• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Probably early, but any deals on Arkham City GOTY? (360)

Only Amazon seems to have it up last time I checked, and for $50.

The Source has dropped the price of many of their clearance games in store.

What I grabbed today:
-Homefront (X360) -- $0.96
-Dark Void (PS3) -- $0.96
-Split Second (PS3) -- $1.96
-Batman:Brave and Bold (DS) -- $0.96
-Super Scribblenauts (DS) -- $4.96
-Trauma Team (Wii) -- $4.96
-Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3) -- $4.96
-Epic Mickey (Wii) -- $9.96

See the RFD Thread for more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What I grabbed today:

Whoa, some of these deals are crazy.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Well - I'm gonna go to the source tomorrow.

Super Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 will be mines ... if they still have them :/

Giard

What I grabbed today:

Tried going to the local Source....and it was closed for renovations. :x

Atlantic

Hey, looking for some help in Toronto.

My launch 60GB PS3 bit the dust last night with a YLOD. I gave it 24hrs to cool down and checked out some youtube advice, but I don't have the tools to really tackle that.

I've been to Gamerama for a 360 drive fix, but that was wasted money and I've only heard the same from others. So I'm hoping someone has had some luck with a YLOD repair in the city.

Atrium Gameshack? Game Centre(Danforth/Yonge)? Local PC shop?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I'd love to grab a copy of Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for PS3 but my Source has zero games. If anyone manages to grab an extra copy I can PayPal the $ + shipping.

My launch 60GB PS3 bit the dust last night with a YLOD. I gave it 24hrs to cool down and checked out some youtube advice, but I don't have the tools to really tackle that.

I've been to Gamerama for a 360 drive fix, but that was wasted money and I've only heard the same from others. So I'm hoping someone has had some luck with a YLOD repair in the city.

Have you checked with Sony to see how much they charge for repair these days? Just make sure they will send you a 60GB Ps3 back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Another Best Buy RZ coupon.

RWZCA_20120518_GhostRecon_EN_03.jpg

hLWys.png

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fec9167375630178/m/3/RWZCA_20120518_GR_Coupon_EN.pdf

ShaneB

Well dang, I was going to post this as well. My brother is in town and his launch model ps3 bit the dust as well. I knew it was expensive as heck to get it fixed proper, so I guess it'll probably just be best to get a new one =/

Also, have Steam cards made their way to Gamestops/EBs up here? With my folks in town it'll be an easy way to score a game, but I'd rather a Steam voucher now.

My 80GB just got a YLOD. What was the problem with Gamerama? I was thinking of going there.

iLLmAtlc

I'd just order the supplies off of eBay and do it myself guys. There are plenty of videos on youtube and it's really pretty simple. If I can do it (probably the least 'handy' person on this forum, no joke), I think anyone else can. I didn't want to overpay a retailer to do it because who knows what kind of supplies they are using and whether they are doing it properly. Off the top of my head I think you'd need:

- Heat gun ($20-$30)
- Torx screwdriver (~$5)
- Standard Philips Screwdriver + Smaller Philips Screwdriver (Not sure, I had a few lying around at home)
- Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste ($10)
- Flux pen (optional, $8)

For much cheaper than going to a store you can have the satisfaction of knowing you have the best supplies and did a good job.

iLLmAtlc

Whoa guys i just received a $10 dollar gift code from futureshop for ordering d3 from them despite getting it on release day. Check yur emails.

Maximus.

just in case some people are interested, the circle pad pro is back in stock on the Nintendo website. Just ordered mine a couple days ago.

theRizzle

Whoa guys i just received a $10 dollar gift code from futureshop for ordering d3 from them despite getting it on release day. Check yur emails.

Yup, got one too. I know Amazon.com does this kind of thing regularly so it's not a HUGE deal, but nice to see Canadian retailers doing it too.

So I work for Bell (please, no photos) and I get 45% percent off white caps tickets (middle fancy section purple/blue) and aqua (behind the nets and close to the outsiders) if any gaffer is interested in the remaining home games I can probably help with tickets. I get various other discounts but none as good as this one.

zroid

Banned

This isn't the "compensation code" but rather a promotion they were offering for people who purchased the game upon release or pre-ordered. I actually thought it was only in-store, but apparently not. I got the code too. Hell of a lot better than the in-store version actually, since you can return the game but keep the code (as opposed to having to present your receipt).

I hope I can use the code for in-store pickup orders. There are a couple $19.99 games I have in mind, but I don't wanna pay shipping!

Firestorm

So I work for Bell (please, no photos) and I get 45% percent off white caps tickets (middle fancy section purple/blue) and aqua (behind the nets and close to the outsiders) if any gaffer is interested in the remaining home games I can probably help with tickets. I get various other discounts but none as good as this one.
wernt you looking for a job for the longest time? Congratulations! Even if it is for the devil.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Anyone want the following Futureshop promotional codes:

- $50 off PSVita, first one to use it: GLIST11Y0LMTMX
- $10 off Resistance: Burning Skies Pre-Order
- $10 off Gravity Rush Pre-Order

iphys

So is there really no Best Buy online sale happening for video games this weekend? Usually they do a sale every long weekend, but the only thing I see is their yellow tag event, which doesn't seem to include games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So is there really no Best Buy online sale happening for video games this weekend? Usually they do a sale every long weekend, but the only thing I see is their yellow tag event, which doesn't seem to include games.
It does include games, just not a blanket % off of all games like they usually do.

MLB 12: The Show (PlayStation 3)
On Sale: $39.99
Save: $20.00

Mass Effect 3 (XBOX 360)

Battlefield 3 (PC) - English

SSX (PlayStation 3)
Save: $10.00

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (XBOX 360)

DualShock 3 Wireless Controller with Resistance 1 and 2 (PlayStation 3)

DualShock 3 Wireless Controller with God of War: Origins Collection (PlayStation 3)

Anyone know if the stuff in transit at Canada Post moves during the weekend? I'm curious if Dragon's Dogma will be here for the release date or not.

Also, not sure if this is much of a "deal" but I saw that the Futureshop in Dartmouth Crossing (NS) had Resonance of Fate used for $7.99, the cheapest I've seen it so far.

There was still another 3-4 copies left after I picked up one for myself.

Luigi87

Yes things do move over the course of the weekend, just don't expect to see any updates on the tracker until either late Sunday, or Monday.

wernt you looking for a job for the longest time? Congratulations! Even if it is for the devil.

Haha you remember that topic. Yeah I've been with bell in loyalty/retention in the call center for the last 6 months. It sounds like an awful job but its actually a lot of fun. It's really great because I save people absurd amounts of money, makes me feel like I'm doing some good in the world, even if on a limited scale. Not always perfect but satisfying most of the time. Full time, full benefits and lots of fringe bonuses make it a pretty good start.

iphys

Okay, Best Buy is doing an online sale tonight starting at 6 pm ET till Tuesday at 10 am ET with the usual 10% off games and 15% off accessories (and I'm not sure if I recall seeing this before, but 5% off consoles as well).

Does anyone want to snag Mario Tennis Open 3DS for $19.99? Futureshop has a trade 1, get it free on it....go to ebgames or wal-mart, buy Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for $19.99, trade at futureshop for end result of half price Mario Tennis! I just got mine! Wasn't gonna get it at full price but it will never be cheaper.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone want to snag Mario Tennis Open 3DS for $19.99? Futureshop has a trade 1, get it free on it....go to ebgames or wal-mart, buy Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for $19.99, trade at futureshop for end result of half price Mario Tennis! I just got mine! Wasn't gonna get it at full price but it will never be cheaper.

I can't believe Splinter Cell is a qualifier, that's crazy. I'll see if I can manage it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haha you remember that topic. Yeah I've been with bell in loyalty/retention in the call center for the last 6 months. It sounds like an awful job but its actually a lot of fun. It's really great because I save people absurd amounts of money, makes me feel like I'm doing some good in the world, even if on a limited scale. Not always perfect but satisfying most of the time. Full time, full benefits and lots of fringe bonuses make it a pretty good start.

I hope I get you when I call in sept/oct then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom