• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Yeah I can do SmoqueShack for lunch on the 17th. :)

TheExodu5 has gotten himself into some trouble in the OT so I will try to let him know on Twitter.

Edit: TheExodu5 is confirmed. PM me what time our reservation is (or if it's too early what time you want to make it for) and I'll PM back when I'm on my way up.

You should come to Québec City : But then again, I don't think there's a lot of Gaffers here :/

Anyone here know much about headphones?

I wanna set of on ear headphones, that are low profile and nice looking like the Bowers and Wilkens P5s, but closer to 100 bucks, instead of 300 :p

3be742b1_BWP5.jpg

Mikey Jr.

well that's weird. maybe they use CP for *really* local orders...

What makes you think you won't get it tomorrow, though?

edit: also, my tracking number starts with an "M"!

Its Canada post.

It'll go to some facility somewhere.

Then they'll take a fuck long time to process.

Then the mail man will take his sweet ass time.

Its a government job. You shouldn't expect prompt service.

Bruiserk

I am lucky enough to live in a place where you can actually get alcohol. I think only Iqaluit has a real bar, and they have a couple different ones. In Rankin Inlet, one of the hotels will serve alcohol for a couple hours in the evening, but only if you are a guest at that hotel. Some communities are completely dry.

Here (Baker Lake, NU) it's semi-regulated. There are no bars. When I want to order alcohol, I have to go down to one of the community buildings (lately it has been at the Radio Station) on Saturday afternoon to place my order. I pay $3 to the person from the Alcohol Committee, and they give me an order form and a printout of the current stock of the liquor place in Rankin Inlet. You can order a maximum of 48 beers, or 2 40oz bottles, or 5 bottles of wine. You can mix and match some things, like 24 beers and 1 40oz bottle. For a regular can of beer, you are paying like 2.35 - 2.60 each, depending on the beer. Then you have to pay tax on it, which is GST + some kind of liquor tax. Then a packing fee. You do all this by writing your credit card info on the order form and they will charge you when it gets sent to you.

It comes by freight, which you also have to pay for. It's about $40 for 48 beers. So total cost you are looking at around $200 for 48 cans of beer.

Wow, like Lyphen said that sounds really regulated. I didn't know you guys had to do that up there.

survivor

Banned
Its Canada post.

It'll go to some facility somewhere.

Then they'll take a fuck long time to process.

Then the mail man will take his sweet ass time.

Its a government job. You shouldn't expect prompt service.

And then the mail man won't even deliver the package, he will just drop a note saying there is no buzzer number even though it's clearly written on the package.

Mikey Jr.

Hmmm, Xenoblade came via Purolator.

No idea why, but they came at 9am, so I'm happy.

Great game so far. Even came with the artbook which is very nice.

Credit to retro.elite on CAG

Some highlights from the Best Buy flyer this week:

PS3 2 for $50
God of War Origins
Uncharted 1&2
Jak and Daxter
Team ICO Collection

$19.99
Resistance 3

$39.99
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
UFC 3
SSX
Street Fighter Cross Tekken
Saints Row 3
Batman Arkham City
Soul Calibur 5
FIFA Street
Assassin's Creed Revelation

Quick

Banned
So, I got a free month trial code for Netflix in the mail and decided to use it. I previously had a Netflix account but stopped using it. I activated the account again and put in my CC info, and the code.

I check my bank statement and I just got billed $7.99. Is that normal or what? Did I miss some sort of fine print?

Firestorm

So, I got a free month trial code for Netflix in the mail and decided to use it. I previously had a Netflix account but stopped using it. I activated the account again and put in my CC info, and the code.

I check my bank statement and I just got billed $7.99. Is that normal or what? Did I miss some sort of fine print?

Pretty sure that Netflix trials are for new customers only. If you used the same name and address as last time it probably saw you used to be a customer and charged you.

DJ_Lae

Oh man, Jak.

I wonder if that's an actual 'buy 2' sale or if you can just nab one game for $25. I already own the others.

Quick

Banned
Just give them a call, I'm sure they'll credit you, they have good CS.

Solved my own problem by calling them right after I posted, and they reversed the charge. Thanks for the input, anyway. :lol

Won't see the refund on my card until after 5 business days though.

And they do have good customer service. He was quick to reverse the charge and gave me the free month.

Pretty sure that Netflix trials are for new customers only. If you used the same name and address as last time it probably saw you used to be a customer and charged you.

Yeah, I realized this may be why as I was speaking to their customer service.

Come on, there's a lot of gaffers who live in Quebec. Thankfully, they simply aren't vocal on national pride, french language and shit like that (I'll thank neogaf for that). This is why you don't notice them. The rest (most likely from Montreal) are anglophone.

zroid

Banned
I just bought this because it was so cheap... I have a problem.

A problem we share. If I had a 360 (or if the PS3 version were on sale), I definitely would have bought it. I don't even like CoD. :/

In case anyone isn't aware, the Best Buy online sale is live.

hmm, good call, I think I'll give Kingdom Hearts 3D a pre-order. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not, but might as well while I can stack the 10% and 800RZ.

Socreges

Banned
I probably buy Nintendo games and sports games more than anything else, yet those are the ones that rarely, if ever, drop in price. Nintendo games take 2 years (minimum) and sports games take about nine months... blah.

Firestorm, sorry for not getting back to you. Completely forgot to respond. Should've set a reminder or something.

i3fdwAVLyNiO9.gif

DJ_Lae

iphys

So if they count as an accessory you get the RZ and Gamers Club points on the 3DS cards if you buy them in store? That would give a small onus to buy them there rather than using your credit card on the eShop.

isny

napkin dispenser
So if they count as an accessory you get the RZ and Gamers Club points on the 3DS cards if you buy them in store? That would give a small onus to buy them there rather than using your credit card on the eShop.

You should indeed get double RZ points.

iphys

I'm going to have to try getting a couple 3DS cards next time I'm there, because there's a bunch of games I'm planning to buy once the next Club Nintendo year rolls around, and a 2.5% reward is better than nothing.

No one seems to sell 3DS cards online, so I assume Nintendo is only allowing them to be sold in-store: they probably make more money if you pay them directly on the eShop than if you buy the cards, so they probably only want people to buy the cards who wouldn't otherwise use their credit cards online.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, that makes sense. It's still silly that they have several different points cards rolling around out there though. Those Wii point cards are online at least!

Credit to retro.elite on CAG

Some highlights from the Best Buy flyer this week:

PS3 2 for $50
God of War Origins
Uncharted 1&2
Jak and Daxter
Team ICO Collection

$19.99
Resistance 3

$39.99
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
UFC 3
SSX
Street Fighter Cross Tekken
Saints Row 3
Batman Arkham City
Soul Calibur 5
FIFA Street
Assassin's Creed Revelation

Battlefield 3 and Tiger Woods 13 are $29 at RCSS starting this Friday.

Kingdoms of Amalur is $40 at the Source until April 5.

Thanks guys... grabbed GOW Origins, Jak HD Collection and Battlefield 3 for 80 bucks (crazy deal for 6 games). I managed to resist picking up TW13. I've picked up the last 2 versions on the cheap and have barely touched them. This seems like a series that always drops price very quick! Makes me wonder why anyone would bother getting it at launch.

Anyhow - lovin' the deals!

Really good deals on EBGames.ca right now: Basically buy 2 of these refurbished games and get $5 off. I ordered Ninja Gaiden 3 and FFXIII-2 for $25 shipped. I'd jump on these asap, they're going to get snatched up pretty quick.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition (Refurbished): $14.99 - No clue on what they mean by refurbished.

360: http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313015

PS3: http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313016

UPDATE:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (PS3) and Lord of the Rings: War in the North CE (360) are also on for $14.99

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE (PS3 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313018

LOTR: War in the North CE (360 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313017

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you're mildly interested in Ninja Gaiden 3, Jump on this deal asap.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition (Refurbished): $14.99 - No clue on what they mean by refurbished.

360: http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313015

PS3: http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313016
holy bomba. Perhaps they're defective collectors edition casings or statues and whatnot that went back and got fixed?

Insane deal.

Kud Dukan

Really good deals on EBGames.ca right now: Basically buy 2 of these refurbished games and get $5 off. I ordered Ninja Gaiden 3 and FFXIII-2 for $25 shipped. I'd jump on these asap, they're going to get snatched up pretty quick.

UPDATE:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (PS3) and Lord of the Rings: War in the North CE (360) are also on for $14.99

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE (PS3 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313018

LOTR: War in the North CE (360 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313017

I have no interest in this game, but I ordered it anyways. That's too good to pass up.

EDIT: Didn't see the Final Fantasy or the LOTR one. Kinda tempted by the LOTR one too.

I guess they announced it on Facebook earlier today. Initially there were more games to choose from:

EB Games

WEB Only: Select Open-Box Collector’s Editions for only $14.99! Act fast – these won’t last long

- Ninja Gaiden 3
- Batman: Arkham City
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Gears of War 3
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
- Final Fantasy XIII-2

Pristine condition, limit 1 per customer, while supplies last

zroid

Banned
That's absolutely bananas. I just ordered NG3 and FFXIII-2 and got an additional $5 off the order o_O (some promo they're having now for buying two used games -- edit: noticing now this was mentioned above)

Plus free shipping. Holy crap bro!

kurahadol

Wish I could've grabbed Gears, but ended up with LotR and FFXIII-2. Honestly never had any interest but for 25 for the both of them? Can't really pass that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom