• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here found any good deals for Guild Wars 2 available in Canada/to Canadians? I usually pre-order from EB Games but I want to see if there are any good deals out there.

Only one I've seen for far is BestBuy and the reward points (800 pts = $10 value)

20% off at Greenmangaming. Digital though.

EDIT: possibly expired since it's not July anymore.

Sora_N

I'm possibly selling these games off to someone for $80. Zone of Enders 1/2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus. All mint.

Am I getting a decent buck for them? I compared eBay prices, ZoE 1 is 10-20, ZoE 2 is 20-25, Ico is 20~, SotC is about 10-15. If I sold them on eBay I'd lose 10 bucks at least on fees already. I just sort of feel maybe he's gonna flip 'em lol, but these games are old and have/will have HD versions....so maybe he's a retro collector?

LakeEarth

Not gaming related, but anyone know what a good credit card in Canada with the best cash back rewards? I recall somewhere in this thread someone talking about a card with 2%, but it was a while back and I can't find that post. I've earned far too many Petro-Points for one lifetime.

Cactus

Banned
I'm possibly selling these games off to someone for $80. Zone of Enders 1/2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus. All mint.

Am I getting a decent buck for them? I compared eBay prices, ZoE 1 is 10-20, ZoE 2 is 20-25, Ico is 20~, SotC is about 10-15. If I sold them on eBay I'd lose 10 bucks at least on fees already. I just sort of feel maybe he's gonna flip 'em lol, but these games are old and have/will have HD versions....so maybe he's a retro collector?

Yes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not gaming related, but anyone know what a good credit card in Canada with the best cash back rewards? I recall somewhere in this thread someone talking about a card with 2%, but it was a while back and I can't find that post. I've earned far too many Petro-Points for one lifetime.
I use a MBNA Smart Cash Platinum Plus MasterCard Credit Card.

Earn 5% cash back on net gas and grocery purchases for the first 6 months
Earn 3% cash back on net gas and grocery purchases thereafter
Earn 1% cash back on all other qualifying net retail purchases

http://creditcards.redflagdeals.com/details/MBNA-Smart-Cash-Platinum-Plus/

Go through the following page to compare other cards that might be better for you.

http://creditcards.redflagdeals.com/

Fuzzy

Newest in-store only coupons in Click magazine for use at Future Shop.

JS3yS.png

http://www.clickonline.com/Magazine/ca/issue5/index.html

Page 61/62. You can either print them out or just pick up a free copy at FS to use the coupons in-store.

isny

napkin dispenser
I use a MBNA Smart Cash Platinum Plus MasterCard Credit Card.

Earn 5% cash back on net gas and grocery purchases for the first 6 months
Earn 3% cash back on net gas and grocery purchases thereafter
Earn 1% cash back on all other qualifying net retail purchases

http://creditcards.redflagdeals.com/details/MBNA-Smart-Cash-Platinum-Plus/

Go through the following page to compare other cards that might be better for you.

http://creditcards.redflagdeals.com/

If you do get this one, be sure to go through great canadian rebates to get it and you'll get $50 or so back upon approval.

Kazerei

Banned
Amazon is doing a buy one get one at 50% off for select psvita games.
However I think there is an error in their system because when checking out, it becomes buy one get one free.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html...f_rd_i=3198031

I was able to get resistance and unit 13 for around 40 bucks. I think unit 13 is sold out though.

Woohoo! I just got shipping confirmation for this deal. Gravity Rush was temporarily OOS when I ordered, but Amazon came through for me.

suikodan

It is at FS.

But you get to live in beautiful Victoria so you're still ahead.

BTW I also got my copy of Kingdom Hearts 3DS today. It's going to be fun when I go to Future Shop. "Hi, I'd like to return this copy of KH3DS that I got in the mail. Okay, now I'd like to trade in this copy of Mario 3D Land for a copy of KH3DS." :lol

You'll probably waste an hour just for that. Return a game???? Then trade????

(Explanation: Each time that I go to FS for the Trade 1 get GAME, it takes AT LEAST 20 minutes for the clerk to complete the operation. Add more if they don't believe you, then add another 10 minutes for them to check on their OWN website, yada yada­...)

Funny thing, the guy at the FS I went to had to ask around to see if my game (FF13-2, which is the 3rd copy that I trade IIRC) was eligible so when he left his PC, I clicked on the Used Games section, took me 5 seconds :p

Goddamnit...

Well I'm not planning on buying any game in August, so I suppose that's okay. Unless they pull any other steals like this.

They said you don't get the coupon if you do it via Trade-In.

So I got KH by buying Crush 3D for $10 and trading it in! :D

Gotta love it.

Wat. Who told you that? You do get the coupon with trade-ins.

The person I spoke to while trading Crush 3D, I asked about the coupon and that's what he told me. I have the trade-in receipt, maybe I can go back and get the coupon?

Edit: NVM, I checked the receipt and found this:

avec ce recu, vous etes admissible a un credit de 10 $ sur l achat d'un (1) jeu video de 19.99 $ et plus cette offre est valable du 1 au 30 aout 2012. le credit est applicable a l achat d un jeu video et le recu original doit etre presente au moment de l achat.

Google Translate:

received with this, you are eligible for a $ 10 credit on the purchase of one (1) video game for $ 19.99 and this offer is valid from August 1 to 30, 2012. the credit is applicable al buying a video game and the original received must be presented at time of purchase.

Would've grabbed Pikmin 2 if I knew this. :/

Fuzzy

Flyers August 3-9 from CAG.

Toys R Us

Buy One Get One 30% off all $19.99 or more video games
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance 3DS - $39.99
includes 3 AR cards
25% off all Mega Bloks HALO sets!

Walmart
Nintendo 3DS - $149.99
KHDDD - $39.83
Zelda OoT, uDraw all consoles - $29.83 Rollback
Rayman Origins (PS3/360)- $9.83

Future Shop

Sims 3 - $29.99
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats - $19.99
Sims 3 Showtime - $39.99

WoW Wrath ot Lich King - $4.99
Warcraft Battle Chest - $4.99
Warcraft Cataclysm - $19.99

Batman AC, Just Dance (Wii/360) - $19.99
Turtle Beach X12 headset - $39.99
Xbox Live 12-month Gold - $39.99 You're not supposed to be able to use the $20 off coupon from Click magazine according to the fine print but someone in the store might screw up and let you use it anyway.
Xbox 250GB Summer Value Bundle - $299.99
(c/w Halo reach, Fable 3, Gears of War2, Fallout NV, HDMI cable)
Nintendo 3DS (bonus Madden football) - $169.99

P4A - $59.99 or free with 2 select trade-ins

Best Buy

KZ3 Dualshock bundle - $39.99
PS3 160gb with bonus LBP2 - $249.99

XBox 360 - $299.99
(4gb Kinect Family Bundle with bonus Disneyland Adventures)

Max Payne 3 - $39.99
COD MW3 - $29.99

Warcraft Battle Chest - $4.99
Warcraft Cataclysm - $9.99 ($10 cheaper than FS )

Rocketfish Universal Wired Headset - $29.99
B2G1 Skylanders Spyro's Adventures - $9.99

Magnus

Super cheap WoW stuff. Good times.

Nice to see OoT 3DS rolled back to $30. Hopefully other retailers will follow suit, and then used ones can be nabbed for $15-20. That's about all I want to pay for that remake.

zroid

Banned
I may have to get this. I've tried the demo a few times (on PS3 and Vita) but couldn't get into it. What's the rest of the game like?

Yeah, I'm wondering too.

Didn't enjoy the demo much.

I played the PS3, 3DS, and Vita demos, and was fairly unimpressed as well.

However, I bought the Vita version recently and have been making my way through. It's definitely a better game than what the demos show. There's a good amount of variety and the time trials give each level a very different feel from the lum collect-a-thon.

I'm not quite a rabid fan of Rayman Origins like some are, but it's an easy purchase for $10. Worth playing, for sure.

RS4-

Going to try and find two games I can trade in towards Persona.

Well I do have Ghost Recon. My Forza copy is from the LE though, so I don't have a legit case as I don't want to do it with the steelbook.

jred2k

Unless you absolutely hate platformers, Rayman: Origins is a no-brainer at $10. The demo was just the first two or three levels and the game gets so much better than that.

Rayman Origins PS3/360 is $9.83 at Wal-Mart (Aug 3-9)

Thanks a lot, man! The new price is on walmart.ca already, so I just went to Future Shop (where it's still $29.99 and they match any advertised price plus 10% of the difference) and got it for $7.82.

Kazerei

Banned
Rayman Origins is awesome. The demo only covers the first few levels, but the gameplay gets more fun, variety, and challenge as you progress.

zroid

Banned
Thanks a lot, man! The new price is on walmart.ca already, so I just went to Future Shop (where it's still $29.99 and they match any advertised price plus 10% of the difference) and got it for $7.82.

awesome! that's actually tempting me to double dip. It's a great handheld game, but no multiplayer on Vita is kind of a bummer

I went to walmart today and saw the rayman origin games, I asked the lady about the deal and she didn't know what the hell was going on...how do I get these people to know there is a deal so they look it up and i can actually get the discount?

zroid

Banned
I went to walmart today and saw the rayman origin games, I asked the lady about the deal and she didn't know what the hell was going on...how do I get these people to know there is a deal so they look it up and i can actually get the discount?

well, it's not technically supposed to be on sale until tomorrow...

To answer your question though, show them the flyer. Of course in this case, they would've told you exactly that: it starts tomorrow.

Hyunkel6

I usually ask them to look up the item on their website.

So how does the Nintendo Zone coupon work? Is it only able to work at Best Buy, or will Futureshop take it? Because I want to use both that, and the $10 off from my KH receipt.

Doesn't help that I can't ever get on NZ. :/

zroid

Banned
So how does the Nintendo Zone coupon work? Is it only able to work at Best Buy, or will Futureshop take it? Because I want to use both that, and the $10 off from my KH receipt.

Doesn't help that I can't ever get on NZ. :/

Best Buy only, I think. Not even sure if that promo is still active, it might have ended yesterday. (it should be okay if you can't get into NZ, Best Buy has the code on-hand. If you tell them it's not working, that will likely be enough)

so not really a deal but I was at the wal-mart at westbrook mall in calgary and they had persona 4 arena out already, so if anyone is looking for it early in calgary you can grab it there.
only saw the xbox 360 version

I was looking through my superstore flyer and there was a buy a PSVita get a $50 PSN card coupon. Not the best deal but thought I'd at least mention it. Not sure if its Ontario only.

IllumiNate

Safeway has buy an iTunes gift card and get that many air miles, purchased a $100 GC and received 100 Airmiles. I was getting low anyways, and I'm getting ready for iPhone 5

SickBoy

Safeway has buy an iTunes gift card and get that many air miles, purchased a $100 GC and received 100 Airmiles. I was getting low anyways, and I'm getting ready for iPhone 5

If you're an Air Miles diehard that's probably not a bad deal (I always assume about 10 cents per AM in value), but you can almost always find iTunes cards on sale somewhere for about 20% off face value.

This week Best Buy seems to be the place to go. $50 iTunes card for $40.

EDIT: Oh sorry. I misread (i.e.: skimmed your post) and thought you hadn't purchased yet. Just trying to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom