• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Oh, another thing. In case you missed out on the Tsilon offer for KH3D, you should probably be able to pre-order it now from BB (in-store) and get $10 off on Tuesday coupled with the 800RZ points.

Probably :p

The girl who helped me out this time was exceedingly helpful. Actually at the store I go to (Markham), I haven't had many problems with aloof employees.

I'm tempted to do that...but I want the MoM Edition...ugh.

I'm pretty sure you can't fully pay off a pre-order at BB in-store so I don't think you can use the $10 off there.

However, you can buy Mario Kart 7 for $20 and use that for KH at BB on Tuesday.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can't fully pay off a pre-order at BB in-store so I don't think you can use the $10 off there.

However, you can buy Mario Kart 7 for $20 and use that for KH at BB on Tuesday.
Yeah, that's what I meant. You'll get the $10 off for KH on Tuesday. You just need to put down the pre-order now in order to get the points.

Sora_N

oh shit. they accepted the coupon for a DS game!?

omg, might have to go back there...

I'm gonna go back for Mario Kart I think.

Well the code didn't work so she manually did it w/ manager password. I played dumb and pretended I didn't know it said 3DS on the flyer lol. I was scared she might know DS is not 3DS.

I went to zellers today, 30 percent off all games, although this has obviously been posted there were still tones of games left at mine. Too bad I only have a pc.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where is a good place to sell/buy used games besides Best Buy/EB?

I was going to use Glyde, but they don't operate in Canada.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Anyone know where is a good place to sell/buy used games besides Best Buy/EB?

I was going to use Glyde, but they don't operate in Canada.

www.Gamebot.ca

Canada's Glyde.

I got Rogue Galaxy for $9 mint condition. Lots of obscure titles for cheap.

Just curious, does anyone know if there's any good Vita games deals going at the moment?

I'm pretty tempted to pick up UMVC3 and wouldn't mind getting some money off.

Hey You

Quick Question for BC'ers.

My car insurance runs out July 29th. Now does it expire tonight at midnight or is it still good for tomorrow as well?

Firestorm

I am so angry at myself for not remembering the the EB Games System Trade-In promo. I was just in Seattle and could have picked up enough games for around $75 to get a Vita easily =[

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bought Mario Tennis Open today for $20. And another copy of MK7 to trade in for KH3DS Tuesday. I've never done these trade in things before so I'm kind of precarious about this all. The customer service rep seemed to have no idea either about it. So basically I just go in, hand them MK7 and they'll hand me the game? Do I still have to pay tax? Are there any invisible conditions to this? Seems more straightforward than I am willing to believe.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Seems kinda shady? It's in my city too lol. I want to pick up Killzone 2 for $4. Kinda skeptical.

They've always delivered, I've ordered 3 MINT condition titles from them.
The Darkness, Rogue Galaxy, and Dark Sector.
Sometimes, as soon as you buy the title, the price for another copy goes up. So they might have a lot of Killzone 2 on hand.

They're really trustworthy, way better than other game sites, it's a shame they aren't really known.

If we spread the word, more obscure titles will show up and people will sell them, you'd go insane at the amount of goodies they had at one point, I just couldn't get my head around buying used things. I thought they were bsing me when they said ''Excellent mint condition'', then I received them, I was like WOAH.

Sajjaja

They've always delivered, I've ordered 3 MINT condition titles from them.
The Darkness, Rogue Galaxy, and Dark Sector.
Sometimes, as soon as you buy the title, the price for another copy goes up. So they might have a lot of Killzone 2 on hand.

They're really trustworthy, way better than other game sites, it's a shame they aren't really known.

If we spread the word, more obscure titles will show up and people will sell them, you'd go insane at the amount of goodies they had at one point, I just couldn't get my head around buying used things. I thought they were bsing me when they said ''Excellent mint condition'', then I received them, I was like WOAH.

Have you bought anything recently? They haven't updated their Copyright thingy since 2011. My Firefox keeps saying their website certificate or something is expired.

SMT

Have you bought anything recently? They haven't updated their Copyright thingy since 2011. My Firefox keeps saying their website certificate or something is expired.

I received my copy of Rogue Galaxy a week ago, I just bought the two Gamecube Metroid Primes today.
I also discovered this site a few months ago in preparation for the Darkness 2.

:) I have my eye on Baiten Katos, but it says 'good' condition, I'm like fuck that, only excellent. lol

AAA or nothing.

It also says the certificate expired on Opera, don't sweat use paypal, if they don't deliver you are protected.

Sajjaja

I received my copy of Rogue Galaxy a week ago, I just bought the two Gamecube Metroid Primes today.

:) I have my eye on Baiten Katos, but it says 'good' condition, I'm like fuck that. lol

AAA or nothing.

Alright well, here goes nothing. Gonna bite on Killzone 2. Says excellent condition too. Hope it really is excellent.

EDIT: I wish I didn't have to pay the 3.50 for shipping.... thats almost the price of the game...

I also discovered this site a few months ago in preparation for the Darkness 2.

:) I have my eye on Baiten Katos, but it says 'good' condition, I'm like fuck that, only excellent. lol

AAA or nothing.

It also says the certificate expired on Opera, don't sweat use paypal, if they don't deliver you are protected.

I really like how the site is set up but some of those comments on the CAG thread are pretty worrisome. Still, I hadn't thought about the paypal part. I may give it a go after all.

SMT

Alright well, here goes nothing. Gonna bite on Killzone 2. Says excellent condition too. Hope it really is excellent.

EDIT: I wish I didn't have to pay the 3.50 for shipping.... thats almost the price of the game...

Yeah, shipping in any case is pretty costly, we're Canadians after all.

I really like how the site is set up but some of those comments on the CAG thread are pretty worrisome. Still, I hadn't thought about the paypal part. I may give it a go after all.

Never saw the CAG thread, I discovered Gamebot after hunting down the cheapest price for The Darkness. Take the SKU to google and go mad.

They can shove it anyways, SMT > CAG.

SMT is the real CHEAP ASS GAMER, everything else is just an expensive imitation. If you are ever in a pickle, you're more likely to find better advice in this thread, or redflagdeals. That place just reposts deals, and is primarily for the ''bring games to Canada'' which didn't require a membership beforehand. Sellouts!

Also, the person who sends your game doesn't get paid until you confirm that you received it, and it is in the condition he\she specified. :) Gamebot is the mediator, so maybe that's why you are seeing a bit more honesty in game conditions.

Sajjaja

Yeah, shipping in any case is pretty costly, we're Canadians after all.

Never saw the CAG thread, I discovered Gamebot after hunting down the cheapest price for The Darkness. Take the SKU to google and go mad.

They can shove it anyways, SMT > CAG.

SMT is the real CHEAP ASS GAMER, everything else is just an expensive imitation. If you are ever in a pickle, you're more likely to find better advice in this thread, or redflagdeals. That place just reposts deals, and is primarily for the ''bring games to Canada'' which didn't require a membership beforehand. Sellouts!

Also, the person who sends your game doesn't get paid until you confirm that you received it, and it is in the condition he\she specified. :) Gamebot is the mediator, so maybe that's why you are seeing a bit more honesty in game conditions.

Holy shit man.... I just checked Killzone 2 again, and it's $15.25 now!

zroid

Banned
Bought Mario Tennis Open today for $20. And another copy of MK7 to trade in for KH3DS Tuesday. I've never done these trade in things before so I'm kind of precarious about this all. The customer service rep seemed to have no idea either about it. So basically I just go in, hand them MK7 and they'll hand me the game? Do I still have to pay tax? Are there any invisible conditions to this? Seems more straightforward than I am willing to believe.

It is that easy. You'll be fine! Just make sure the box is opened, they will probably deny you if it's sealed. I might also recommend waiting until the day-of to open the case, as there's always the small chance that they'll remove MK7 from the list of qualifiers.

There's only one thing to be wary of: returns. Make sure you won't end up wanting to return KH, as I believe your only recompense would be a gift card with the normal trade-in value of the game you traded.

SMT

Holy shit man.... I just checked Killzone 2 again, and it's $15.25 now!

I told you, when they have extra copies of games, you save BIG. When the stock depletes to less, the system automatically marks it down as it judges it to be 'popular' as there is 'high demand' for it. lol

:)

Sometimes you get a good deal, but you have to pull the trigger fast, lest you want to end up in this situation.

SMT

How does Gamebot work out for sellers in terms of protecting them from scamming buyers?
No listing fees

Unlike most auction sites, GameBot lets you create unlimited listings for free. You pay a small fee only for items that sell.

See Pricing
Effortless shipping

GameBot sends a prepaid envelope right to your door. Simply pop in your item and drop it off at any mailbox in the country.

Reasons you'll love GameBot
No endless negotiations

Unlike most classifieds sites, GameBot does not require you to deal with the buyer directly, saving you both time and energy.

Reasons you'll love GameBot

http://gamebot.ca/Help/Sell

Like most other ways of selling you'll be given a prepaid package, they'll contact you with further instructions.

I'm a buyer, not a seller. :) I assume you have paypal as protection, take pictures of your shipment beforehand. File everything. How does Priceminister work? This is similar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It is that easy. You'll be fine! Just make sure the box is opened, they will probably deny you if it's sealed. I might also recommend waiting until the day-of to open the case, as there's always the small chance that they'll remove MK7 from the list of qualifiers.

There's only one thing to be wary of: returns. Make sure you won't end up wanting to return KH, as I believe your only recompense would be a gift card with the normal trade-in value of the game you traded.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that. I don't think I'll end up returning the game though, so I think I'm safe there.

zroid

Banned
What is this deal? I went to Zellers today and they didn't know what I was talking about.

Might be yours is getting a Target conversion? I think they're all doing clearance sales, but the ones that are not being bought by Target are getting fully liquidated. I guess Target's decided to retain some of the existing Zellers inventory.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm actually going to buy an extra copy of 3DL or ML7 from BB and do the trade-in thing for KH. It's way better than sticking with the Tsilon deal.

Not only will I get the $10 FS coupon for August, but a bonus Club N code!

SickBoy

Might be yours is getting a Target conversion? I think they're all doing clearance sales, but the ones that are not being bought by Target are getting fully liquidated. I guess Target's decided to retain some of the existing Zellers inventory.

Nothing from Zellers is carrying over to Target outside of the locations. The only thing they've acquired is the leases.

They aren't all liquidating at the same time, though. Here there are a couple of stores on liquidation now (both future Targets), one has already closed (future Walmart) and there are some others that are still operating "business as usual" AFAIK (mostly future Targets).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom