
9.19+ .91(10% of differance)=10.10
therefore apply a refund PP of10.10

We are glad to have been able to apply a credit in the amount of $26.61 to your order on 03.27.2012. This amount is the difference in the price an additional 10% of that difference as I have included in the calculations above. Please allow 5-7 business days for your credit to reflect on your credit card statement. Please note, when the credit applies to your credit card the appropriate taxes will be included in the amount.

We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Oh geeze, they fail at math

isny

napkin dispenser
BB had an issue shipping Kid Icarus out and sent out $10 promo codes to everyone who preordered online. Check your email =)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I didn't get my Kid Icarus pre-order from Best Buy until earlier today and wasn't going to make a fuss about it. Seems like I didn't have to because I just got this email.

Dear Fuzzy,

Thank you for pre-ordering Kid Icarus for 3DS. Due to some unforeseen logistical issues, your product was likely delivered to you later than expected. We make every effort to process and ship your order as quickly as possible, unfortunately sometimes issues do happen and our team works extremely hard to minimize any impacts to our customers.

We apologize for any inconvenience and as a token of our appreciation for being a loyal Best Buy customer; we are providing you with a $10 electronic promo code that is valid on any future video game purchase online (minimum price of $39.99).

xxxxxxxx
The code expires June 30 2012
I wonder if I can use it with in-store pickup. I'll look into it later.

iphys

Lol, my Kid Icarus that I ordered for $4 off and $10 in RZ points from BestBuy didn't ship till Monday, so they sent me a $10 coupon code. It's like Zelda OoT all over again. How do they possibly make any money when they have to pay the shipping on the game too?

isny

napkin dispenser
Lol, my Kid Icarus that I ordered for $4 off and $10 in RZ points from BestBuy didn't ship till Monday, so they sent me a $10 coupon code. It's like Zelda OoT all over again. How do they possibly make any money when they have to pay the shipping on the game too?

I got $20 for the Metal Gear Solid 3DS issue. They had multiple SKU's and mine never shipped, lol, but they still gave me a $20 GC for the trouble.

I got a 10 dollar code when they messed up shipping NHL 12

When I went to use the code, it said it was expired
The e-mail didn't mention an expiry date so I e-mailed them and they applied it to the game........which it turns out shouldn't have been eligible as it was 2 cents cheaper than the cutoff price

And that is how I got Batman Arkham City for under 20 bucks a month after it was released

Yet when I have perfectly valid price match request or adjustments I have to fight for it and get denied over half the time =/

Two friends priced matched at the Future Shop in Bayers Lake with a printed copy of the webpage. It didn't sound like there were any problems but that was about two hours ago.

amrod

I didn't get my Kid Icarus pre-order from Best Buy until earlier today and wasn't going to make a fuss about it. Seems like I didn't have to because I just got this email.

I wonder if I can use it with in-store pickup. I'll look into it later.

I got same Email

zroid

Banned
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that BB/FS have never botched my orders.

I wonder if perhaps the customer service of BB is much worse in the States, since Americans always seem to be complaining about it, but all I see is a pretty damn good loyalty program (especially for gamers), a great price beating policy, and the lowest free shipping threshold among major online retailers (except Dell).

I'm sure it doesn't hurt that amazon.ca is garbage either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you talking about the one bundled inside the game box? because I didn't get any additional cards on top of those
On the website it said it would come with extra cards not included in the game, but that it was in store only... I was wondering if they screwed that up and included it with web orders as well.

zroid

Banned
On the website it said it would come with extra cards not included in the game, but that it was in store only... I was wondering if they screwed that up and included it with web orders as well.

I saw that and was expecting them when I picked up the game on Friday, but at the store no one seemed to know anything about extra cards. I just assumed Best Buy had meant the bundled cards all along.

Unless someone can say definitively they got bonus cards from a Best Buy pre-order?

Lame! :p

Real or nothing!

Does anybody know of any cheap PC parts stores in Downtown Toronto? I know of Canada Computers, Tiger Direct, NCIX. I'm looking for an independent dealer who maybe will take a little off the top or cut down on taxes a little if I pay cash.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All those College and Spadina places already apply cash discounts to their prices.

And, go figure BB would screw up the description on their website.

Kazerei

Banned
Futureshop.ca is still price matching the ME3 deal btw. You have to put an order in first, wait about 20 mins, and then call customer service to get the order adjusted. When I called, the guy pulled up the order and was like "you want it price matched with Walmart right?". And then we laughed.

StevieP

Banned
Does anybody know of any cheap PC parts stores in Downtown Toronto? I know of Canada Computers, Tiger Direct, NCIX. I'm looking for an independent dealer who maybe will take a little off the top or cut down on taxes a little if I pay cash.

You're not going to get much cheaper than CC/NCIX. The margins are already 1% at those places. Tiger is making money most of the time though.

zroid

Banned
Futureshop.ca is still price matching the ME3 deal btw. You have to put an order in first, wait about 20 mins, and then call customer service to get the order adjusted. When I called, the guy pulled up the order and was like "you want it price matched with Walmart right?". And then we laughed.

haw haw haw!

schlew

I saw that and was expecting them when I picked up the game on Friday, but at the store no one seemed to know anything about extra cards. I just assumed Best Buy had meant the bundled cards all along.

Unless someone can say definitively they got bonus cards from a Best Buy pre-order?

Lame! :p

Real or nothing!

I pre-ordered at Best Buy and got the bonus cards. It was a foil pack. 9 or 10 cards. I was anticipating them not having them, after many Best Buy disappointments, but they surprised me. Hell, I even got 800 reward zone points. Pretty swank.

Megasoum

Banned
Hello fellow Canadians, I need help!

For some reason I've never been able ot add my Credit Card to PSN. And that's since I bought the PS3 back in 08. No matter how I type in my information, they never see it as valid. Looking at forums it looks like it could be a general issue with Canadians...

I used to buy PSN Cards to work around that but now that I want to buy Journey for 14.99$, I have exactly 14.80$ in my "PSN Wallet". No way I'm gonna buy a 20$ card just for that 0.19$....

Anybody ever had that problem and/or a solution?

Achtius

For some reason I've never been able ot add my Credit Card to PSN. And that's since I bought the PS3 back in 08. No matter how I type in my information, they never see it as valid. Looking at forums it looks like it could be a general issue with Canadians...

I used to buy PSN Cards to work around that but now that I want to buy Journey for 14.99$, I have exactly 14.80$ in my "PSN Wallet". No way I'm gonna buy a 20$ card just for that 0.19$....

find your credit card bill, enter the information exactly the way it is written there

Megasoum

Banned
find your credit card bill, enter the information exactly the way it is written there

That's what I do... It's an NBC card so everything is in CAPS. I don't have anything complicated in my name or the street name. I tried different variants of the caps/no caps but still no luck. The only thing I see is that maybe my bank writes Montréal with the "é" and PSN doesn't like it...

zroid

Banned
I pre-ordered at Best Buy and got the bonus cards. It was a foil pack. 9 or 10 cards. I was anticipating them not having them, after many Best Buy disappointments, but they surprised me. Hell, I even got 800 reward zone points. Pretty swank.

Son of. A bitch. I might go back with my receipt and demand them. Assuming they still have some...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Saints Row: The Third $9.99 - Same for Space Marine and Dawn of War 2. STEAMABLEs

Zellers

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I've never had problems with CCs on PSN. I've used two different ones over the years, a TD Visa and a MBNA Master Card.

Spike

Just wanted to let you guys know that I read at RFD that there was a Nintendo Rep at the Mississauga Heartland Future Shop yesterday giving out KI:U Card packs.

Wish I knew how to track where they would show up next...

for those of you who just got the 3ds, and doing the 20$ rebate,

do we like take off the UPC sticker off the 3ds box, or actually cut the box?

there's 2 barcodes, so both of em? :S

CTE

Saints Row: The Third $9.99 - Same for Space Marine and Dawn of War 2. STEAMABLEs

Zellers

Only for PC. That's a pretty important point you missed. I know you referred to Steam, just pointing it out before anyone gets excited about console versions.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Wow, Saints Row for $10.. That's the cheapest I have seen anywhere and will be for a long time.

PC only for SR ?

Only for PC. That's a pretty important point you missed. I know you referred to Steam, just pointing it out before anyone gets excited about console versions.

"Steamable" is probably shorthand for being able to redeem the key on Steam because it has Steamworks though. lol

Yes, it's for PC.

Why the hell would anyone want to play this game on the consoles? Unless you are daft, the bugs, spontaneous artifacts, and frame-rate will more than tarnish that experience. X360 and PS3 will have to sit this one out. The PC version itself isn't very demanding, you can mod the hell out of it, and enjoy a smooth experience right out of the box.

Haven't you heard of a digital display port, or an HDMI-out? Chances are, you'll find the preceding somewhere on your bloody computer/graphic card.

Yes, this is just my opinion on sandbox games, due to their large nature, I prefer having the best option, and it just so happens that the PC version is ridiculously cheap.

Agreed Firehawk12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom