• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
If anyone wants:

$50 off PSVita

$20 off Chainsaw Lollipop Preorder

PM me. Both codes have to be redeemed at Futureshop.

Gritesh

Northgate fs in Edmonton had 3 people in line already about 30 minutes ago.

I already have diablo 3 from annual pass but I kind of want the ce edition. I live across the street from that location but not sure if I want to line up for 3 hours when I already have it downloaded and ready to go on my pc at home

isny

napkin dispenser
70 or so so far. Few security guards holding the fort.

70, wow!

I was going to say, if it's just a few of you I'd come out for moral support, but if you have that many you should be fine. It's almost midnight anyways, so you'll be out of there soon enough =D

zroid

Banned
Hnnnngh, wish FS would have given out numbers, my legs are cramping so badly. 45 minutes till CE+steelbook combo is MINE

The line has to be at least 60 or more long at this point, I can't see them all since it's wrapping around the side of the store.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hnnnngh, wish FS would have given out numbers, my legs are cramping so badly. 45 minutes till CE+steelbook combo is MINE

The line has to be at least 60 or more long at this point, I can't see them all since it's wrapping around the side of the store.

Hang in there. He's my photo from this morning to keep you going!

ivjLPl.jpg

zroid

Banned
WTF! FS denied me the Steelbook because I bought a CE! I was assured that they'd give out Steelbooks to CE buyers at midnight... this was basically the main reason I lined up. To get both. ARGH

I tried complaining in the store a little, but their intentions were clear. I think I'm going to have to call customer service online tomorrow and hope I can get them to send me one. -_-

Proc

Just got back from gamerama. They were open and I was able to get a CE. They marked it up to $139 but I wasn't going to walk out empty handed at that point. To me I could justify it on impulse. I have another CE pre-ordered that I'm not very certain will come through. If it does I will gift it to my brother. This is childhood nostalgia in big box form. Going to watch the making of blu ray now and hopefully get an hour of gameplay in before passing out.

Takuan

CanadaPost Ground Shipping?

Weird. All previous orders were made with Purolator Air Delivery.

Guess I won't be getting D3 tommorow or Wesnesday.

I'm happy about this, because there's a chance Canada Post will actually bother to deliver it to the security guard and save me a trip to their outlet. I always wind up having to go to the Purolator depot to pick up orders, even when I've included my orders for them. I'm convinced the driver assigned to my area simply skips over deliveries to condos/apartments so that he can make better time or something, because they've never left an attempted delivery slip, I've had to check their tracking site to find that info without fail.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just got back from gamerama. They were open and I was able to get a CE. They marked it up to $139 but I wasn't going to walk out empty handed at that point. To me I could justify it on impulse. I have another CE pre-ordered that I'm not very certain will come through. If it does I will gift it to my brother. This is childhood nostalgia in big box form. Going to watch the making of blu ray now and hopefully get an hour of gameplay in before passing out.
Man, I guess that's some smart gouging. lol

Just came back from the futureshop midnight launch.

Was 5th in line JUST missed the free mouse pad I got a poster instead :/

Got my CE, max payne 3 and the d3 steelbook :)

zroid

Banned
Just came back from the futureshop midnight launch.

Was 5th in line JUST missed the free mouse pad I got a poster instead :/

Got my CE, max payne 3 and the d3 steelbook :)

=/

I did, however, get the last mousepad because the guy handing them out decided I was cool
(ie, I was wearing the same Diablo III shirt from Jinx that he was)

DJ_Lae

Gonna head over in an hour or so to the Uptown Future Shop in Victoria. I'm sure there's already a line there but I don't (really) care about the CE or freebies, I just want a copy of the game to play.

I also realize my $40 copy will likely arrive tomorrow, but hey I'm up anyway.

Though I might give that one to a friend if I can use my $10 off coupon from the Witcher 2 last month. I'm just not sure if it would work as there's also a $10 coupon when you buy Diablo 3 and my receipt mentions some junk about combining with other offers.

isny

napkin dispenser
Gonna head over in an hour or so to the Uptown Future Shop in Victoria. I'm sure there's already a line there but I don't (really) care about the CE or freebies, I just want a copy of the game to play.

I also realize my $40 copy will likely arrive tomorrow, but hey I'm up anyway.

Though I might give that one to a friend if I can use my $10 off coupon from the Witcher 2 last month. I'm just not sure if it would work as there's also a $10 coupon when you buy Diablo 3 and my receipt mentions some junk about combining with other offers.

Friend tried using that coupon...he got refused.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm gonna use my $10 coupon on Pikmin 2. Forgot that was coming out in June! Will work out great too since it's $19.99.

DJ_Lae

Way longer line than I was expecting, and the CEs lasted longer than I expected too.

About as much pot as I expected, though.

Deadly

20th in line and no CE. I'm so fucking pissed. Quebec stores fucking suck. I went from FS/EB/BB and none of em had any.

Kunohara

Walmart just shipping my CE, should be here today actually. Even though it said it'll come on the 18th just last night. By Canada Post too, which is awesome.

my CE is out for delivery. does anyone else live in an area where CanadaPost puts pick-up cards in your mailbox instead of actually delivering it to your door?

for some reason they sometimes wont let you pick the package up until a day later. I hope this isn't the case today.

EDIT: looks like it's been delivered to my local facility where I normally pick parcels up. anyone know if it possible to pick up the package without the little card they leave? i'm asking because my mail is normally delivered at noon with all the other daily mail.

r3n4ud

my CE is out for delivery. does anyone else live in an area where CanadaPost puts pick-up cards in your mailbox instead of actually delivering it to your door?

for some reason they sometimes wont let you pick the package up until a day later. I hope this isn't the case today.

They do this in my area. The card always says pick-up available after 1pm :/

DJ_Lae

Well that was a midnight launch well spent - my $40 E3 copy is out for delivery already and I had a hell of a time actually getting logged in last night so I just went to bed.

EDIT: looks like it's been delivered to my local facility where I normally pick parcels up. anyone know if it possible to pick up the package without the little card they leave? i'm asking because my mail is normally delivered at noon with all the other daily mail.

Yeah, you just need ID.

I did it a few weeks back with a Lego shipment from Toys R Us - tracking said available for pick up but I didn't get the delivery slip until the following day - which I enjoyed because I already had my stuff at that point.

Firestorm

I completely forgot I pre-ordered and got a shipping email yesterday. I'm in Europe until June 8th which will give me a week to return it...

krae_man

Where does it say only for Tsilon members?

"and a $20 savings for level 10 members on any pre-E3 Preorder from June 8th to 14th"

Wouldn't make much sense if the perk was equal to a promotion available to anybody on Futureshop's website. The Pre E3 part must be a type because June 8th is after E3.

isny

napkin dispenser
"and a $20 savings for level 10 members on any pre-E3 Preorder from June 8th to 14th"

Wouldn't make much sense if the perk was available to anyone. The Pre E3 part must be a type because June 8th is after E3.

Sigh, they really don't want my business do they.

Oh well, guess I'll be ordering from BB instead. It's generally the better deal anyways with the E3 sale combined with the 800 bonus RZ points.

It really sucks that either way my money goes to the same company =(

Picked up a regular edition today. Considering how most PC games are just a DVD box, discs, and a "quick reference" card with the CD-key, it's a rather nice package.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do we actually know there's a price drop coming, or is that just the assumption everyone is making based on the fact Vita is a bomb and there are 1000 codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom