• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Me either. But mine's an E3 preorder, so god knows when it'll ship and when Purolator will get it here.

My E3 order has yet to ship. My order with Steelbook that was ordered a few weeks ago shipped today.

I'm sure, just like all of the other E3 orders, this will show up weeks late and we'll get a "we're sorry" certificate for $10 off on the next purchase.

zroid

Banned
My E3 order has yet to ship. My order with Steelbook that was ordered a few weeks ago shipped today.

I'm sure, just like all of the other E3 orders, this will show up weeks late and we'll get a "we're sorry" certificate for $10 off on the next purchase.

That hadn't happened with my previous two E3 order games, but I sure hope it does this time. Do want $10 off!

isny

napkin dispenser
That hadn't happened with my previous two E3 order games, but I sure hope it does this time. Do want $10 off!

It's happened with a bunch of stuff for me. I have 2-3 coupons that I'm waiting to use during this years E3 sale whenever they get off their lazy ass and start adding games like Theatrythem and the New Super Mario 3DS.

It's happened with a bunch of stuff for me. I have 2-3 coupons that I'm waiting to use during this years E3 sale whenever they get off their lazy ass and start adding games like Theatrythem and the New Super Mario 3DS.

I used the 10 dollar coupon I got because NHL 12 was 3 days late to get Batman AC for 20 bucks a month after it was released lol

I've made up my mind, if I don't get a confirmation of shipping tomorrow or Sunday, or Monday morning, I'm going straight out to Best Buy's launch party on Cambie.

DIABLO 3 CE OR DIE TRYIN'

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
So Dead or Alive Dimensions, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II and Tekken 3D Prime Edition are pretty cheap now for the 3DS. Anyone know which is the best of the 3 for someone who isn't a huge fighting fan beyond SFIV, but is interested?

I know BlazBlue is a bit harder to find; but I do recall seeing it at Future Shop on final clearance for $29.99.

Djin1979

I ordered 1 Diablo 3 CE from FS and 1 CE from walmart 2 weeks ago, still waiting for a ship confirmation.

If monday I still have no news from them, I m going to raid may 15th FS,BB and EBgames in Montreal in order to get one CE (they don't do midnight launch in Quebec seems).

Deadly

I ordered 1 Diablo 3 CE from FS and 1 CE from walmart 2 weeks ago, still waiting for a ship confirmation.

If monday I still have no news from them, I m going to raid may 15th FS,BB and EBgames in Montreal in order to get one CE (they don't do midnight launch in Quebec seems).
I'm lining up to get one at FS in the South Shore. Hopefully the line isn't too crazy. I lined up for SC2 and it wasn't so bad and not everyone bought the CE. Could be very different than the downtown Montreal stores though.

It's going to help that there's basically EB/FS/BB all in dix30 now too. If I don't manage to get one, I'll be royally pissed :lol

schlew

So Dead or Alive Dimensions, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II and Tekken 3D Prime Edition are pretty cheap now for the 3DS. Anyone know which is the best of the 3 for someone who isn't a huge fighting fan beyond SFIV, but is interested?

I know BlazBlue is a bit harder to find; but I do recall seeing it at Future Shop on final clearance for $29.99.

I'm not the biggest fighting game expert, but I do enjoy them. I own DoA and Tekken, and of those two, I'd do with DoA. The online is great, and the single player story mode is goofy and weird, perfect for me. It has a ton of Spotpass unlocked features (outfits), and the Streetpass function of fighting the AI of those you made contact with is great. Tekken is lacking in features, and the online is pretty bad. Still fun, and tons of characters, but just not as rich with features as DoA.

All I know of BlazBlue is its poor review scores. No personal experience though.

Love DoA and regret trading it away. Where is it for cheap?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Saw it for $24.99 used at future shop, but Its $29.99 new at ebgames - I'll probably try to get dead or alive if I can.

sikkinixx

Besides EB (though not so much even now...) and some mom n pop kinda stores, is there anywhere left to trade in older games (xbox, PS2 era). I don't expect to get much but it seems a shame to just give them away.

Tremis

This man does his research.
I was going to line up for friend (got a digital copy myself), but I'm pretty worried about spoilers. Is that crazy?

isny

napkin dispenser
Is anyone going to wind up with an extra DIII Collectors Edition? Cause I'd be interested, PM.

I may. If I don't, I'll probably be willing to sell the physical items from the CE if that's what you're interested in more than the digital items.

Just shoot me a PM.

Besides EB (though not so much even now...) and some mom n pop kinda stores, is there anywhere left to trade in older games (xbox, PS2 era). I don't expect to get much but it seems a shame to just give them away.

Put em up in the B/S/T thread. Lots of people are trying to fill up their backlog/collections. As long as they're reasonably priced people will buy em.

EB's website says they won't accept Xbox and Gamecube games anymore starting this week lol

Did everyone here get their shipping confirmation from Best Buy for their Diablo 3 and/or Collector's Editions?

I'm stressing out.

I've pre-ordered with friends from March 9th, but I'm the only one that hasn't gotten their confirmation of shipment yet. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did everyone here get their shipping confirmation from Best Buy for their Diablo 3 and/or Collector's Editions?

I'm stressing out.

I've pre-ordered with friends from March 9th, but I'm the only one that hasn't gotten their confirmation of shipment yet. :(
Sounds like you're the 1% that hasn't received confirmation yet.

I'm so very funny.

The people with shipping confirmation from BB and FS, are you guys in the east?
I am in BC, but I have not received any confirmation yet, though my card has been charged. I am thinking maybe they will ship the BC ones on Sunday night or Monday because it will ship from the warehouse here so it arrives on release date instead of on Monday if they were to ship it yesterday.

kennah

I may. If I don't, I'll probably be willing to sell the physical items from the CE if that's what you're interested in more than the digital items.

Just shoot me a PM.
Haha, it's the other way around for me. I'm most interested in the D3 game and D2 soulstone thinger. Was hoping to find one from someone who ordered both reg and collection but only wants to keep one.

Though I guess I could just buy the digital D3 and someone's D2.. hmm.. options.

The people with shipping confirmation from BB and FS, are you guys in the east?
I am in BC, but I have not received any confirmation yet, though my card has been charged. I am thinking maybe they will ship the BC ones on Sunday night or Monday because it will ship from the warehouse here so it arrives on release date instead of on Monday if they were to ship it yesterday.

I'm also in BC, still haven't gotten the confirmation. I guess that would make sense...

Yeah, hope it is. It should be, the last few times I preordered from FS and BB has been like this and each time I receive the item on release date (or at worst the day after release).

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm thinking about changing my credit card. Is there a comprehensive breakdown of canadian credit cards somewhere?

Yup, check RFD. Smart Cash is the best for most people. Everyone has different needs and shops for different stuff though, so just check out the info on RFD, and make sure to go through a cashback site like GreatCanadianRebates.ca or Amazon.ca which both give quite a bit of cashback for a credit card approval.

Been a while since I bought a game near launch so I was wondering if anyone knows a game store that sells games cheaper the first week like when futureshop used to do that. I'm looking to buy dragon's dogma for less than 60 dollars. Tsilon? Any stores in the GTA?

I don't want to pay full price for a game with a high chance of pay DLC coming.

Guesong

So this might be more of a question for TV-GAF, but I figured I'd ask here first ;

Basically, last week was my birthday and my brother got me a Blu-Ray player. Problem is, I still don't have an HDTV! (Computer Gaming FTW!)

So, bang-for-buck wise, what's the best, biggest HDTV I should get? Any deal at any Canadian retailer atm?

Popstar

So this might be more of a question for TV-GAF, but I figured I'd ask here first ;

Basically, last week was my birthday and my brother got me a Blu-Ray player. Problem is, I still don't have an HDTV! (Computer Gaming FTW!)

So, bang-for-buck wise, what's the best, biggest HDTV I should get? Any deal at any Canadian retailer atm?

Most of the really good deals where in march or so when stores were clearing out 2011 models. You may have to wait awhile for the 2012s to drop.

If you're in Vancouver you could check and see if there's anything left from the Audiotronic.ca liquidation sale at Maynard's.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
My Diablo III C.E. shipped Friday night at 10 PM lol.
They're making sure everyone gets it on launch day, I reckon.

zroid

Banned
My Diablo III C.E. shipped Friday night at 10 PM lol.
They're making sure everyone gets it on launch day, I reckon.

STILL WAITING

Anyone ordered Diablo 3 during the E3 promo at Best Buy? The estimated arrival for my copy is in...June 10-16...wtf =/

Are you sure that's not 2011? I believe their "estimated arrival dates" for pre-orders just assumes the game is already out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm thinking about changing my credit card. Is there a comprehensive breakdown of canadian credit cards somewhere?

If you carry a balance, Capital One's Smartline Platinum is the lowest interest rate of any Canadian card.

If you don't carry a balance, then you really need to ask yourself if you prefer travel rewards or cash rewards as your reward. I think the top two cards offered right now are the MBNA Smart Cash and the CapitalOne Aspire World Travel card. I think the top tier Scotia rewards card is half-decent as well. Some cards have bonuses (5% back on gas/groceries for first 6 months) while others stick to a flat rate for all purchases, so it depends on what you use your cards for mostly.

Kunohara

Anyone here ordered the Diablo 3 CE from Walmart.ca? Just wondering if your status has changed with them. Mine still says it'll release tomorrow, and that I'll get it on the 18th. I really hope that's not the case.

marjo

FS shipped the copy of D3 I ordered during last year's E3 deal on Friday. It's now 'out for delivery', which means I'll be getting it today!

SkSCE.jpg

YES!

kswiston

I guess having the goodies early is still cool, but you will have to wait until midnight like the rest of us to actually play it :p

After consulting Best Buy on Saturday, apparently it's been released for shipping, but I still haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet. :(

RS4-

Mine is still in processing or some shit like that from FS.

Meanwhile the EB where I pre'd mine is open at midnight but public transit is bad. YRT isn't running while TTC access is a pain in the ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom