• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chungus

if i wanted to change my telus mobile plan to the 6gb deal, can i do it today and be charged the new price on the day of billing or is it better to wait for the day of billing?

isny

napkin dispenser
The space seems to be way to small to be either, unless there are Targets/Walmarts that don't do groceries.

There are indeed WalMarts AND Target stores that are not supercentres and don't have grocery sections.

In Ottawa, one of our Zellers stores has already turned into a WalMart. (Gloucester)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
There are indeed WalMarts AND Target stores that are not supercentres and don't have grocery sections.

In Ottawa, one of our Zellers stores has already turned into a WalMart. (Gloucester)

The one beside Silver City yeah? xD

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Man, if this the Gerrard Square one becomes a Walmart, that'd probably be one of the first Walmarts to even approach being close to downtown in Toronto. It'd probably save the mall anyway. lol

Cactus

Banned
So, is videogamesplus.ca safe to order from again? I'm thinking it's the best place for me to order Growlanser since I probably won't be able to pick it up from a retail location this week.

Also, I stopped by the VG+ in North York a few days ago and they were selling Pokemon Ruby (cartridge only) for $50. Ridiculous.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Has this been posted yet?

5 for 50
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.htm..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1387049382&pf_rd_i=1000820101

5 for 25
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.htm...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1387052822&pf_rd_i=3198031

5 for 100
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.htm..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1387049382&pf_rd_i=1000820101

5 for 50 is great because Super Mario 3D Land is a part of it and it's eligible for the Trade 1 deal at FS for Kingdom Hearts 3DS.

The trick is finding four other games you remotely want. I'm kind of tempted to get that DS Aliens game along with it.

suikodan

So, is videogamesplus.ca safe to order from again? I'm thinking it's the best place for me to order Growlanser since I probably won't be able to pick it up from a retail location this week.

Also, I stopped by the VG+ in North York a few days ago and they were selling Pokemon Ruby (cartridge only) for $50. Ridiculous.

They're safe. Shipping is really long but they're safe.

zroid

Banned
Oh, wow. That 5 for 50 is actually pretty damn good O_O

First time I've seen a good sale at amazon.ca in aaages

My list:
- Super Mario 3D Land (for KH trade-in)
- Tetris Axis (gonna return the one I got for $9.99 at BB)
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Bit Trip Complete
- Solatorobo

Seeing as I want planning on getting KH for $20 and I already got Tetris for $10 anyway, it's kinda like getting those other three for 20 bucks. Sweeeeet.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I was totally going to get the FATE limited edition, and it disappeared from my cart.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was totally going to get the FATE limited edition, and it disappeared from my cart.
Yeah, I was going to get Mini Ninjas for PS3 for my cousin then it disappeared so I just got an extra copy of SM3DL.

SMT

Yeah, I was going to get Mini Ninjas for PS3 for my cousin then it disappeared so I just got an extra copy of SM3DL.
I guess this is the first time I will use this;
pD3EQ.gif

DJ_Lae

So much good stuff.

I have Mario 3D Land, Nintendogs + Cats, Bit Trip, Kirby's Mass Attack, and Autobahn Polizei (I've had a morbid curiousity about that game for ages and finally the price is right) in my cart. I don't know if I'll bite, though, have no job at the moment and $50 is still $50.

Zajora

Wow, that 5 for $50 is a pretty good deal. Thanks for the heads up, Sir Fuzzy.

I chose:

1) Bit Trip
2) Epic Mickey
3) Solatorobo
4) Phantasy Star 0
5) Kirby Mass Attack

(I'm not double dipping on any of them)

Anyone in Montreal interested in buying off some games from me?

I got:

USED:

Mushroom Men Wii $25 (mint)
Lego Star Wars III Wii $30 (mint)
Xenosaga 1 PS2 $45 (no manual, perfect sleeve, good disc)
Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $100

NEW:

Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 $50
Resistance: Retribution PSP $50
Rhythm Heaven DS $30
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins Wii $30
Prey the Stars DS $20
Mushroom Men Wii $30

Vamphuntr

Anyone in Montreal interested in buying off some games from me?

I got:

USED:

Mushroom Men Wii $25 (mint)
Lego Star Wars III Wii $30 (mint)
Xenosaga 1 PS2 $45 (no manual, perfect sleeve, good disc)
Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $100

NEW:

Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 $50
Resistance: Retribution PSP $50
Rhythm Heaven DS $30
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins Wii $30
Prey the Stars DS $20
Mushroom Men Wii $30

Your prices are really high. You can get DQ8 brand new on ebay for like 15-25$ and you can get Xenosaga 1 used on ebay for like 10-15$ :p

zroid

Banned
My list:
- Super Mario 3D Land (for KH trade-in)
- Tetris Axis (gonna return the one I got for $9.99 at BB)
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Bit Trip Complete
- Solatorobo

heh, I cancelled Tetris and added an extra copy of Solatorobo for a friend. That works out better anyhoo.

SMT

Super Mario 3D Land (for KH trade-in) we have until August 2 for that, non?
Hopefully the packages will arrive in time.

"PS3 God of War Collection - French only"
"Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent Sin"
"ModNation Racers"
"Super Mario 3D Land"
Nano Assault 3DS"

Damn good deal:

- Alien Infestation
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent Sin
- Super Mario 3D Land
- The 3rd Birthday

Handheld heaven!

ozhenson

Damn good deal:

- Alien Infestation
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent Sin
- Super Mario 3D Land
- The 3rd Birthday

Handheld heaven!

I am going with a very similar deal. However, I have run into a problem, I have filled my cart with 5 of the listed games, but for some reason I am not seeing the updated price.

Am I missing something here?

SMT

I am going with a very similar deal. However, I have run into a problem, I have filled my cart with 5 of the listed games, but for some reason I am not seeing the updated price.

Am I missing something here?

Go to the checkout and pick your Canadian address - the final page before the transaction acceptance will have the updated prices!

My prices aren't firm, PM me if you want to discuss a good price, I also have other games I would like to see, like some 360 and other PSP games.

Games like PGR4, Kameo, Armored Core 4, EDF for 360, Secret Agent Clank, MHF2 for PSP, among others.

SMT

If anyone notices Amazon re-upping the Fate Extra Collector's - please pm me!

Sheik

5 games for $50

5 for 50 is great because Super Mario 3D Land is a part of it and it's eligible for the Trade 1 deal at FS for Kingdom Hearts 3DS.

Thanks for posting this! Very sad that I missed Kirby and a few other good DS games. Ended up ordering 2 copies of SM3DL, Pokemon White, Fossil Fighters, and DQJ2. I'll probably never play the latter 2 but I didn't know what else to get.

Edit: nevermind.

I spent $100 on basically one game I want: Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition.

Well I did get Skyrim PC for my brother and Dark Souls CE for his friend.

Got Skyrim and Kirby Wii to round out the 5.

SickBoy

There are some good games in the Buy 5/$100, but the only two I'm interested in are Fortune Street and Skyrim (and I likely wouldn't get a start on either for quite a while).

Got some portable stuff in the 5/$50. With Mario 3D Land to start, it becomes a good deal pretty much instantly. Also grabbed Kirby Mass Attack, GT5 (finally, the price I was willing to pay), Tetris and WWE, which is fun enough on console and probably just right for a portable.

I probably have gotten better "value," but these are all probably games I'll play. Not too sure about GT5, but at the very least, it's the only game in which I know I can drive a reasonable facsimile of my car (and soup it up ridiculously), so that's a plus.

FrigidEh

What's the best deal for a 3DS right now? I'm in no rush so if now isn't a good time to buy one, if there is a price drop coming or something else I should wait for, thats fine.

5 games for $50

5 games for $25
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.htm...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1387052822&pf_rd_i=3198031

5 games for $100

Jesus! Games are getting sold out left and right. Added Dark Souls in cart and now it's gone. Ugh!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the best deal for a 3DS right now? I'm in no rush so if now isn't a good time to buy one, if there is a price drop coming or something else I should wait for, thats fine.
There's this, but I'm not sure if it's similar elsewhere.

Don't expect a price drop, but if your not in a rush I suppose you could hold out for the XL to come out for some deals on the regular 3DS.

Sheik

heh, I cancelled Tetris and added an extra copy of Solatorobo for a friend. That works out better anyhoo.

Stupid question, how did you cancel Tetris and replace it with Solatorobo? Or did you just cancel your whole order and place another one? Also, mad jelly you managed to get Kirby and Solatorobo! They were both sold out by the time I ordered.

Quadratic

Yeah, I was lucky to get my order with Tekken Hybrid in. It really was the only thing I really wanted. The other games will be trade in fodder if I even play them at all.

zroid

Banned
Stupid question, how did you cancel Tetris and replace it with Solatorobo? Or did you just cancel your whole order and place another one? Also, mad jelly you managed to get Kirby and Solatorobo! They were both sold out by the time I ordered.

Yeah, I did cancel the whole order. I know you can remove individual items, not sure about adding them though. It might be possible? If I wasn't in a rush, I might've tried that first.

Sorry about Solatorobo :p Now I feel bad for ordering two. They didn't even have that many to begin with, it was down to four after I got mine.

Yeah every game I ordered (Solatorobo, Super Mario 3D Land, and Bit Trip Complete) is sold out now. Glad I was so decisive lol.....I almost ordered Solatorobo several times before now, glad I waited :)

zroid

Banned
Yeah every game I ordered (Solatorobo, Super Mario 3D Land, and Bit Trip Complete) is sold out now. Glad I was so decisive lol.....I almost ordered Solatorobo several times before now, glad I waited :)

You have good taste!

but not great taste, or you would own 3D Land already...

...unless you're going to trade it for KH like me, in which case, rescinded :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom