• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Someone should message the eBay sellers about the chocolate bars and ask if there's a bonus for buying 4.

That would be pretty great. Reminds me of how I sent a message to an ebay seller recently who was selling an Ackbar costume if the auction was a trap.

iphys

Lol at people selling their Dairy Milks on eBay, although I guess Canadian chocolate would be sought after by some people in the US. If you've never eaten American chocolate, it tastes like the chocolate used in cheap easter candy.

Sora_N

Lol at people selling their Dairy Milks on eBay, although I guess Canadian chocolate would be sought after by some people in the US. If you've never eaten American chocolate, it tastes like the chocolate used in cheap easter candy.

And kinder surprise is illegal to bring to the US too lol.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I guess I missed the chocolate deal. :D

kswiston

I visited 3 SDM stores yesterday, but the chocolate bars were completely wiped out. I did managed to pick up a bunch of gum and ritz crackers though. I suppose 16k points for $28 is decent. That's still almost 60x the regular points.

I now need 20k points to hit the $170 reward level. If they restock the chocolate bars in the next week I may grab some. 4 for $12 is still better than next cheapest item (gum or crackers work out to 4 for $14). Looking forward to getting a Wii U for close to $100 if the price rumors are accurate.

iphys

I imagine they'll be restocking from time to time over the offer period. Although there's one Shoppers I go to that has been out of stock on gum every time I've been there in the last few months -- really, really weird. The odds of finding chocolate bars or Ritz on Sunday might be pretty low though if everyone just keeps buying them out before the special.

Can't wait to find out the Wii U price tomorrow morning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not immediately relevant to this thread, but just to give my brothers a heads up, likely the new iPhone won't work on Wind and Mobilicity because it's missing support for a required frequency. At the beginning of this year, a T-mobile exec suggested the chipset was capable, but it seems like its not enabled.

http://ihacked.ca/iphone-5-on-wind-mobile-and-mobilicity/

Been announced for Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Telus and Koodo.

Sora_N

LAME, I just ordered a Nexus 7 for my gf from Staples.ca and they won't deliver to my workplace. I chose to store because I won't be home if I'm at work.

isny

napkin dispenser
So, for people in the know, how do I go about pre-ordering an iPhone at Bell?

Step one: Walk into store and show them this image

tumblr_ma6lafc5ko1qdwqkeo3_500.jpg

Step two: ???

Step three: Profit!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pre-order online on the 14th and save yourself time.
I don't want to deal with UPS. Because that means instead of getting it on Friday, I'll be getting it a week later on a random date at a random time between 8am and 8pm. :(

Step one: Walk into store and show them this image

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma6lafc5ko1qdwqkeo3_500.jpg

Step two: ???

Step three: Profit!
I would walk into a Bell store and throw credit cards at them if that was an option. lol

snack

I don't want to deal with UPS. Because that means instead of getting it on Friday, I'll be getting it a week later on a random date at a random time between 8am and 8pm. :(

I would walk into a Bell store and throw credit cards at them if that was an option. lol
I guess you gotta line up early if you want that iPhone 5!

Sora_N

Ah, the carriers don't do pre-orders? That's kind of lame. Shouldn't they have learned from the Futureshops and EBGameses of the world?

Like, a Bell store or an Apple store? Because I live in a backwards town without an Apple store.

Either one works I guess?

sikkinixx

Just a reminder, Rogers/Fido have trimmed the update window from 24 months to 30 so anyone who HUP'd when iPhone 4 came out is fucked until next year.

snack

Last year according to RFD. I called Fido today and dude told me I had to wait another 6 months, buy the phone full price or pay the contract-buyout fee and then reup on another 3-year deal to get $200 price.

That's ridonkuous. They already have their hands deep into our pockets yet they're still trying to grind us out for more cash.

Just a reminder, Rogers/Fido have trimmed the update window from 24 months to 30 so anyone who HUP'd when iPhone 4 came out is fucked until next year.

Oddly, I've never had a problem doing it every year. If they gave me trouble I'll just hold out for next year's model when my contract is up and the cause them trouble snagging a better deal via retentions. Their loss.

Firestorm

I didn't think this had changed for old customers? Apparently I'm already due for an upgrade at the full discount and I HUP'd for an iPhone 4 two years ago.

If they let me extend my credits, I might do it again and do the same thing as last time... just sell the iPhone 5 and grab myself a phone I want instead (come to me Lumia 920).

sikkinixx

^^^

Well I'll have to give them a call again once the pre-order madness starts. We get fucked over with the 3-year contracts here *sigh*

RS4-

Yeah its still YMMV but lately they'll just let you walk and make you eat your cancellation fees.

I'm not going to bother with contract on my next phone.

Cudder

My girlfriend wants to upgrade to the 5 from her 3GS. I told her that pre orders start on Friday. She's with Rogers.

So would pre ordering online be better than showing up to a store and pre ordering? Also, Would she have to go on Rogers' site to pre order? Doesn't Apple only sell off contract iPhones, or do they have the ability to set you up with the Carrier you want so you can get it at a subsidized price?

snack

My girlfriend wants to upgrade to the 5 from her 3GS. I told her that pre orders start on Friday. She's with Rogers.

So would pre ordering online be better than showing up to a store and pre ordering? Also, Would she have to go on Rogers' site to pre order? Doesn't Apple only sell off contract iPhones, or do they have the ability to set you up with the Carrier you want so you can get it at a subsidized price?

You can do Rogers HUPs at the Apple Store as well. The thing with preordering on the site is that you can only preorder the unlocked versions of the iPhone 5s meaning that you're gonna have to shell out more cash.

The other thing you can is go to the Apple Store and get a HUP and sign on for another 3 more years and pay less for the phone (but you're locked in for another 3 more years!).

Cudder

You can do Rogers HUPs at the Apple Store as well. The thing with preordering on the site is that you can only preorder the unlocked versions of the iPhone 5s meaning that you're gonna have to shell out more cash.

The other thing you can is go to the Apple Store and get a HUP and sign on for another 3 more years and pay less for the phone (but you're locked in for another 3 more years!).

That's exactly what she wants to do.

So the 5 was announced at 199$ for 2 years? Does that mean it'll be less for 3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom