• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Also, hilariously, Futureshop has Final Fantasy XIII-2 on sale for $29.99 this week, and THAT'S a qualifier too! LOL

facepalm.gif

I think what I'm going to do is order Splinter Cell online from BB tonight when they have their 10% off sale (along with some stuffer to return later for free shipping). $18 for MTO? I'm in!

iphys

Lol, if it were any other Nintendo game, I so would do that, but I'm just not enough of a tennis or Mario fan to pay the $18 plus tax. Oh well, at least I got my niece some nice gifts for her birthday at the online sale.

Does anyone want to snag Mario Tennis Open 3DS for $19.99? Futureshop has a trade 1, get it free on it....go to ebgames or wal-mart, buy Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for $19.99, trade at futureshop for end result of half price Mario Tennis! I just got mine! Wasn't gonna get it at full price but it will never be cheaper.

Can it still be sealed, or does it has to be open? Just in case...

Can it still be sealed, or does it has to be open? Just in case...

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I've never done any trade in deals at Future Shop before, but a local mom n' pop nearby has Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for 20 bucks and I could swing by tomorrow and pick it up and then head to Future Shop.

I'm just worried that if Future Shop takes the game of the eligible trade list and I've already taken off the plastic that I won't be able to get my money back.

Add Lego Star Wars III for Wii @ $5 at The Source, just grabbed it. My first Lego game in preparation for Lego City Stories for Wii U! :D

It's fun so far. The force is difficult to use because so many things around you are grab-able, and some hints are too vague or don't tell you stuff at all. Also it's hard to read some new hints when you're fighting dozens of enemies.

Does anyone want to snag Mario Tennis Open 3DS for $19.99? Futureshop has a trade 1, get it free on it....go to ebgames or wal-mart, buy Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for $19.99, trade at futureshop for end result of half price Mario Tennis! I just got mine! Wasn't gonna get it at full price but it will never be cheaper.

A clearance game at The Source might work too, just as long as you get a recent one for uber cheap.

Wonder how recent the game has to be.

I might trade in Lego Star Wars III for it then! LOL XD

I probably have another quite recent or Most Wanted game I can give up.

zroid

Banned
Splinter Cell has been ordered for 18 bucks. Now I just gotta hope that FS doesn't wisen up to this little scheme and disqualify it from the promotion :(

I have until (probably) Wednesday.

DJ_Lae

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I've never done any trade in deals at Future Shop before, but a local mom n' pop nearby has Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for 20 bucks and I could swing by tomorrow and pick it up and then head to Future Shop.

I'm just worried that if Future Shop takes the game of the eligible trade list and I've already taken off the plastic that I won't be able to get my money back.

Has to be open, at least in my experience.

But they don't revise the lists during the day, so buy Splinter Cell, check the morning of the day you want to trade it in, and if it's still on the list bust that sucker open and get in there.

I'll probably buy another copy for myself to trade in, I did the same thing for Mortal Kombat Vita, was too tempting.

iphys

I don't see why it matters whether it's open, since you can always just wait to open it once you're at the store and they confirm it's still an eligible title. I'm sure they just need to confirm the game is actually in there -- it's not like they care whether you ever played it.

Maddog

Splinter Cell has been ordered for 18 bucks. Now I just gotta hope that FS doesn't wisen up to this little scheme and disqualify it from the promotion :(

I have until (probably) Wednesday.

Splinter Cell has been 20$ since November EB games and Futureshop has had it on their trade list every week since then at least.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Someone on RFD reporting 3DS is $129.99 until Friday at SDM. Can anyone confirm? I'm stopping by one a bit later to check it out.

ZJZdJ.jpg

zroid

Banned
Splinter Cell acquired.

Splinter Cell traded-in.

Mario Tennis Open acquired!

weeeeeeeee :D

amusingly, when I placed the order for Splinter Cell, the free shipping stuffer $9 copy of Bulletstorm they sent me (from Best Buy online) had a Future Shop sticker on it. The CSR almost tried to dispute that I bought it from BB haha

No hassles returning it though. The employees at the BB and FS stores in Markham have generally been quite amenable, in contrast to the horror stories I often hear.

DJ_Lae

Splinter Cell acquired.

Splinter Cell traded-in.

Mario Tennis Open acquired!

weeeeeeeee :D

Ditto. Picked up a copy of Splinter Cell from EB before my dentist appointment and traded it towards Mario Tennis afterwards.

I have a feeling I also traded in a copy of the Splinter Cell trilogy to get Mortal Kombat Vita the other week and the same guy rang me through as well.

I wonder how long it'll stay on their list.

Ditto. Picked up a copy of Splinter Cell from EB before my dentist appointment and traded it towards Mario Tennis afterwards.

I have a feeling I also traded in a copy of the Splinter Cell trilogy to get Mortal Kombat Vita the other week and the same guy rang me through as well.

So did I YAY! :D

Looked everywhere and finally found one BB that had it, I also got Samurai Warriors Chronicles (1st Warriors game get!) for $15 after trading in some junk.

The 25th is my Birthday (I'll be 23), and my family is refusing to get me any games, so these are my Birthday gifts to me! :)

zroid

Banned

I hope awhile, because I want to abuse this much, much more, if possible >.>

I am curious though, because they asked my phone number. I wonder if they log who traded in what games according to phone number, and disallow future trade-ins of the same game that way?

zroid

Banned
At this point, you're probably better off waiting till the GOTY
*thinks of box "art" and shudders*
, but Arkham City is $25 at Toys R Us

AC Rev is also down to $20 at TRU, assuming anyone actually wants that

(beginning may 25, that is)

Metro 2033 - $10
Kanye & Lynch 2 - $5

Thank you, The Source clearance sale. Gonna go check some other local stores soon.

When I read this I mistakenly read "Steam" clearance sale, and assumed there was some new sale event going on on Steam....

Very coincidentally, Metro 2033 is on sale on Steam for 75% off, or 5 bucks. Worth it?

suikodan

I hope awhile, because I want to abuse this much, much more, if possible >.>

I am curious though, because they asked my phone number. I wonder if they log who traded in what games according to phone number, and disallow future trade-ins of the same game that way?

If you're talking about Splinter Cell HD, it's funny since it seems to be eligible for Resistance on Vita as well at FutureShop.

Time to hunt for some SCHD!!! :)

Ottawa-Gaf, where do you guys rent games from?

With both Rogers and Blockbuster gone, the only place I am even aware of that still rents games is Microplay, of which there is only a location on Bank St and another on Merrivale Rd.

I've heard that CD Warehouse is starting to rent movies now, but I have not go to check it out so I can't tell you yes/no if they extended that to games or not (I assume no).

SickBoy

Yeah, for a lot of people it's going to have to be local independent stores (or GameAccess). Microplay has a pretty small footprint in Canada these days. Seems like a decent presence in Ontario and Quebec, but as far as I know, only a few stores beyond those provinces.

zroid

Banned
Not exactly a gaming deal, but probably still relevant to a few of you:

Future Shop is selling a list of blu-rays for $9.99, and each includes a coupon for $10 off to see Prometheus in theatres.

Among these are Alien, Aliens, Fight Club, and a bunch more.

Pretty good if you were planning to see Prometheus anyway.

Ottawa-Gaf, where do you guys rent games from?
With both Rogers and Blockbuster gone, the only place I am even aware of that still rents games is Microplay, of which there is only a location on Bank St and another on Merrivale Rd.
There's actuallly two Microplay locations on Bank St. - one downtown, and one at Hunt Club and Bank. Both rent games. I still do all my rentals at the downtown Microplay because I work downtown, so it's very convenient, but if you're not near one of the remaining three stores, you're s.o.l. afaik...

I loved the Microplay/Jumbo Video we had in Orleans... I'd been doing business there since their opening day and it broke my heart when the Blockbuster/Rogers tag-team broke their back and forced them out of business. Of course, only three or four years later both Blockbuster and Rogers have closed or downsized all the five stores in the area that were chewing up Microplay's market share, and neither of the two remaining Rogers stores rent video games any more, so now there's plenty of room for niche business in that field again, but Microplay's long gone... makes me sad :(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Downtown Ottawa working gaf holla.

I like that Microplay on bank. I try to peek in sometimes to see if they be $50 used psp gos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom