• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Anyone know if I buy a PSN+ 1 month code that's US, will that work for Canada too? I know PSN cards do NOT work, but some promo codes seemed to work in the past.

Sora_N

I figured the BB coupons wouldn't stack, the nintendozone one changes thr price of the item so Kid Icarus was 29 and the rewardzone coupon is not valid anymore. I just got mario kart instead.

Anyone who wants Kingdom Hearts for (basically) free, I have stumbled upon an incredible deal.....

Lost in Shadow for Wii is on Futureshop's Trade 1 for Kingdom Hearts list.
Lost in Shadow for Wii is in the bargain bin of Wal-Mart (and likely other stores) for $10
When you trade it to Futureshop, you get Kingdom Hearts and a $10 credit to use in August. So, basically free!

Absolutely retarded. It has a trade value of $5 when they scan it, but it's on the list so they end up giving you $45.19 for something they're supposed to give $5 for LOL

Sora_N

Anyone who wants Kingdom Hearts for (basically) free, I have stumbled upon an incredible deal.....

Lost in Shadow for Wii is in the bargain bin of Wal-Mart (and likely other stores) for $10
When you trade it to Futureshop, you get Kingdom Hearts and a $10 credit to use in August. So, basically free!

Absolutely retarded. It has a trade value of $5 when they scan it, but it's on the list so they end up giving you $45.19 for something they're supposed to give $5 for LOL

Haven't seen that game in a while sadly

lupinko

I'll see about giving this a shot maybe.

zroid

Banned
I kinda wouldn't mind buying Lost in Shadow for $10. It seemed like a decent little game. Too lazy to rummage through Wal-Mart bargain bins, however.

I'm still trading in Amazon SM3DL for KH, just gotta wait for the UPS guy to get here. Did you get a 3DS case by any chance? It says something about that on futureshop.ca but it might be online only.

I kinda wouldn't mind buying Lost in Shadow for $10. It seemed like a decent little game. Too lazy to rummage through Wal-Mart bargain bins, however.

I'm still trading in Amazon SM3DL for KH, just gotta wait for the UPS guy to get here. Did you get a 3DS case by any chance? It says something about that on futureshop.ca but it might be online only.

No luck on the case, no. I asked, but the guy said he didn't see anything come in. He said to check in later and bring my receipt to show I didn't get it.

Now I'll have an extra copy of SM3DL from amazon, but whatever. It trades in for way more than the $10 I paid for lost in shadow. :)

zroid

Banned
No luck on the case, no. I asked, but the guy said he didn't see anything come in. He said to check in later and bring my receipt to show I didn't get it.

Now I'll have an extra copy of SM3DL from amazon, but whatever. It trades in for way more than the $10 I paid for lost in shadow. :)

Ah, alright :(

I doubt they're going to be taking it off the qualifier list any time soon, you can probably use it for the next Trade 1 promo!

Every time I see RFD mentioned in this thread it just furthers my belief that it is full of the most slimy, worthless individuals north of the 49th.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Considering I haven't really seen Lost in Shadow anywhere lately, I might just trade in Star Fox 64 3D for Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I don't think I'll play much of Star Fox 64 3D anymore.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amazon.ca shipping email at 11:31pm EDT July 30th and the package gets to my door today. I love that amazon ships out of Mississauga. :)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon.ca shipping email at 11:31pm EDT July 30th and the package gets to my door today. I love that amazon ships out of Mississauga. :)

Same.

I always get my shipment like the next day :p.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Considering I haven't really seen Lost in Shadow anywhere lately, I might just trade in Star Fox 64 3D for Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I don't think I'll play much of Star Fox 64 3D anymore.
Is Star Fox 3D even eligible? Don't think it is at BB anyways.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is Star Fox 3D even eligible? Don't think it is at BB anyways.
It is at FS.

I hate that they do - free shipping to Victoria takes a week at best. :p
But you get to live in beautiful Victoria so you're still ahead.

BTW I also got my copy of Kingdom Hearts 3DS today. It's going to be fun when I go to Future Shop. "Hi, I'd like to return this copy of KH3DS that I got in the mail. Okay, now I'd like to trade in this copy of Mario 3D Land for a copy of KH3DS." :lol

Sora_N

Amazon restocked Starfox and they limit quantities now to 1 per account. I just used another account, spent $100. I hope the games retain value for a while.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Traded in MK7 for KH3DS. Didn't have to pay tax or anything. Smooth process, aside from BB Customer Support taking a full 20 minutes to do just that.

Zajora

Amazon restocked Starfox

Noo, how could they. :<

I honestly didn't expect them to restock on anything, so I went ahead and ordered other stuff. Curse you, Amazon! Making me likely to eventually pay a higher price for a videogame!

Glad to hear about the 1 limit though. It might not affect me, but I still don't like the idea of people taking advantage of the sale with the intent of reselling the games.

Looks like everyone is getting rid of their 60 dollar 6 GB plans as of august 8th. Obviously people should hop on it asap, but Bell is switching to a simplified price plan structure effective immediately. The plans are more reminiscent of telus with the data, data lite and non data plans. Not much changes but slight price plan increases or decreases depending on what plan you get. The basic voice and data 50 plan now includes 6pm local calling but goes up in price whereas the 85 dollar plan with 1000 minutes goes down in price to 83.

The data lite plan has 200 mn of data for PDAs or the blackberry social suite and that has the fab 10 and unltd texting for 43 a month, the voice only plans are something most gaffers aren't interested in...

hey, I have a vanilla master card that I'm trying to use on psn but it's not working. i checked the balance and theres definitely money in there. if theres no fix, anyone know where to buy psn cards online, and they'll end it through e-mail?

iLLmAtlc

hey, I have a vanilla master card that I'm trying to use on psn but it's not working. i checked the balance and theres definitely money in there. if theres no fix, anyone know where to buy psn cards online, and they'll end it through e-mail?

Maybe bestbuy.com will work if you change to a USA shipping address? Worked on amazon.com when I bought the rockstar pass.

Also are you c+ping the cc # to the website? When i did that there were trailing spaces and it kept rejecting it.

iLLmAtlc

Oh. Well aside from the usual get the latest correspondence from mc and matching the address exactly I'm not sure if there are other remedies. Seems to happen to quite a few people who try to enter their billing info to psn.

wingz

I hope FS sticks with having 3DS games as qualifiers for upcoming games, but it looks like that may not happen anymore due the action of a crazy few from RFD posting pictures on FS own forum site.

I was really hope to trade my Tales of the Abyss and other games for Sleeping Dogs and Persona 4 Arena.

zroid

Banned
These Trade 1 promotions are getting ridiculous, I don't know how they're going to afford to keep these going for much longer.

Hope there are good $19.99 sales this month, particularly for Vita games. I would love some $10 Disgaea or Gravity Rush action :3

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The confused reps at Futurshop told my mom they didn't have a Kingdom Hearts for 3DS. Then she told them to check online. Then they said the release of Kingdom Hearts 3DS wasn't until the end of the month, they even offered her a $15 gift card for Mario 3DS to boot. ''That would cover your pre-order mam!'', bunch of idiots lol. The confused associates then called the manager and she corrected their dumbasses.

Are the games section people really gamers?
They don't even know what time of the month it is.

During this whole fiasco there were fans of the franchise waiting for their copies.

Wish I were there. :(

Oh well, I had exams.

zroid

Banned
When I went to FS at around 4 pm, apparently this store only had 2 copies remaining. I had called ahead and asked them to hold one for me. When I got there, someone was trading in Pokemon Rumble Blast for the one other copy.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
When I went to FS at around 4 pm, apparently this store only had 2 copies remaining. I had called ahead and asked them to hold one for me. When I got there, someone was trading in Pokemon Rumble Blast for the one other copy.

When my mom went, it was around 7pm, not a single copy was on the floor, still in the backroom. And with the goofballs in the games section, it makes sense.

Quick

Banned
Got five codes for Draw Something ($2.99), and three codes for SoundHound &#8734; ($6.99), both for iOS. I'd post these on the "FREE to a good home" thread, but they're Canada-only codes.

Quote this, tell me which one you want, and I'll PM the codes when 8 people fill a spot.

Sora_N

Got five codes for Draw Something ($2.99), and three codes for SoundHound &#8734; ($6.99), both for iOS. I'd post these on the "FREE to a good home" thread, but they're Canada-only codes.

Quote this, tell me which one you want, and I'll PM the codes when 8 people fill a spot.

Draw something please?

Also I found Crush at work for 10 bux, but my FS was sold out of KH....i dont know if the other FS store will have it on Thursday. I already bought my CE for KH so I can wait tho.

Quick

Banned
Oh, that looks useful. May I have a code? Thanks.

Done.

And that's all of them, ladies and gents.

I don't think it's an app I'd use daily, but it's definitely handy. Not something I'd pay $6.99 for, but I'll take it for free. I got to try it out today while eating out, and the place was playing music that's audible enough, but people (and just everything else) was pretty loud. It was able to detect the music playing, and the lyrics were highlighted live as the song played.

LkPr

Has anyone here found any good deals for Guild Wars 2 available in Canada/to Canadians? I usually pre-order from EB Games but I want to see if there are any good deals out there.

Only one I've seen for far is BestBuy and the reward points (800 pts = $10 value)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom