• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamejunky

The scary part is these accounts had full info, phone number/address full name everything. Oh well I was going to order from there because I really want Jurassic Park for 360 and can't seem to find it anywhere. For some reason I didn't even think to check Amazon, turns out they have it so i'll just get it there.

Anyone go to videogamesplus.ca? I've went there twice today and it's logged me into random peoples accounts, complete account info, everything. This is a MAJOR issue wtf

WTF. Thanks for the heads up, removing all my info now. Won't be shopping there anymore either.

Hey You

I'm looking to get a bank account again.

I had one since I was 12, but when I turned 18 I would have to start paying banking fees. Since I didn't have a job at the time, and really only used my account to transfer money to my paypal account, I closed it.

I will be getting an income again, so what bank would you guys recommend? I'm looking for the cheapest option, will be mainly using it to keep money in,transferring money to my paypal account occasionally and rarely using my debit card.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Does anyone know how much SFxT costs?

Edit: Oh, it looks like it's going to be $39.99 at EB, if anyone was interested.

Magnus

WTB Rock Band 3 for the 360. Anyone spied this lately at any used game stores or clearance bins or anything? I remember seeing tons of them around over the holidays and just assumed they'd be around for awhile.

Big Chungus

WTB Rock Band 3 for the 360. Anyone spied this lately at any used game stores or clearance bins or anything? I remember seeing tons of them around over the holidays and just assumed they'd be around for awhile.

You can get it on Games On Demand for $20.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone planning on buying the standard edition of D3? I have two preorders, both for $40 and would be happy to redirect one to a Gaffer at cost, just shoot me a PM. (Retail is $69.99 plus tax, so you'd be saving $30+)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Retail is 70? I'm so glad I pre ordered Heart of the Swarm and Diablo during E3, despite them not actually being at the show.

RS4-

Anyone planning on buying the standard edition of D3? I have two preorders, both for $40 and would be happy to redirect one to a Gaffer at cost, just shoot me a PM. (Retail is $69.99 plus tax, so you'd be saving $30+)

Where are you located?

isny

napkin dispenser
Retail is 70? I'm so glad I pre ordered Heart of the Swarm and Diablo during E3, despite them not actually being at the show.

Yup, same. I basically preordered every game purchase I'm going to make until the end of this year during that sale. All the 3DS games and all the PC games =)

I ended up with two copies of D3 though, one from BB and one from FS, so I'm going to do the right thing and save someone some cash instead of just making a quick buck.

Where are you located?

Ottawa, I'm just going to change the mailing address on the order though, so it will just be shipped to the person =)

Beaulieu

(There's no Ottawa-GAF thread, so indulge one more little bit of spam on my part)

I'll be in Ottawa on the 15th-17th of April. I have an evening with friends on the 15th and business to take care of on the 16th during the day, but I'm free for a lunch on the 17th or maybe some stuff on the evening of the 16th. Any kind of food is fine (spicy / eastern preferred). I won't be renting a car, and I'll be on or around uOttawa campus / Byward market area.

PM or Twitter me (@Stumpokapow) if you want to meet up.

well that is weird.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Have a date with Stumpokapow in Ottawa should have its own thread. If only he would grace Toronto with his presence, I'm sure legions of people would turn out.

isny

napkin dispenser
I don't really see it as a creepy thing, hahaha. I just have an evening to kill :p

You were the one that was moving here right? I SHOULD be free since it's a Tuesday and would probably be up for a drink or lunch of something, just shoot me a PM and we can work the details out.

On another note, in regards to the D3 preorder, it's been claimed by AzerPhire, grats dude =)

Magnus

You can get it on Games On Demand for $20.

Oh shit. Thanks dude! I hadn't even thought of that.

Now, please educate me: is there any way to pay for this without using my credit card? I absolutely don't trust it with MS, not one bit.

If a CC's the only way, could I use a disposable VISA/MC gift card?

TheExodu5

Banned
(There's no Ottawa-GAF thread, so indulge one more little bit of spam on my part)

I'll be in Ottawa on the 15th-17th of April. I have an evening with friends on the 15th and business to take care of on the 16th during the day, but I'm free for a lunch on the 17th or maybe some stuff on the evening of the 16th. Any kind of food is fine (spicy / eastern preferred). I won't be renting a car, and I'll be on or around uOttawa campus / Byward market area.

PM or Twitter me (@Stumpokapow) if you want to meet up.

Can't promise anything, but let me know if anyone is going down and I'll see if I can get a car for the evening of the 16th or take an hour off work at lunch on the 17th.

isny

napkin dispenser
Sounds good, I'm in grad school @ OttawaU and I'll try to make time for some lunch.

At this point we may as well just have an Ottawa meetup for lunch. My vote would be either SmoqueShack or Smokes Poutine. (No relation, lol)

Both are located downtown within walking distance of the university, the first one has lots of seating, the second one not so much. The first is a little more expensive, the second, again, not so much.

Hey You

Oh shit. Thanks dude! I hadn't even thought of that.

Now, please educate me: is there any way to pay for this without using my credit card? I absolutely don't trust it with MS, not one bit.

If a CC's the only way, could I use a disposable VISA/MC gift card?

Use paypal?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If you aren't hoarding points and you don't have any payment methods linked, there's not much they can do except change your password, which a simple call will fix. I found their customer service to be pretty great when I was hit.

Otherwise, refunds take a while (I was locked out for a week, and that was with it being bumped to the top of the chain).

theRizzle

I think gas is probably the only thing cheaper here in Nunavut than everywhere else in the country.

I'm still filling up at 1.17!

zroid

Banned
haha yeah I just got back from the station. dad called me from the other car and essentially yelled as much to GO NOW

it's going up 4.5c to about 140 in the GTA

Bigfoot

Not a gaming deal, but a money deal:

GO GET YOUR GAS. GAS PRICE AVERAGE GOING UP 4CENTS TONIGHT!

Even if you have a monster vehicle with an empty 100 L tank, the most you are going to save is $4 by rushing out to fill up now.

Most cars have 50 L tanks, so if you assume that the average tank is half full, than the average GAFer with a car is going to save a whole $1 by rushing out to fill up now. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom