• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorggy

anyone seen a good deal for that sony branded headset/microphone? The $99 home theatre style ones... or have any recommendations for cheaper ones? I had been using the bluetooth earpiece but it's just not comfortable, especially since my glasses get in the way of the ear hook.

Just a heads up. Resistance 3 is on the list for Future Shop's T1 for Mortal Kombat Vita this week. If you can find a used copy of R3 at Best Buy and buy it in combination with their Reward Zone 50% off coupon, it would end up costing you $12.50. I'm probably just going to trade in my current copy of R3 but it's a good deal if you want a cheap copy of MK.

thanks for the heads up will try this...

Mikey Jr.

anyone seen a good deal for that sony branded headset/microphone? The $99 home theatre style ones... or have any recommendations for cheaper ones? I had been using the bluetooth earpiece but it's just not comfortable, especially since my glasses get in the way of the ear hook.

I don't know about any cheaper, but I have it and I love it.

The mic works great, very comfortable (I wear glasses too), and when I played BF3 with it, I nearly shat my pants. You can use it on PC as well.

It is very easy to use as well. Quick mute button, you can variably change chat and game music, and volume.

With sound on max, stereo sound on, and mic on, you'll juice the battery out pretty fast though. Like, probably 2 hours is my best guess. You wont last long though with max sound. It is fucking loud for me anyways.

If you put it at half, you'll probably double that time me thinks.

snorggy

I don't know about any cheaper, but I have it and I love it.

The mic works great, very comfortable (I wear glasses too), and when I played BF3 with it, I nearly shat my pants. You can use it on PC as well.

It is very easy to use as well. Quick mute button, you can variably change chat and game music, and volume.

With sound on max, stereo sound on, and mic on, you'll juice the battery out pretty fast though. Like, probably 2 hours is my best guess. You wont last long though with max sound. It is fucking loud for me anyways.

If you put it at half, you'll probably double that time me thinks.

I doubt I will max it... I'm a cranky old man :) Thanks for the input though, I'll probably pick one up... seems to have very good reviews everywhere.

Firestorm

Anyone know a place to get the Tron Legacy 3D set as cheap as possible? My dad just got some 3D Glasses for the TV and isn't a fan of animated movies. I think this would be the best demo movie for him. Can't find anything below $30 though -.-

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone know a place to get the Tron Legacy 3D set as cheap as possible? My dad just got some 3D Glasses for the TV and isn't a fan of animated movies. I think this would be the best demo movie for him. Can't find anything below $30 though -.-

About $30 from Amazon.co.uk, or, a bunch on ebay with a Buy It Now of $25 plus shipping.

You can also try bidding on the 3D disc only on ebay, lots of those auctions end up cheaper.

If my copy of the five disc wasn't signed I'd consider selling you my 3D disc, but I'm holding on to that thing forever. (Signed by Bruce Boxleitner!)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Got a 3D TV recently myself and yeah.. movie prices are a bitch :( Tron is a good choice though...

isny

napkin dispenser
How much do game steelbooks usually go for on eBay? I'm thinking of selling my D3 one to make some profit.

They've been going for about $40 on ebay (the D3 ones specifically), who knows what they'll go for though once they're actually released.

Firestorm

zroid

Banned
I'm thinking the D3 steelbook will probably be on the rarer side, much like Skyward Sword's. That one goes for about $25 so I think you should expect the same or higher (closer to release when there's more demand).

On this topic, I got confirmation a few days ago on the FS forum that people who buy the CE at a midnight launch will be eligible to receive the steelbook as well, if they are early enough. This is evidently the only way to get both, so if you're like me, better line up early :p

zroid

Banned
Since this seems to be the de facto thread to talk about Canadia-related things, any GTA folk thinking of going to the PlayStation event on May 8th? Details here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/01/playstation-loves-canada-youre-invited-toronto/

Apparently a lot of Canadian indies working on PlayStation games right now will be there. And their games too...

Including, but not limited to:
- Sound Shapes
- Dyad
- Retro City Rampage

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I paid $24.99 on Amazon.com on February 19th (of course with shipping, that ends up about $30).

The 3D in Tron is pretty subdued, a nature video might be a better choice. Pirates 4 had some decent scenes as well, but overall the film was quite dark so not a great choice either.

RS4-

Since this seems to be the de facto thread to talk about Canadia-related things, any GTA folk thinking of going to the PlayStation event on May 8th? Details here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/01/playstation-loves-canada-youre-invited-toronto/

Apparently a lot of Canadian indies working on PlayStation games right now will be there. And their games too...

Including, but not limited to:
- Sound Shapes
- Dyad
- Retro City Rampage

I guess I'll drop by

jet1911

Just a heads up I was able to buy a new copy of The Witcher 2 (PC version) for 30$ new at EBGames. The package is awesome. :eek:

Not gaming related, but can anyone suggest the best place to buy a "fuzzy logic" rice cooker downtown?

I went to Neo Home and Tap Phong yesterday but the prices were way, way higher than they should be based off the prices I see online and the selection at Tap Phong was horrible.

Just a heads up. Resistance 3 is on the list for Future Shop's T1 for Mortal Kombat Vita this week. If you can find a used copy of R3 at Best Buy and buy it in combination with their Reward Zone 50% off coupon, it would end up costing you $12.50. I'm probably just going to trade in my current copy of R3 but it's a good deal if you want a cheap copy of MK.

Thanks for the heads up... My BB didn't have Resistance 3, but I grabbed Arkham City for $20 after teh 50% off coupon and used that to trade in for MK Vita... Helped ease my conscience over buying another Vita fighter already.

Not gaming related, but can anyone suggest the best place to buy a "fuzzy logic" rice cooker downtown?

I went to Neo Home and Tap Phong yesterday but the prices were way, way higher than they should be based off the prices I see online and the selection at Tap Phong was horrible.
downtown which city?

Worth every penny. Was it the one that came with motion+ or just the disc?

Game only. I already have the black Wiimote+ with Flingsmash.

I have an offer to Canada GAF:

I have a brand-new copy of Resistance: Retribution for PSP.

Does anyone have a brand-new, sealed copy of either Wipeout Pure for PSP, or preferably Wipeout Pulse for PSP?

I am willing to trade it for either.

A potential exception is if it is in flawless condition, sleeve, manual, and disc. case does not matter as I can swap cases.

It can be in person (if in Montreal) or via mail, we can discuss it via PM.

Any takers?

SickBoy

Superstore's new flyer has Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 and The Fight (that Move game) for $10. I think there was some other stuff in the flyer, but that's what caught my attention.

I'm vaguely considering picking Killzone and Uncharted, but my backlog is still sizeable and I've already beaten both, so I'm not sure if it's worth my while.

Maddog

Superstore's new flyer has Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 and The Fight (that Move game) for $10. I think there was some other stuff in the flyer, but that's what caught my attention.

I'm vaguely considering picking Killzone and Uncharted, but my backlog is still sizeable and I've already beaten both, so I'm not sure if it's worth my while.

Have you played Uncharted 2? If not it's definitely worth your while.

zroid

Banned
Have you played Uncharted 2? If not it's definitely worth your while.

I've already beaten both, so I'm not sure if it's worth my while.

:O

I'm in the same situation for Uncharted 3, which I traded-in a few months ago, but I think I'm going to hold off till that sexy boxart GOTY edition is released (and price drops to sub-$30). Don't even care about the DLC, am buying it literally for the cover alone lol.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Are there ever any deals on PSN cards? I really want to buy all of the Resident Evil PlayStation games and the Walking Dead season pass.

jred2k

I don't remember seeing any specifically for PSN cards. Just those accessory deals you see pop up from time to time at Future Shop and Best Buy. There might be some at RCSS, but I'm not near one so I don't pay much attention to those deals.

Hereafter

If you don't mind the wait, amazons.ca is usually cheaper than most brick and mortar stores.

SickBoy

Are there ever any deals on PSN cards? I really want to buy all of the Resident Evil PlayStation games and the Walking Dead season pass.

They do on occasion, but it's much rarer than XBLA points.

There was at least one occasion last year that Superstore marked cards down, and towards the end of the last year, Walmart had them on sale.

You might have to wait a while if you want a deal, though.

Kinda off topic but is there no american gaming deals thread? Couldnt find one on my phone.

My sister is currently in the us, so it would be cool to know if there is something on the cheap. Thanks guys.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man. Anyone have this happen to them before? UPS completely mis-shipped my package to another person and now I'm totally fucked. God damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom