• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

$28 for NG3 and FFXIII-2 Collector's Editions? I think it'll be worth it. I would've payed that for just the FFXIII-2 CE, so the most likely terrible NG3 is just a bonus I suppose.

Holy shit, the mobile version of the website wasn't working and denying my order. I quickly swotches to the full site and got a confirmation for ffxiii-2. I doubt the condition is pristine but for 22 bucks I cant lose. I can trade it back in at futureshop for what i payed for it derp

zroid

Banned
Since I already have FFXIII-2 regular edition, I might just try to ebay the extra game disc + manual I'll get from here. Even without the case, I'm sure someone will buy it for like 20 bucks or so.

Palehorse

Ordered the LOTR version. I like co-op games so this should work out. Plus that quiver/arrow is pretty cool.

I also like being able to use my Edge card online! That's perfect.

BadWolf

Really good deals on EBGames.ca right now: Basically buy 2 of these refurbished games and get $5 off. I ordered Ninja Gaiden 3 and FFXIII-2 for $25 shipped. I'd jump on these asap, they're going to get snatched up pretty quick.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition (Refurbished): $14.99 - No clue on what they mean by refurbished.

360: http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313015

PS3: http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/ninja-gaiden-3-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313016

UPDATE:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (PS3) and Lord of the Rings: War in the North CE (360) are also on for $14.99

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE (PS3 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313018

LOTR: War in the North CE (360 Only): http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north-collectors-edition-refurbished-web-only/313017

Oh wow, thank you so much.

Grabbed XIII-2 and NG3.

Really really hope these get fulfilled.

Vamphuntr

Hopefully the CEs they send us include the games and are not only the box and the collectables :p

Ridiculous deal if they include the games. Preowned copies of the games for some of these are still 50$. I guess the fact that the games come in special cases made it impossible for them to sell them as preowned. Also have to wonder why they opened so many boxes.

DJ_Lae

Shit. Ordered Ninja Gaiden, then realized FFXIII-2 was also there, ordered it, then came back here and realized there was an extra $5 if you bought both at the same time.

Canceled the orders, placed them again, and now it won't process as it says I've reached my limit on both.

Oh well.

zroid

Banned
The fact that NG3 and FFXIII-2 are still available to order makes me wonder if they ever had any (or more than a couple) in the first place.

Vamphuntr

Indeed, I'm pretty skeptical at this point. But we'll see.

Well if they've offered them via their website they must had more than 2-3 copies for each. This brings the question as to why they had so many opened CEs in the first place.

I think I'm good. The items first showed as a preorder on their site, then they switched to currently unavailable and they finally took the pages down. I guess as long as you got them when they were available you should be fine.

zroid

Banned
This brings the question as to why they had so many opened CEs in the first place.

I think I'm good. The items first showed as a preorder on their site, then they switched to currently unavailable and they finally took the pages down. I guess as long as you got them when they were available you should be fine.

That's the thing, this was such a hot deal that you'd expect that however many they had (and honestly, how many could there possibly have been?), the games would sell out within a few hours at most.

Yet, both NG3 and FF13-2 were shown as "available" even this morning. My suspicion is the system didn't update quickly enough to reflect their unavailability, or they didn't know exactly how many there were (for some reason). Thus, the orders were erroneously allowed to continue. Then again, it's just idle speculation on my part. Consider me cautiously optimistic.

frequency

So "refurbished" meant "opened"?

I got my FFXIII-2 and NG3 CE order in. I'm sure they won't be fulfilled but whatever. I lose nothing.

I already have the FFXIII-2 CE and I'm really not interested in NG3. So eh.
If they really do send them out, I'm just going to give them away as gifts.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing ever happened though. I already have two orders that have been sitting opened at least a year because they couldn't be fulfilled and were never cancelled.

isny

napkin dispenser
I got an e-mail from EBGames saying my NG3 CE order was cancelled.

Same. I ordered one of both though, so we'll see.

Keep in mind if you're in Quebec they HAVE to honor this according to Quebec law. See RFD for more info on this.

My Ninja Gaiden was also cancelled but nothing was said about FFXIII-2. Hopefully that one goes through with the discount that was added on with NG3.

zroid

Banned
That's the thing, this was such a hot deal that you'd expect that however many they had (and honestly, how many could there possibly have been?), the games would sell out within a few hours at most.

Yet, both NG3 and FF13-2 were shown as "available" even this morning. My suspicion is the system didn't update quickly enough to reflect their unavailability, or they didn't know exactly how many there were (for some reason). Thus, the orders were erroneously allowed to continue. Then again, it's just idle speculation on my part. Consider me cautiously optimistic.

EB Games email said:
Unfortunately, due to an issue with our inventory system on the website, the website advertised more units than were available in our warehouse.

knew it :p

My NG3 was canceled as well, btw.

frequency

Nothing about my FFXIII-2 CE order either, but I expect that to be cancelled too.

I don't really care though. I was never interested in NG3, and I bought the FFXIII-2 CE at launch. It was just too good a deal to not at least try. I'd have given them as gifts anyway.

BadWolf

Wasn't big on NG3 anyway, only ordered it because of the great price.

Hope XIII-2 goes through though, really want to play it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My NG3 got cancelled. Bummed. FFXIII-2 hasn't been cancelled yet, don't really want it, so I guess I'll just cancel it.

Oneself

Come on, there's a lot of gaffers who live in Quebec. Thankfully, they simply aren't vocal on national pride, french language and shit like that (I'll thank neogaf for that). This is why you don't notice them. The rest (most likely from Montreal) are anglophone.

...or just using english because they're on an english message board.

With that being said, fuck Harper, vive le Québec et le français.
;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not sure if anyone is following the thread over at RFD, but it seems like Rogers Video/Plus is discontinuing rentals and purchases of games and movies. Some stores are reporting B1G1 or B1G2 right now, others will be starting on the 16th.

With Rogers exiting the game, Microplay will be the only remaining national chain doing game rentals. Mindboggling.

Sera O

Banned
With Rogers exiting the game, Microplay will be the only remaining national chain doing game rentals. Mindboggling.

That's crazy. I'm in BC and never heard of microplay so I guess we're done for rentals? I don't really rent games, but it's nuts that that likely won't be an option at all in a lot of places going forward.

zroid

Banned
Not sure if anyone is following the thread over at RFD, but it seems like Rogers Video/Plus is discontinuing rentals and purchases of games and movies. Some stores are reporting B1G1 or B1G2 right now, others will be starting on the 16th.

Figured it was a matter of time. Especially when they started clearing out their used game stocks a while ago. Thanks, guess I'll look into it...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

mein gott! That's it then? I can't really think of any other place really to get rentals...whether games or movies period.

I guess there are still a few indie rental places in Toronto; though I never rent anyways.

Death of an industry? Just like arcades?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Yeah, Rogers, Blockster, they shut down near me, the place isn't even open any more, can't buy those games.

But if I had the chance to buy 1 game and get the other free, it would be Gundam Crossfire and Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War.

Those games are severely underrated.

Cheerilee

That's crazy. I'm in BC and never heard of microplay so I guess we're done for rentals? I don't really rent games, but it's nuts that that likely won't be an option at all in a lot of places going forward.

There used to be a number of them in and around Vancouver, but they got squeezed out around the time Electronics Boutique came to town.

Vamphuntr

Same. I ordered one of both though, so we'll see.

Keep in mind if you're in Quebec they HAVE to honor this according to Quebec law. See RFD for more info on this.

Might explain why mine isn't cancelled yet :p (I'm in QC). Do you have a link to this law?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You might have some local places, but yeah I think Microplay is it nationally. Microplay is headquartered in Quebec, but I assumed if there are two in St. John's, there's gotta be some out west too :p

They've basically disappeared around the GTA in the last five years. Ones around here were quite expensive too, so maybe that's why.

DJ_Lae

Yeah, once Rogers is gone (and there's only one left that I know of) Victoria will be pretty much barren for game rentals.

I still miss my local Blockbuster a lot, as I was close enough to walk to it and renting a blu-ray for the same price as any online streaming service (360, PSN, iTunes, or god help me Telus/Shaw On Demand) was far preferable to suffering through horrible compression artifacts.

That and the game pass was a fantastic way to sample a shit ton of games.

I realize there are a handful of online Gamefly type services in Canada but most are located out east, making them useless.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yeah I can do SmoqueShack for lunch on the 17th. :)

TheExodu5 has gotten himself into some trouble in the OT so I will try to let him know on Twitter.

Edit: TheExodu5 is confirmed. PM me what time our reservation is (or if it's too early what time you want to make it for) and I'll PM back when I'm on my way up.

Alright, so how many of us will be meeting up (in Ottawa) for lunch on the 17th? Just PM me if you plan on attending as I'll be making a reservation in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom