• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

Hello fellow Canadians, I need help!

For some reason I've never been able ot add my Credit Card to PSN. And that's since I bought the PS3 back in 08. No matter how I type in my information, they never see it as valid. Looking at forums it looks like it could be a general issue with Canadians...

I used to buy PSN Cards to work around that but now that I want to buy Journey for 14.99$, I have exactly 14.80$ in my "PSN Wallet". No way I'm gonna buy a 20$ card just for that 0.19$....

Anybody ever had that problem and/or a solution?

I've had my credit card info become invalid about three or four times over the course of owning a PS3. It's annoying as shit.

Whenever that's happened I've tried re-entering it with my apartment number on the same line, a different line, period after St, commas or no commas, anything. Doesn't matter if it matches my actual credit card bill or not.

Each time it's been busted for months and then randomly starts working again with absolutely no input from me at all. Sony's been no damn help with any of it.

Right now it's actually working which I consider a minor miracle.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Oh yes, Zellers is going out of business, so expect a massive markdown of some products, because shipping is expensive, supposedly.

Fuckkkk I cant wait until I get my tax return. Gonna splash out for a vita for sure. How likely do we think a ffxiii-2 complete edition is? I've got 40 bucks in future shop gcs... Don't really want to pay so much for all the dlc

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Fuckkkk I cant wait until I get my tax return. Gonna splash out for a vita for sure. How likely do we think a ffxiii-2 complete edition is? I've got 40 bucks in future shop gcs... Don't really want to pay so much for all the dlc

All I get from my tax return is 61$, according to Turbo Tax. When I omit my tuition fees, I get $780 back, strange. Am I doing something wrong?

I doubt we will see any complete editions from Square any time soon.

iphys

So who's saving their BestBuy Kid Icarus coupon for E3 in hopes of them having pre-order sales again? I already have every game I want pre-ordered from last E3, so I figure I might as well hold out till June in case they put up some amazing pre-order deals again and we can start ordering Wii U games then.

All I get from my tax return is 61$, according to Turbo Tax. When I omit my tuition fees, I get $780 back, strange. Am I doing something wrong?

I doubt we will see any complete editions from Square any time soon.

I think you're doing something wrong.

Tax returns are screwed up this year. My mother did her's yesterday and said they aren't even doing cash back this year. She has to wait to get it in installments. It isn't even that much.

Kunohara

I think you're doing something wrong.

Tax returns are screwed up this year. My mother did her's yesterday and said they aren't even doing cash back this year. She has to wait to get it in installments. It isn't even that much.

Wait what? Is this for everyone getting money back from tax returns? It won't come all at once now, just in installments? Are you fucking kidding me?

Good deals at Walmart this week! $39.83 for some great games. Tiger Woods 13 for $40 the week of it's release is bananas!

• Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Dance Central 2 (Xbox 360)
  • FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Xbox 360)
  • Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360)
  • SSX (Xbox 360)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (Xbox 360)

• Battlefield 3 (Playstation 3)
  • FIFA Street (Playstation 3)
  • Saints Row The Third (Playstation 3)
  • SSX (Playstation 3)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (Playstation 3)

Source: RFD

isny

napkin dispenser
Wait what? Is this for everyone getting money back from tax returns? It won't come all at once now, just in installments? Are you fucking kidding me?

This is only for people who don't pay tax or have a low income. If you've filed for tax credits the pay will be divided up over a period of time and start being paid out in July.

Kunohara

Yeah, I'm hearing now from co-workers that they got theirs all at once. That's good.

I wasn't going to use the money to buy shit anyway, it's going straight to savings for a new house.

This is only for people who don't pay tax or have a low income. If you've filed for tax credits the pay will be divided up over a period of time and start being paid out in July.

Not sure why they would do that to low income families only? Apparently this is going back to normal starting next yea.r

My mother was told she would start receiving the installments in July.

LevelNth

Banned
Not sure why they would do that to low income families only? Apparently this is going back to normal starting next yea.r

My mother was told she would start receiving the installments in July.
This is in regards to a new tax credit starting this year replacing the ability to claim rent/property tax in your filing.

There are in no way any restrictions for any income class, or any prevention to receiving your base refund in a lump sum upon submitting your return.

If your mother has been told differently, she has also been told so incorrectly.

Spike

This is in regards to a new tax credit starting this year replacing the ability to claim rent/property tax in your filing.

There are in no way any restrictions for any income class, or any prevention to receiving your base refund in a lump sum upon submitting your return.

If your mother has been told differently, she has also been told so incorrectly.

Not true. Depending on when she filed, she may actually have been told this and at that point it was true. It was only a few weeks ago, after public outcry, that they changed it to give you the option of a lump sum payment. For anyone who filed before they amended this back to a lump sum, you are SOL, unfortunately.

Not true. Depending on when she filed, she may actually have been told this and at that point it was true. It was only a few weeks ago, after public outcry, that they changed it to give you the option of a lump sum payment. For anyone who filed before they amended this back to a lump sum, you are SOL, unfortunately.

She literally just did her taxes yesterday and was told she would have to wait for the installments in July. I get the impression she was misinformed.

Spike

She literally just did her taxes yesterday and was told she would have to wait for the installments in July. I get the impression she was misinformed.

Yeah, she was misinformed. And now the problem is that she is most likely stuck with the option that was selected when the tax was filed.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up, Mass Effect 3 is back to $30 at Walmart.

Here are the links again:
X360 PS3

Will this work with Best Buy's price match, even though it's an online source? Seems like if I go in store at Walmart it's still listed at $59 (when I search for my local store).

Tiktaalik

Will this work with Best Buy's price match, even though it's an online source? Seems like if I go in store at Walmart it's still listed at $59 (when I search for my local store).

No. They will look to see whether it's priced the same at a nearby store and whether it's available or not.

Luckily for me yesterday the nearby Walmart was selling it for the $29.99 and I was able to price match it. The Best Buy clerk was certainly shocked that Walmart was selling it for that price, but I appreciate that he made no fuss and quickly setup the discount.

zroid

Banned

If they're selling it in-store for that price, you can get it price matched to $29.83. If they're selling it for that much online only, then you can still PM, but they will include the cost of shipping (in this case 97 cents). Either way, it's a better deal to PM than get it from Walmart... if you're so inclined, that is.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
If they're selling it in-store for that price, you can get it price matched to $29.83. If they're selling it for that much online only, then you can still PM, but they will include the cost of shipping (in this case 97 cents). Either way, it's a better deal to PM than get it from Walmart... if you're so inclined, that is.

Awesome! Thanks, going to try and grab it tomorrow.

faust666

Do you have a link relating to this change? As little as a week ago MPPs were petitioning the Ontario govt to reverse the decision http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=46394 , and I've seen nothing yet to indicate it has nor has the tax software had any updates to reflect this.

ElNino

Do you have a link relating to this change? As little as a week ago MPPs were petitioning the Ontario govt to reverse the decision http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=46394 , and I've seen nothing yet to indicate it has nor has the tax software had any updates to reflect this.
That only has to do with the tax credit though doesn't it (Ontario Trillium Benefit)? If you don't qualify for those credits then it shouldn't make a difference. I submitted my taxes for my wife and I last week (via UFile) and our returns were deposited into our account today.

faust666

That only has to do with the tax credit though doesn't it (Ontario Trillium Benefit)? If you don't qualify for those credits then it shouldn't make a difference. I submitted my taxes for my wife and I last week (via UFile) and our returns were deposited into our account today.

Yeah but that's what we're talking about her with regards to what DoctorWhos mother and my mother are currently going through. The Ontario govt is effectively stealing a year and a halfs worth of property tax credits from people with lower incomes. If there is indeed an option to go back to the old way like Spike claims I'd like to know where the information is from before she files.

Good deals at Walmart this week! $39.83 for some great games. Tiger Woods 13 for $40 the week of it's release is bananas!

• Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
  • Dance Central 2 (Xbox 360)
  • FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Xbox 360)
  • Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360)
  • SSX (Xbox 360)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (Xbox 360)

• Battlefield 3 (Playstation 3)
  • FIFA Street (Playstation 3)
  • Saints Row The Third (Playstation 3)
  • SSX (Playstation 3)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (Playstation 3)

Source: RFD

Thanks for this. Was waiting for a FIFA Street price drop but not this quick!!

Eternia

Picked up a silver 360 controller with the new dpad from Best Buy for about $32.50 + tax (PM'ed RCSS @ $35 this week). It was only to satisfy my curiosity on the dpad quality and how the circular ridges on the sticks feel since I hate how the regular sticks wear out.

Sera O

Banned
Has anyone spotted the Devil May Cry HD collection PS3 on shelves already anywhere? It looks like US Gamestops have been given the go ahead to put them on shelves. If any retailers up here already have it out, I thought I might grab it after work.

Orca

Has anyone spotted the Devil May Cry HD collection PS3 on shelves already anywhere? It looks like US Gamestops have been given the go ahead to put them on shelves. If any retailers up here already have it out, I thought I might grab it after work.

It's been out at the Walmart here since Tuesday.

Kurdel

Banned
I got DJ hero 2 for 25$ at Wal Mart.

They still had for many platforms, and the price was listed on a peice of paper taped to the box.

I was waiting for this ever since I got Tony Hawk Ride for 15$ last year!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got DJ hero 2 for 25$ at Wal Mart.

They still had for many platforms, and the price was listed on a peice of paper taped to the box.

I was waiting for this ever since I got Tony Hawk Ride for 15$ last year!
Thanks for the heads up, I might check this out.

Gamejunky

Anyone go to videogamesplus.ca? I've went there twice today and it's logged me into random peoples accounts, complete account info, everything. This is a MAJOR issue wtf

frequency

Anyone go to videogamesplus.ca? I've went there twice today and it's logged me into random peoples accounts, complete account info, everything. This is a MAJOR issue wtf

I haven't been there since the hack.
That's really bad and reinforces my decision to drop them completely.

Sera O

Banned

Holy shit. I emailed them after the time they were hacked because I was so ticked off - I didn't even find out until weeks afterwards on a GAF thread. All I got was a response basically saying "Well we SENT emails, it's not our fault you didn't get them. Some people told us they got them." I doubt I'll ever use them again because of that. Good to know they have fixed their security since then, lol.

Now to find another place that uses canada post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom