• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have good taste!

but not great taste, or you would own 3D Land already...

...unless you're going to trade it for KH like me, in which case, rescinded :>

How about I played it and beat it 100% last year, but sold it because I needed money for Christmas, and I want a copy to own again AND a copy for Kingdom Hearts LOL

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
How about I played it and beat it 100% last year, but sold it because I needed money for Christmas, and I want a copy to own again AND a copy for Kingdom Hearts LOL

Man, your story is so sad. :( Do you have a job?

Sheik

Yeah, I did cancel the whole order. I know you can remove individual items, not sure about adding them though. It might be possible? If I wasn't in a rush, I might've tried that first.

Sorry about Solatorobo :p Now I feel bad for ordering two. They didn't even have that many to begin with, it was down to four after I got mine.

Ahhh, I see. Oh well, I guess I'll just randomly give Pokemon White French only to some random Gaffer or something. Haha, no worries. By the time I found out about the deal Solatorobo was already out of stock. You got a nice haul!

Socreges

Banned
Anyone with a Galaxy S III know the best place to buy batteries/cases/etc online?

Anyone that doesn't have a GS3 can also help, of course....

zroid

Banned
Another one of those Best Buy coupons for $10 off a $30+ regular priced game. (EDIT: doesn't work on pre-orders)

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fec9167375630178/m/4/RWZCA_20120730_gaming_coupon_EN.pdf

You can use it online too with the code: RZ-10GAMING730

Expires August 2

Alright, your taste is just fine. :3

--

Jesus, it's no wonder 3D Land sold out so quick -- I was just browsing the RFD thread and it's all just hordes of people saying they bought 3, 4, 5 copies. :/

schlew

Damn, the titles Future Shop is accepting for Kingdom Hearts' Trade One deal are hilarious. Picked up FFXIII-2 for $15 at RCSS, pretty lucky since their clearance titles had been picked clean.
Saw FS is accepting Crush 3D, which you can pick up at TRU for $20.

Camilos

Banned
Anyone with a Galaxy S III know the best place to buy batteries/cases/etc online?

Anyone that doesn't have a GS3 can also help, of course....

Ebay baby. When I bought my S3 I unfortunately also purchased a plastic casing for 15$. They also offered me ONE measly screen protector for 12$. Then my friends told me to check out ebay instead. I ended up buying a car charger, a different plastic casing, many screen protectors and a leather case all for the sweet price of 17$ shipping included.

There is only one disadvantage. You need to be patient. It will take 10-15 days for the products to arrive since they all come from china.

I lowered the prices of some games that I offered before:

USED:

Mushroom Men Wii $20 (mint)
Lego Star Wars III Wii $20 (mint)
Xenosaga 1 PS2 $35 (no manual, perfect sleeve, good disc)
Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $100

NEW:

Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 $40
Resistance: Retribution PSP $30
Rhythm Heaven DS $30
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins Wii $30
Prey the Stars DS $20
Mushroom Men Wii $30

New to the list:

USED:

PGR4 360 $25 (mint)
Kameo 360 $25 (mint)
Armored Core 4 360 $20 (pretty good)
EDF 360 $20 (pretty good)
Secret Agent Clank PSP $20 (mint)
MHF2 PSP $20 (pretty good)
Namco Museum Megamix Wii $20 (mint)
Fishing Resort Wii $25 (mint, with rod)
Sky Crawlers Wii $25 (mint)
Alice in Wonderland Wii $20 (mint)
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii $25 (mint)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii $30 (mint)
Need for Speed Nitro Wii $20 (mint)
Bakugan Battle Brawlers Wii $15 (mint)

I'm kinda desperate to sell things off, and I fucking hate pawn shops/EBGames used-wise, they pay like nothing. :/

Not trying to discourage you or anything but most of those games are only worth 5 - 10 bucks. Resistance retribution for example is on the PSN store for $20, $10 cheaper then what you are asking for a used copy....

I'm kinda desperate to sell things off, and I fucking hate pawn shops/EBGames used-wise, they pay like nothing. :/

I'm not trying to say that your prices are bad and you should feel bad....but I've seen most of those titles for $5-$10. You may need to rethink your strategy, or try selling them individually on eBay.

You may be out of luck. Dragon Quest 8 sells for less than two dollars on eBay. $40 is a bit much.

Edit: Beaten. Not try to pile-on, Hero of Legend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
so I just show up with my 3ds and it'll pop up? If so, I'd love to get in on some 20 dollar KI
Make sure you have the Nintendo Zone app on your 3DS and make sure your BB is a Nintendo Zone on Nintendo's website first. When you open your app at BB, it will prompt you to connect to the zone and from there there will be a button that contains the bar code the cashier can scan or input to apply the discount.

Also we don't know if they stack, but if they do I'd appreciate if someone posted if they did.

USED:

Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $100

NEW:

Rhythm Heaven DS $30
Prey the Stars DS $20
Mushroom Men Wii $30

New to the list:

USED:

PGR4 360 $25 (mint)
Kameo 360 $25 (mint)

Try again. Your prices are WAY too high. It doesn't really matter if it's new or mint or used or scratched up. Look at what the game is selling for in stores and mark it 50% low. It'll still be better than what you get in stores in terms of selling it.

If you are desperate, lower the price.

USED:

NEW:

Rhythm Heaven DS $30
Prey the Stars DS $20
Mushroom Men Wii $30

New to the list:

USED:

PGR4 360 $25 (mint)
Kameo 360 $25 (mint)

I agree that your prices are way too high. You can buy a brand new DSi for what you are asking! Lego Star Wars 3 is the same price at eb NEW as you are asking used. Mushroom Men is the same price at eb new as you are charging for your new copy. You can buy a double pack with secret agent clank and size matters for the $20 you're charging for just clank. People don't want to pay the same as the store from a private seller. Your prices should be 30% to 50% lower than the stores.

Let me help you with prices. I'm comparing the price with the market at keeping it a few percent lower or at times the same. Good luck.

USED:

Mushroom Men Wii $5 (mint)
Lego Star Wars III Wii $5 (mint)
Xenosaga 1 PS2 $20 (no manual, perfect sleeve, good disc)
Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $60
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii $10 (mint)

NEW:

Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 $5
Resistance: Retribution PSP $5
Rhythm Heaven DS $5
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins Wii $5
Prey the Stars DS $10
Mushroom Men Wii $5

New to the list:

WORTH A DOLLAR BUT I'LL ADD GENEROUS PRICE TO IT ANYWAY:

PGR4 360 $5 (mint)
Kameo 360 $5 (mint)
Armored Core 4 360 $5 (pretty good)
EDF 360 $5 (pretty good)
Secret Agent Clank PSP $5 (mint)
MHF2 PSP $5 (pretty good)
Namco Museum Megamix Wii $5 (mint)
Fishing Resort Wii $5 (mint, with rod)
Sky Crawlers Wii $5 (mint)
Alice in Wonderland Wii $5 (mint)
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii $5 (mint)
Need for Speed Nitro Wii $5 (mint)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Hero of Legend, I'll pay you $20 (including shipping) for NEW Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 just out of convenience.

Let me help you with prices. I'm comparing the price with the market at keeping it a few percent lower or at times the same. Good luck.

USED:

Mushroom Men Wii $5 (mint)
Lego Star Wars III Wii $5 (mint)
Xenosaga 1 PS2 $20 (no manual, perfect sleeve, good disc)
Black DSi with a few free accessories (4 extra stylus, screen protectors, car adapter), comes with unit and adapter $60
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii $10 (mint)

NEW:

Dragon Quest 8 (with FF12 demo) PS2 $5
Resistance: Retribution PSP $5
Rhythm Heaven DS $5
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins Wii $5
Prey the Stars DS $10
Mushroom Men Wii $5

New to the list:

WORTH A DOLLAR BUT I'LL ADD GENEROUS PRICE TO IT ANYWAY:

PGR4 360 $5 (mint)
Kameo 360 $5 (mint)
Armored Core 4 360 $5 (pretty good)
EDF 360 $5 (pretty good)
Secret Agent Clank PSP $5 (mint)
MHF2 PSP $5 (pretty good)
Namco Museum Megamix Wii $5 (mint)
Fishing Resort Wii $5 (mint, with rod)
Sky Crawlers Wii $5 (mint)
Alice in Wonderland Wii $5 (mint)
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Wii $5 (mint)
Need for Speed Nitro Wii $5 (mint)

Much more realistic, and I still wouldn't buy any of those games at those prices. I'd say this guys best bet would be to maybe try to sell the whole lot at $100-$120, as that way you aren't wasting time on $2-$5 transactions (If you find someone to buy PGR, Kameo or Armored Core 4 for $2, you should give that person a huge hug).

SMT

Hmm, I'll consider, are you in Montreal? We could just meet up.

Je me situe à Ottawa, vous venez par ici de temps en temps? Sinon, c'est mieux de me l'envoyer par la poste. On fera la transaction par PayPal.

**Deal Discussion**

You can walk into ebgames and find it for $5. You can hit ebay and get it for $15-$20 with shipping included. Unless of course the demo means to much... -_-

I would, but he's Canadian, so it's better for us in the long-haul. Not to mention it would mean faster shipping. I might also get the bilingual booklets. :)

Somehow I actually get the gist of your post, lol.
Hardcore bro, I'd expect no less from a GAF member.

Je me situe à Ottawa, vous venez par ici de temps en temps? Sinon, c'est mieux de me l'envoyer par la poste. On fera la transaction par PayPal.

**Deal Discussion**

I don't speak French.

What I can tell from your post is that you're in Ottawa and will pay via PayPal.

As said, I'll consider, but I'll wait to see what other options come up. Thanks. :)

SMT

I don't speak French.

What I can tell from your post is that you're in Ottawa and will pay via PayPal.

As said, I'll consider, but I'll wait to see what other options come up. Thanks. :)

Sure, no problem.

DJ_Lae

Man, the games you can trade in for Kingdom Hearts are pretty amusing - and make me feel like I wasted my tsilon preorder coupons. I still got the game for $20, but I could have gotten that deal (or better) just with a bit of arbitrage.

I'll be trading in my FFXIII-2 towards Kingdom Hearts tomorrow. I'm not even that excited for Kingdom Hearts, I haven't played one before. If anything, I need to dump FFXIII-2 before it isn't eligible for the promotion anymore.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll be trading in my FFXIII-2 towards Kingdom Hearts tomorrow. I'm not even that excited for Kingdom Hearts, I haven't played one before. If anything, I need to dump FFXIII-2 before it isn't eligible for the promotion anymore.
I'm surprised it still is. FS must have a shit tonne of those by now. :lol

zroid

Banned
Hah, now my Kingdom Hearts tsilon pre-order shipped. I'm going to have fun times tomorrow simultaneously returning that and then trading-in to buy it again. I wonder if they'll let me keep the same copy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom