• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

I see Lollipop Chainsaw will be on sale... so it's a good time for me to offer up costume codes for free! If anyone wants them, be the first to quote and I'll PM em to you.

The costumes are: Foxy Funk, Rockabilly, Goth Girl, Jimmy Urine.

Which system was that? :(

Sora_N

Damn, I would have claimed it lol.

Okay so this is a GAF-only thing, and GVR/BC. I preordered P4Golden from Best Buy for $24.99+tax. If anyone wants the game for that price, let me know. I will purchase it, and we can meet up for it when I get it. If not, I will cancel the order because I am not sure when I'll get a Vita at this point. PM me if you're interested. :)

IMO, it's not worth doing a T2 for any PC game since there's no resale value and between Steam and its competitors, games are 50% off a few months after release. Unless you absolutely want a retail box or it's a Blizzard game, buy it online.

I tend to agree, but I've got some stuff I want to get rid of before it gets removed from the list, and both Xcom and Dishonored are looking like games I'd want to hold on to anyway.

bPod

Why not just return it? I played the demo and read a few reviews; it scared me a but I still wanna play it. Reviews are just opinions and the game got a lot of mix review.

snorggy

Why not just return it? I played the demo and read a few reviews; it scared me a but I still wanna play it. Reviews are just opinions and the game got a lot of mix review.

It was preordered online so the return process is probably more complicated than selling it to someone here haha.

But yeah I know reviews are just opinions but its different when reviews describe what sounds like broken gameplay :( I dunno, if no one wants it, I might end up keeping it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Pre ordered Zone of the Enders HD Limited Edition x 2 from Ebgames.ca. Seems like they won't be getting too many of them. There were 8 left after I placed my order.

zroid

Banned
[redacted post]

woops totally missed this on the last page. Silly me!

Perhaps I'll use my $10 receipt coupon for Journey CE. Or Lollipop Chainsaw... not really sure about that game.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If you bought from EB/Best Buy/Future Shop, the returns process is identical to something you bought in store.
Biggest reason to sell it to someone instead of just returning it is if it was pre-ordered from BB and he received 800 RZ points for doing so. It would essentially be 800 free RZ points. Another reason is giving someone a deal if you got it for cheaper than MSRP (like E3 pre-order deals). An example of both was last year I sold a copy of the Zelda SS CE to someone on here for the price I paid (I believe it was the 10% off + 800 RZ points deal) because they missed that deal. They saved $7 and didn't have to try to hunt one down and I got to keep the bonus 800 RZ points. It was win-win.

For some reason it's not on the mobile version of the site. Here's the link sir:

ZOE HD LE PS3

Looks like the quantity went back up to 10. Either way I doubt there will be too many made. The MGS HD LE was pretty rare so I can't imagine as many of these being made.

Thank you for posting this! I have been checking every day and the only site that I found listing a preorder was vg+, glad to save the shipping cost. Also, you mentioned quantity, how are you able to see this?

Anony

does anyone remember if doa5 had a trade in 2 offer?

i'm really hoping for a trade in deal for code princess (or maybe persona4) i want to get rid of this pos mario tennis 3ds or lbp vita

iphys

Guys, I'm not a big Canada Post defender, but the real culprit here is Canada Customs, no?

I was properly assessed $8.83 HST + $9.95 handling fee for a total of $18.78 on the CBSA form, which is what it said I owed on my delivery card. Then when I went to the post office to pick it up and pay for it, they rang it up as "NSH 15% Postage Due Label" at $18.78 and applied $2.82 HST for a total of $21.60, so I think it is purely an issue with Canada Post not ringing up the transaction the way they should be. I complained at the post office about it, and they agreed it makes no sense, but they said I would have to complain to Canada Post because they have no control over how it rings up in the system.

SickBoy

I was properly assessed $8.83 HST + $9.95 handling fee for a total of $18.78 on the CBSA form, which is what it said I owed on my delivery card. Then when I went to the post office to pick it up and pay for it, they rang it up as "NSH 15% Postage Due Label" at $18.78 and applied $2.82 HST for a total of $21.60, so I think it is purely an issue with Canada Post not ringing up the transaction the way they should be. I complained at the post office about it, and they agreed it makes no sense, but they said I would have to complain to Canada Post because they have no control over how it rings up in the system.

Ah, I see. I thought it was just marked that way on the form. Never had the issue here, but it's been quite a while since I've had a package I've had to pay duty/tax on.

I think you're right, though... when they ring it up as "postage due," that reads to me like a problem with your outlet and how they're handling it, but who knows?

bryehn

Ooh!

Dumb question, but old style hard drives won't attach to that style 360 right? No cheap mod to get the old hard drive to work on that thing?

I'm still using my old one as my primary unit and will rely on usb sticks for the new one for a while till I can find a good deal on a slim drive.

LakeEarth

I'm still using my old one as my primary unit and will rely on usb sticks for the new one for a while till I can find a good deal on a slim drive.

This vid made it seem not too hard/risky to get your old drive in your slim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0NhKgRC2tg

I just ordered it online. My old 360 broke, and it costs like $40 to fix it, so $100 isn't that big of a jump for a new one that (hopefully) won't have many problems. Plus I could probably sell the broken one.

Thanks guys!

ElNino

Ooh!

Dumb question, but old style hard drives won't attach to that style 360 right? No cheap mod to get the old hard drive to work on that thing?
No, it's easy to use the old HDD in the Slim 360; I've been using a Slim with my old 250GB HDD for a while now... and that HDD was just one I bought from Canada Computers and flashed for the 360 firmware.

FrigidEh

Whats the best deal for a 3DS and black2 or white2 over the weekend? I'm looking at this trade 1 for black2/white2 at future shop and that seems pretty good, but can I get a 3DS for a good price there?

zroid

Banned
Wow, so ordering the 360 online is actually $99.99. No gift cards involved. Daaaaamn that is tempting.

But I can't, need to use that money towards the Wii U :\

Sora_N

For some reason it's not on the mobile version of the site. Here's the link sir:

ZOE HD LE PS3

Looks like the quantity went back up to 10. Either way I doubt there will be too many made. The MGS HD LE was pretty rare so I can't imagine as many of these being made.

Thanks, I searched but couldn't find it at all.

explodet

ZOE HD LE PS3

I salute thee. Put in my order this morning and it went through.

So I got resident evil 6 and the reviews have scared me off. Would anyone be interested in buying it off me? Still sealed.

It and the demo scared me off. But I ended up giving it a chance anyway. Didn't like the first bit playing Leon's scenario, but by the end of it, it really grew on me. The controls are way more responsive, and while some parts of the game seem a little rough around the edges, it was a fun and different experience from RE5. RE4 is still the best, but if you change your expectation that RE6 is an action game, then you might enjoy it more (provided you like full on action games).

I've found that the best order to play the game is Leon> Chris> Jake. (I chose Leon and Chris, and then Sherry for the last one).

I know it's probably been posted but I just went through the flyers for this week and Shopper's Drug Mart has the following games for $14.99.

Hot Shots Golf:WI - (PSV)
Wipeout 2048 (PSV)
Uncharted 3 (PS3)

Uncharted 3 shall be mine.

DJ_Lae

Sold.

There's a big Shoppers less than two blocks from my office, I know where I'm going in ten minutes.

edit - wait, I totally misread that and kept reading PSV down that list. I don't give a shit about Uncharted 3, I was thinking the Vita one.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm going to wait till it's $9.99 to re-buy. I'm still bitter about SCEA ruining the GOTY edition's awesome European cover. What trolls.

RS4-

I know it's probably been posted but I just went through the flyers for this week and Shopper's Drug Mart has the following games for $14.99.

Hot Shots Golf:WI - (PSV)
Wipeout 2048 (PSV)
Uncharted 3 (PS3)

Might get 2048, but then I have to buy it again on PS3 to get the dlc/crossplay shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom